Sign in with
Your question

No application will open Nero Express-burned CD

Last response: in Windows XP
February 14, 2012 4:25:59 AM

My knowledge in this area is practically non-existent. I copied files and folders from my HDD onto a CD using Nero Express 6. The description of the end-result said "ISO image." I was able to drag the icon off the CD in Windows Explorer onto the Desktop and could open the folder. Then my computer, running Windows XP3, crashed. Dead HDD. I replaced the HDD and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP3. I could not recover my data without considerable expense, but thought I still had it on the CD. When I inserted the CD in the DVD-CD Rom drive I got "CD blank." I have managed to recover and extract two files with IsoBuster, but there ought to be many more. Then again, I can't open the files in several applications I have used: Notepad, Wordpad, and MS Word. I see a jumbled listing of folders and files, though; no directory tree. Please, HELP.
February 15, 2012 10:31:17 PM

ISO file is a bootable disk, you should have burned your backup as a data disk to be able to recover everything you put on it. you basically burned your CD in the wrong format. you will be hard pressed to get your individual data off that disk now.
m
l
February 17, 2012 5:50:11 AM

penguintech said:
ISO file is a bootable disk, you should have burned your backup as a data disk to be able to recover everything you put on it. you basically burned your CD in the wrong format. you will be hard pressed to get your individual data off that disk now.

That is exactly what I did, burned it as a data disc, except it is not showing up in IsoBuster as an Iso file, that is, no Iso icon.
m
l
February 27, 2012 6:40:09 AM

I do not think I received a reply to the last post, even though the email said I had. I still have the problem. Thanks for following up.
m
l
Related resources
!