Sign in with
Your question
Solved

D-14 and RASA kits

Last response: in Overclocking
November 21, 2011 5:18:46 PM

So i got a small dilemma.

Im running myself a 955 BE at 3.8. I threw on a Corsair H60 and it cools just fine around 29-31c idle, and 48c prime95 load.

I was thinking of upgrading my cooler to the XSPC RASA RS240 or the RX 240 kit. Both have good reviews, but I recently got a good suggestion to go with the Noctua D-14 because it literally blows away so much competition without any hassle and low Dba's.

Question is: Owners of the mentioned coolers, do you like the temperatures you are getting and which one should i get for my use?

Uses: Usually projects for college, internet, gaming(BF3, MW3, Crysis 2), internet multitasking(approx 20-30 tabs at once) and light video and photo editing.

More about : rasa kits

a c 324 K Overclocking
November 21, 2011 5:22:23 PM

If you want more info on watercooling, visit us in the watercooling forum. Rasa kits perform considerably better than Corsair/Antec, etc LCS coolers...different league, in case you are looking for comparison, there.

Quote:
Im running myself a 955 BE at 3.8. I threw on a Corsair H60 and it cools just fine around 29-31c idle, and 48c prime95 load.

This really is pretty decent, what are you looking for in terms of temps?

However, it often comes down to budget and user confidence. If you want to get more info, check out the links in my signature for watercooling stickies.

m
l
November 21, 2011 5:34:25 PM

rubix_1011 said:
If you want more info on watercooling, visit us in the watercooling forum. Rasa kits perform considerably better than Corsair/Antec, etc LCS coolers...different league, in case you are looking for comparison, there.

Quote:

This really is pretty decent, what are you looking for in terms of temps?

However, it often comes down to budget and user confidence. If you want to get more info, check out the links in my signature for watercooling stickies.

Well my build isn't for long term use. I am planning to sell it as soon as i can. If i plan to go water loop(rasa for starting) then ill throw some more down on my budget and get myself the 2500k and maybe two gtx 460 in sli(but prefer a single card so a 560ti is plenty for my use, because i currently run the 6870 and it works good). Plus my corsair 650d case isn't really the best case for a good size rad anywhere.
m
l
Related resources
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 21, 2011 9:03:40 PM

Quote:
If i plan to go water loop(rasa for starting) then ill throw some more down on my budget and get myself the 2500k and maybe two gtx 460 in sli

If you are wanting to watercool that much of your gear, I'd skip the Rasa kit altogether and build a custom loop that will perform better.
m
l
November 22, 2011 4:01:04 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Quote:
If i plan to go water loop(rasa for starting) then ill throw some more down on my budget and get myself the 2500k and maybe two gtx 460 in sli

If you are wanting to watercool that much of your gear, I'd skip the Rasa kit altogether and build a custom loop that will perform better.

well isn't the rasa's a good starting point? plus i heard the water block is a really performer
m
l
a c 324 K Overclocking
November 22, 2011 6:55:23 PM

Yes, the waterblock is as well as the radiators if you go the route of the RX kits. The pump isn't designed to push through multiple blocks like a large SLI setup, but there are people who have done this. There are lots of folks running a Rasa kit and a single GPU- if you run multiples you'd want to seriously consider more radiators. By this point, you might as well build a custom loop how you want.
m
l
November 23, 2011 1:06:33 AM

rubix_1011 said:
Yes, the waterblock is as well as the radiators if you go the route of the RX kits. The pump isn't designed to push through multiple blocks like a large SLI setup, but there are people who have done this. There are lots of folks running a Rasa kit and a single GPU- if you run multiples you'd want to seriously consider more radiators. By this point, you might as well build a custom loop how you want.

well thats completely true. i understand your point. I am only planning to water cool a single cpu and maybe a 560ti gpu sometime in the future. You think the RX kit can pull that load well enough?
m
l

Best solution

a c 324 K Overclocking
November 23, 2011 1:38:10 PM

Yes, but I'd only suggest the RX360 kit for that. You'd obviously need the GPU waterblock and fittings to complete the loop...maybe a bit extra tubing.

I think the XSPC X20 pump in the Rasa kits are fine to push through multiple blocks, but it isn't ideal for the flow rates and head pressure you'll want for good, long term use in a larger loop. Besides, if you are building a loop like that, do you really want to skimp on the most important component, the pump?
November 23, 2011 10:38:33 PM

Best answer selected by andrey64.
m
l
!