Tags:
  • Radeon
  • BIOS
  • Computer
  • ATI
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics Cards
September 25, 2009 4:13:26 PM

4870 seems to have died, When in the pc the computer wont start, no beeps wont load a thing not even the "num lock" key comes on
Is the bios has failed can it be re-flashed? any other suggestions?

More about : ati 4870 bios problem

September 25, 2009 4:56:49 PM

Hi there even i'm kinda but i had many times the same problem new here can i ask if the motherboard starts normally? I mean fans,leds,etc are working or not? cause if i get it right you have a motherboard bios failure and if you can provide the M/B model!also try : Pull the plug,open the case and remove the battery of the motherboard for about 20 seconds or try to find if the motherboard has a Bios Reset jumper if it has then just short circuit the pins for 10 seconds and try to boot after -Those pins usually is like 0-1-2 with 2 of them Short circuited just change the position and back! Or it might be just silver dots 0-1 find a screwdriver that can fit there and short circuit them- Do 1 of the above i wish you luck!
September 25, 2009 5:51:14 PM

The MB is fine, When i put my old card in the pc works no problem.
Related resources
September 25, 2009 6:20:30 PM

The card may be totally dead. Do the fans spin and stuff, or does it not do anything? Is is still under warranty?
September 25, 2009 8:22:18 PM

doubt it unless it has a manufactures warranty i got it off ebay.
And yeh the fans spin and i have a 650w PSU and a capable pc.

Dead as in imposable to repair or cost to much?
September 25, 2009 8:39:51 PM

The bios on a video card card doesn't suddenly die. It only happens if you try to flash it. If you're sure it's dead, then it's likely a hardware problem. People have had some success reviving cards by placing them in the oven. Others have had success by freezing them. Do a google search and you'll find instructions on what to try. Since the card is already dead and doesn't have a warranty, it can't hurt to try.
September 26, 2009 12:36:22 PM

BIOS Deffo has not been flashed, but it wont even even show any bios screen when the cards in :( 
I will try the above i have nothing to lose, do you have any links or any more suggestions?
Cheers for the help so far guys.