Windows can not be installed to this disk

Alxariam

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
(I'm running a (HDD) Hitachi Deskstar 7K3000, (MOBO) P67 Extreme4, and (OS) Windows 7 64bit.

I just built my first computer last night, and I feel like I've jumped through every hoop except for this last one...

Every time I try to install Windows using the installation disk, it goes fine until I choose where to install it to. It shows my HDD as Partition 0, Disk 1, but I can't install anything to it. I can Format it, Delete it, and search for Drivers. But, I just can't install Windows to it. I can search for drivers on the MOBO disk, and it always finds something, but it doesn't ever make a difference.

(I'll give a step-by-step of all the problems I've fixed to get this far)
1. Forgot to hook up optical drive (Boy, did I feel like an idiot)
2. Hooked it up improperly, went back and fixed it
3. Ran the disk that came with the MOBO, which just showed the time and date in the bottom right corner. After pressing ESC, something happened (too fast for me to see), and now the disk always goes straight to a screen asking for information from a floppy.
4. Tried running the Windows disk, but the HDD wasn't showing. I opened it up, and realized I had hooked that up improperly as well.
5. Now that everything is hooked up properly, I can't get Windows to install on the HDD.

Alxariam

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2011
(Sorry to double post)
There's a new problem that should not even exist right now, because I haven't changed ANYTHING since last night. Now it's not detecting any drivers, whether it's on the MOBO disk or the updated drivers I tried to have it install through my flash drive. It was 100% detecting the drivers for the HDD on the disk last night, so I'm not sure what could have changed this.

TRENDING THREADS