Sign in with
Your question

Cpu temp ranges for an acer aspire 9300 laptop

Last response: in CPUs
November 28, 2009 11:50:31 PM

what the average temps for this laptop? >Idle Temp >Low Usage Temp(light programs such as IE7, Windows Mail, Messenger Programs) >Heavy Usage Temp(a/v scans [Norton 360 v2.0 , Webroot Antivirus w/ spy sweeper], Streaming videos or music [ Netflix and Rhapsody]) >Critical Temp >Overheat Shutdown Temp(Thermal Overload Protection)--if any if ne1 knows these answers id be truly gratefull acer techs refuse to help or agknowlage me since the factory warannty is out
November 29, 2009 12:15:33 AM

What is the chip inside of it that would make it easier to tell, and what load percentage do those programs put on the cpu
m
l
April 9, 2011 2:49:32 AM

I know this is an old thread but I thought this may help anyone with similar issue in the future.

If you disassemble the 9300 (and 9310, etc.) and remove the fan, you will find a (approx.) 2 in. x 2in. piece of thick, black, plastic-coated paper stuck to the inside of the laptop air intake grill !

I won't speculate as to why it is there but it wasn't put there by mistake........ it was cleanly glued into place at manufacture.

Remove this and your temperatures will drop by approx. 30 - 40% !

Hee's a photo of offending object:
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/5448/dscf0001j.jpg

Hope this is helpfull to someone.
m
l
!