THREE WEEKS

The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
Nightlife!

My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
houses :)

What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
you're gonna do when you get it? :)

Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
Vampire Zombie!
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
> Nightlife!
>
> My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
> the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
> at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
> irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
> LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
> houses :)

Who knows what I'll do, besides continous breeding... I'm a little
dishartened that Whitney keeps having pink babies. Little Doey had her
father's eyes, but that's the only sign in any of the three that daddy
is an alien.

> What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
> it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
> you're gonna do when you get it? :)

Figure out how to add garages, although I may not bother with cars.

-georg

>What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife?

Has it been raining all day?!! ^_^

>When do you expect to get it in your country?

A few days after the US. Getting it the very weekend its out.

>Doing anything to prepare?

Making sims to replace all the ugly Maxis default ones.

>What's the first thing you're gonna do when you get it? :)

Take my sims to the disco and then go bowling! Watching the darlings
dance is the funniest thing ever!!!

>Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
>Vampire Zombie!

Hay haven't done any of that. Wander what the other expansions will
have? Mummified werewolf alien vampire zombie maybe!?!

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
> Nightlife!
>
> My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
> the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
> at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
> irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
> LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
> houses :)
>
> What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
> it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
> you're gonna do when you get it? :)
>
> Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
> Vampire Zombie!
> --

I'll be getting it soon after it comes out. I might be on a short
vacation on the actual date of release, don't know yet.

I plan to check out the new objects and will probably reset all my
neighborhoods back to factory release so I can take the sims out on the
town. I'll build some restaurants and dance halls. I doubt if I will
ever play with vampires (like I avoid zombies in the current game -- not
my cup of tea) but I'm interested in the new objects.

Jeanie

> The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
> Nightlife!
>
> My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
> the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
> at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
> irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
> LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
> houses :)
>
> What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
> it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
> you're gonna do when you get it? :)
>
> Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
> Vampire Zombie!
> --
>

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
> beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

Oh yes, I am very excited! I may even go downtown if I can drive there.
LOL Waiting on that darn taxi
was the pits! I'll probably get my computer ready, then just do a clean
install. LOL I get bored quickly with
the sims I make so it's no biggie if I just start from scratch again.

Actually though it's 3 weeks and 3 days here in the USA. I know you say
differently but it ain't so. LOL

Joy

On 22 Aug 2005 07:31:42 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
wrote:

>Has it been raining all day?!! ^_^

LOL... yep :-\

>Hay haven't done any of that. Wander what the other expansions will
>have? Mummified werewolf alien vampire zombie maybe!?!

Oooh! Yes please!
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:23:49 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I plan to check out the new objects and will probably reset all my
>neighborhoods back to factory release so I can take the sims out on the

Is there a way to do that without reinstalling? Though... I've messed
so much with mine, I probably *should* reinstall.

>town. I'll build some restaurants and dance halls. I doubt if I will
>ever play with vampires (like I avoid zombies in the current game -- not
>my cup of tea) but I'm interested in the new objects.

Hehe, I have some mad scientists who relish in doing stuff like
that...
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

>>Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>> Doesn't it frustrate you people to spend time making and raising sims
>>only to ditch them with a new ex pack comes along? Seems like waste of
>>time to me.

>But that's what this game amounts to, really. A wonderful way to waste
>time. LOL

There's no way I'm ditching my neighbourhood. I did it once and
missed all the old relationships. I want to take all my existing Sims
out partying!!

I'm pretty sure the clever bods and MTS2 will get all the custom
content working. It should be less painless this time, as people know
much more about the game now. (That's assuming EA doesn't brake it
all with some nasty "fix")

Worse comes to the worse I'll play with the original Pleasant Ville. I
can have fun totally screwing up Maxis stores all over again.

*Starts evil thoughts of what will happen to Don*

>I can't speak for others, only for myself. But after a while,
>everything gets very repetitious. Grow up, go to school, go to college,
>get a job, get laid, get skills, get married, have babies. Repeat.
>Only the names and skintones really change. Unless you create sims with
>really bizarre personalities, the gameplay seldom changes. After a
>couple of generations in one neighborhood, family trees don't fork much
>anymore unless you keep creating new sims or marry ugly townies for new
>depth in your gene pool.

I probably spend more time "fiddling" with the game then actually
playing. Was reading the guides on how to make Pagodas and curved roofs
last night. So, now I want to change all my lots to have one!

Also, started to look at how to make custom meshes.

There's still a ton of stuff I haven't done. Like graduate a Sim
from uni! I found uni a bit of a chore not enough time to party and get
la..... Er well the things most people really do at uni.

>I love to build houses and then see how well they play within the game.
>But after a while, neighborhoods get full. I can always package and
>save spectacular lots that work, but then the sims families I create
>can't afford to move into them. I usually put families on empty lots,
>then motherlode them and build around them.

I tend to build new houses or families and play with them. Old families
often get forgotten about.

>Occasionally I get inspired to create theme areas in neighborhoods, like
>the Bombay area or the fairy village or the alien houses, and sometimes
>I play out stories just to sit and watch what happens. But starting
>over doesn't bother me much. And with a new expansion pack to play
>with, it's good incentive to do a little housekeeping in my downloads
>anyway.

I saw on TSR they have and outer space theme. I want that!! Might make
a new neighbourhood with a clean download folder for it.

My current neighbourhood has a mock Tudor theme to it like (like one of
the Maxis default ones)

joyplayer wrote:
> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
>
>>The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
>>Nightlife!
>>
>>My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
>>the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
>>at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
>>irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
>>LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
>>houses :)
>>
>>What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
>>it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
>>you're gonna do when you get it? :)
>>
>>Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
>>Vampire Zombie!
>>--
>>

>>I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
>>beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>

> Oh yes, I am very excited! I may even go downtown if I can drive there.
> LOL Waiting on that darn taxi
> was the pits! I'll probably get my computer ready, then just do a clean
> install. LOL I get bored quickly with
> the sims I make so it's no biggie if I just start from scratch again.
>
> Actually though it's 3 weeks and 3 days here in the USA. I know you say
> differently but it ain't so. LOL
>
> Joy

You know, I'm not that enthusiastic about having my sims drive their own
cars. If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school once
they've missed the bus because they were busy jumping on the bed, that
would be nice. But I doubt that's going to happen. I kind of like the
car pool and watching the cars change and the sims go up in prestige at
work, and I really like that helicopter that picks up generals. <g>

Jeanie

>That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game files.
>I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one getting
>started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the Sydney
>Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of time
>recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but we have
>some nice gothic and classical buildings.

Any worse then download loads of lots from TSR then changing them all
to look like mock Tudor houses?! (Ignoring the pagoda this is. I'm
pretty sure they didn't have pagodas in Tudor times!)

I'm currently dreaming up an outdoor dorm with fancy curved roofs.
And thinking of elaborate discos for Nightlife.

Meanwhile I've been changing all the NPCs and making an all girls
dorm (via a hack) and currently working on an all boys dorm. The
boy's dorm looks a bit to clean though!! Need to mess it up a bit and
maybe change the café into a MacDonalds!

That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game files.
I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one getting
started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the Sydney
Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of time
recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but we have
some nice gothic and classical buildings.

Best wishes
maxon

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> I probably spend more time "fiddling" with the game then actually
> playing. Was reading the guides on how to make Pagodas and curved roofs
> last night. So, now I want to change all my lots to have one!
>
> Also, started to look at how to make custom meshes.

I've just ordered it from play.com - £14.99 plus free postage for us UK
people.

Damn - I was going to wait. I'll blame you then.

Best wishes
maxon

> The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
> Nightlife!
>
> My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
> the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
> at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
> irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
> LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
> houses :)
>
> What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
> it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
> you're gonna do when you get it? :)
>
> Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
> Vampire Zombie!

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 02:44:36 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Doesn't it frustrate you people to spend time making and raising sims
>only to ditch them with a new ex pack comes along? Seems like waste of
>time to me.

Why yes it does! LOL... it's just that from time to time I seem to
screw up my game. Hating that.
--

On 23 Aug 2005 00:51:59 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Gosh, and I thought I was excited lol

I have raised the bar <g>
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:47:08 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school once

I've never heard of that disease.
--

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>> Doesn't it frustrate you people to spend time making and raising sims
>> only to ditch them with a new ex pack comes along? Seems like waste
>> of time to me.
>>
> But that's what this game amounts to, really. A wonderful way to
> waste time. LOL
>
> I can't speak for others, only for myself. But after a while,
> everything gets very repetitious. Grow up, go to school, go to
> college, get a job, get laid, get skills, get married, have babies.
> Repeat. Only the names and skintones really change. Unless you create
> sims with really bizarre personalities, the gameplay seldom changes.
> After a couple of generations in one neighborhood, family trees don't
> fork much anymore unless you keep creating new sims or marry ugly
> townies for new depth in your gene pool.
>
> I love to build houses and then see how well they play within the
> game. But after a while, neighborhoods get full. I can always package
> and save spectacular lots that work, but then the sims families I
> create can't afford to move into them. I usually put families on
> empty lots, then motherlode them and build around them.
>
> Occasionally I get inspired to create theme areas in neighborhoods,
> like the Bombay area or the fairy village or the alien houses, and
> sometimes I play out stories just to sit and watch what happens. But
> starting over doesn't bother me much. And with a new expansion pack
> to play with, it's good incentive to do a little housekeeping in my
> downloads anyway.
>
> Jeanie

I agree! Jeanie, you've inspired me to do some different things, I was
getting bored. LOL
As long as there are people like you, the game will stay fresh. :))

Joy

> joyplayer wrote:
>> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
>>
>>>The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
>>>Nightlife!
>>>
>>>My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
>>>the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets
>>>they're
>>>at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I
>>>shouldnt
>>>irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
>>>LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
>>>houses :)
>>>
>>>What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to
>>>get
>>>it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
>>>you're gonna do when you get it? :)
>>>
>>>Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
>>>Vampire Zombie!
>>>--
>>>

>>>I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
>>>beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>>

>> Oh yes, I am very excited! I may even go downtown if I can drive
>> there. LOL Waiting on that darn taxi
>> was the pits! I'll probably get my computer ready, then just do a
>> clean install. LOL I get bored quickly with
>> the sims I make so it's no biggie if I just start from scratch again.
>>
>> Actually though it's 3 weeks and 3 days here in the USA. I know you
>> say differently but it ain't so. LOL
>>
>> Joy
> You know, I'm not that enthusiastic about having my sims drive their
> own cars. If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school
> once they've missed the bus because they were busy jumping on the bed,
> that would be nice. But I doubt that's going to happen. I kind of
> like the car pool and watching the cars change and the sims go up in
> prestige at work, and I really like that helicopter that picks up
> generals. <g>
>
> Jeanie

Oh, I agree about that helicopter. The first time I heard it, I actually
got up and went to
look out the window. LOL It was loud!!

Joy

Maxon wrote:
> That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game files.
> I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one getting
> started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the Sydney
> Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of time
> recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but we have
> some nice gothic and classical buildings.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Have you seen the Sydney Opera House that's at TSR? It's awesome.
Search for it in community lots, using "opera house" as your search
criteria. Amazing stuff.

Jeanie

> Maxon wrote:
>> That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game
>> files.
>> I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one
>> getting
>> started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the
>> Sydney
>> Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of
>> time
>> recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but
>> we have
>> some nice gothic and classical buildings.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> maxon
>>
> Have you seen the Sydney Opera House that's at TSR? It's awesome.
> Search for it in community lots, using "opera house" as your search
> criteria. Amazing stuff.
>
> Jeanie

Thanks Jeanie, I haven't seen it.

Joy

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:47:08 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school once
>

> I've never heard of that disease.
> --

Having raised four kids, I have to say it's rather rampant about this
time of year as a rule. <g>

Jeanie

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:56:50 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>I've just ordered it from play.com - £14.99 plus free postage for us UK
>people.
>
>Damn - I was going to wait. I'll blame you then.

S'ok, most of the people on this group do :p hehe
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:33:58 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>>>If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school once
>>

>> I've never heard of that disease.
>> --
>
>Having raised four kids, I have to say it's rather rampant about this
>time of year as a rule. <g>

How in the heck do you pronounce it, and what does it mean? Reluctant?
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo