Gigabyte motherboard problems

G

I recently bought a GA-M52L-S3P Motherboard (rev1.0 if that helps) with a 2.7 Ghz Athlon 2 425 X3 Processor and 2Ghz AData 1066 ram and case comes with 400 watt psu. Everything seemed to fit well together. The system boots up but i get no display on my monitor, Graphics card is Ati Radeon Sapphire HD5670, i have also tried another graphics card that i know for sure works and still i have no clue what the problem could be. Please does anyone know anything i dont

Boot? Do you hear a short beep?

Complete system specs?

Our standard checklist and troubleshooting thread:
http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-read-posting-boot-problems

I suspect the power supply.

Try to borrow a known good PSU. Or better yet, see if you can test your PSU in another working system. If you cannot do that, try to borrow a DMM to measure the voltages. Yellow wires should be 12 volts. Red wires: +5 volts, orange wires: +3.3 volts, blue wire : -12 volts, violet wire: 5 volts always on. The gray wire is really important. It should go from 0 to +5 volts when you turn the PSU on with the case switch. CPU needs this signal to boot.

You can turn on the PSU by completely disconnecting the PSU and using a paperclip or jumper wire to short the green wire to one of the neighboring black wires.

This checks the PSU under no load conditions, so it is not completely reliable. But if it can not pass this, it is dead. The voltage checks can be repeated after reconnecting the PSU to the rest of the computer.

Dirtman73

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2009
What jsc said.

Before you do all that you might try cleaning out the PCI-E x16 slot with a bit of canned air (turn off and unplug the system first obviously).

Check to make sure that the BIOS is set to check the PCI-E slot as its primary graphics adaptor during POST. If your particular mobo has that option, anyway.

Failing that, try resetting the BIOS. Factory BIOS settings are not always 100% reliable.