ASUS P5QL PRO. Bad RAM?

Hello,

I´ve been experiencing some blue screens of death,completely random over the time and a lot of CRC errors while extracting files.

After some google research I've read that 4 things could be causing this problem: 1_ Overclocking 2_Bad Motherboard 3_ Bad RAM 4_ Incompatible RAM

I know that this problem was already present in my computer before I decided to overclock it and I know for sure my RAM is compatible with my motherboard. So that leaves 2 options,either I have a broken Motherboard or broken Memory.

I´ve been testing HCI memtest these last past nights and I only get errors when I use both sticks of RAM at the same time. Individualy they show no errors.

I tried everything RAM socket to test them and the result is always the same: 1 stick of memory= no errors whilst 2 sticks of memory= a lot of errors.

Could someone more experienced tell me if the problem is really the motherboard?

Thanks in advance
5 answers Last reply
More about asus p5ql
  1. I'm giving you the benfit of the doubt here by saying that it stands to reason that if you know how to overclock, then you know about correct timing, voltage, and placement.

That being said, by your accord, it does sound like your mobo memory slots are dead.
  2. The problem started much before I tried to overclock it.

Anyway I removed the overclocking and tested it just to be sure and the problem remained. 1 stick of RAM would pass error free on HCI memtest, 2 sticks of ram= lots of errors, like they can't comunicate with each other.

Forgot to post my specs,here they are:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E8500
    Mainboard: ASUS P5QL PRO
    Mem: 2 X Teamgroup Elite DDR2 800Mhz 2GB
    Video: ASUS 5850
    HDD: HD MAXTOR/SEAGATE 1 TB SATA2 32 MB
    PSU: Corsair HX-750W Modular
  3. check the manufactures website for the voltage your ram should run at. then go into your bios and make sure that the voltage is set correctly.
  4. its 1.8v , its set with that value. Again it only gives errors while using both memories.

Anyway the overlock seemed to be stables with good temperatures and no crashes due to it,made a post about it also here.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/forum/257352-11-e8500-p5ql#bas

Only difference is that I switched memory voltage to 1.8 and disabled CPU and PCIE SPREAD SPECTRUM, to see if it would solve the problem.
  5. I have the exact same problem with memory. Did you solve it in meantime?
Ask a new question

Read More

Asus RAM Motherboards