Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Touchpad
  • Keyboards
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
February 14, 2012 11:00:20 AM

Hello,
on trying to solve laptops dissapearing cd rom drive issue,i followed several suggestions from forums, however having done this then re booting my keyboard and touch pad wont respond.works on bios and safe mode screen comes up but still no response from keyboard or touchpad. op is xp and its an acer aspire 5630. any suggestions greatly appreiciated before it goes through window! thanks!

More about : acer aspire keyboard touchpad responing startup

August 11, 2012 7:44:08 PM

I had a problem with my acer aspire 5920 after an update, and I tried all I could think of.
I tried every option on the f8 menu then tried calling for advice as I have insurance on my laptop, and tried some other things, but it seemed like I was going to have to send it in to be repaired.
I thought i would give it one last go to try and fix the problem, so searched around for all the info I could then realised if only I could update the driver for the touchpad somehow atleast that would be a start so I went on the acer website for the touchpad driver, (link below) ( you will need to select your computer from the lists )

http://www.acer.co.uk/ac/en/GB/content/drivers

scrolled down to touchpad driver and downloaded it on a different computer as my wifi was not working because of the problem. I then unzipped and copied to compact disk (cd) and put it into my acer laptop, I then restarted my laptop and held the alt button while tapping F10 repeatedly until the F10 screen came up then pressed enter, I heard the disk drive running and it took longer to come on but when it did, it was working fine and even the internet was working again.

Not sure if it helped to delete all the updates that I had installed on the computer before this happened but thats what I tried before I done this, so maybe it did, who knows... All I know is that it worked and I was happy.

Hope this helps you and others searching for answers to this
m
l