THREE WEEKS

Last response: in Video Games
August 22, 2005 8:12:48 PM

The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
Nightlife!

My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
houses :-)

What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
you're gonna do when you get it? :-)

Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
Vampire Zombie!
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

More about : weeks

Anonymous
August 22, 2005 8:12:49 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
> Nightlife!
>
> My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
> the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
> at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
> irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
> LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
> houses :-)

Who knows what I'll do, besides continous breeding... I'm a little
dishartened that Whitney keeps having pink babies. Little Doey had her
father's eyes, but that's the only sign in any of the three that daddy
is an alien.

> What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
> it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
> you're gonna do when you get it? :-)

Figure out how to add garages, although I may not bother with cars.

-georg
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 8:12:49 PM

>What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife?

Has it been raining all day?!! ^_^

>When do you expect to get it in your country?

A few days after the US. Getting it the very weekend its out.

>Doing anything to prepare?

Making sims to replace all the ugly Maxis default ones.

>What's the first thing you're gonna do when you get it? :-)

Take my sims to the disco and then go bowling! Watching the darlings
dance is the funniest thing ever!!!

>Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
>Vampire Zombie!

Hay haven't done any of that. Wander what the other expansions will
have? Mummified werewolf alien vampire zombie maybe!?!
August 22, 2005 8:12:49 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
> Nightlife!
>
> My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
> the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
> at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
> irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
> LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
> houses :-)
>
> What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
> it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
> you're gonna do when you get it? :-)
>
> Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
> Vampire Zombie!
> --

I'll be getting it soon after it comes out. I might be on a short
vacation on the actual date of release, don't know yet.

I plan to check out the new objects and will probably reset all my
neighborhoods back to factory release so I can take the sims out on the
town. I'll build some restaurants and dance halls. I doubt if I will
ever play with vampires (like I avoid zombies in the current game -- not
my cup of tea) but I'm interested in the new objects.

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 8:12:49 PM

news:D 2njg1hlo07344ac18vr5d9rnd4daa4opj@4ax.com...
> The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
> Nightlife!
>
> My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
> the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
> at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
> irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
> LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
> houses :-)
>
> What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
> it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
> you're gonna do when you get it? :-)
>
> Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
> Vampire Zombie!
> --
>

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
> beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

Oh yes, I am very excited! I may even go downtown if I can drive there.
LOL Waiting on that darn taxi
was the pits! I'll probably get my computer ready, then just do a clean
install. LOL I get bored quickly with
the sims I make so it's no biggie if I just start from scratch again.

Actually though it's 3 weeks and 3 days here in the USA. I know you say
differently but it ain't so. LOL

Joy
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 8:50:48 PM

On 22 Aug 2005 07:31:42 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
wrote:

>Has it been raining all day?!! ^_^

LOL... yep :-\

>Hay haven't done any of that. Wander what the other expansions will
>have? Mummified werewolf alien vampire zombie maybe!?!

Oooh! Yes please!
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 22, 2005 10:16:29 PM

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 15:23:49 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>I plan to check out the new objects and will probably reset all my
>neighborhoods back to factory release so I can take the sims out on the

Is there a way to do that without reinstalling? Though... I've messed
so much with mine, I probably *should* reinstall.

>town. I'll build some restaurants and dance halls. I doubt if I will
>ever play with vampires (like I avoid zombies in the current game -- not
>my cup of tea) but I'm interested in the new objects.

Hehe, I have some mad scientists who relish in doing stuff like
that...
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 4:51:59 AM

Gosh, and I thought I was excited lol

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 6:41:00 AM

>>Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>> Doesn't it frustrate you people to spend time making and raising sims
>>only to ditch them with a new ex pack comes along? Seems like waste of
>>time to me.

>But that's what this game amounts to, really. A wonderful way to waste
>time. LOL

There's no way I'm ditching my neighbourhood. I did it once and
missed all the old relationships. I want to take all my existing Sims
out partying!!

I'm pretty sure the clever bods and MTS2 will get all the custom
content working. It should be less painless this time, as people know
much more about the game now. (That's assuming EA doesn't brake it
all with some nasty "fix")

Worse comes to the worse I'll play with the original Pleasant Ville. I
can have fun totally screwing up Maxis stores all over again.

*Starts evil thoughts of what will happen to Don*

>I can't speak for others, only for myself. But after a while,
>everything gets very repetitious. Grow up, go to school, go to college,
>get a job, get laid, get skills, get married, have babies. Repeat.
>Only the names and skintones really change. Unless you create sims with
>really bizarre personalities, the gameplay seldom changes. After a
>couple of generations in one neighborhood, family trees don't fork much
>anymore unless you keep creating new sims or marry ugly townies for new
>depth in your gene pool.

I probably spend more time "fiddling" with the game then actually
playing. Was reading the guides on how to make Pagodas and curved roofs
last night. So, now I want to change all my lots to have one!

Also, started to look at how to make custom meshes.

There's still a ton of stuff I haven't done. Like graduate a Sim
from uni! I found uni a bit of a chore not enough time to party and get
la..... Er well the things most people really do at uni.

>I love to build houses and then see how well they play within the game.
>But after a while, neighborhoods get full. I can always package and
>save spectacular lots that work, but then the sims families I create
>can't afford to move into them. I usually put families on empty lots,
>then motherlode them and build around them.

I tend to build new houses or families and play with them. Old families
often get forgotten about.

>Occasionally I get inspired to create theme areas in neighborhoods, like
>the Bombay area or the fairy village or the alien houses, and sometimes
>I play out stories just to sit and watch what happens. But starting
>over doesn't bother me much. And with a new expansion pack to play
>with, it's good incentive to do a little housekeeping in my downloads
>anyway.

I saw on TSR they have and outer space theme. I want that!! Might make
a new neighbourhood with a clean download folder for it.

My current neighbourhood has a mock Tudor theme to it like (like one of
the Maxis default ones)
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 6:44:36 AM

Doesn't it frustrate you people to spend time making and raising sims
only to ditch them with a new ex pack comes along? Seems like waste of
time to me.

--
--Cuth
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 9:43:12 AM

Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
> Doesn't it frustrate you people to spend time making and raising sims
> only to ditch them with a new ex pack comes along? Seems like waste of
> time to me.

But that's what this game amounts to, really. A wonderful way to waste
time. LOL

I can't speak for others, only for myself. But after a while,
everything gets very repetitious. Grow up, go to school, go to college,
get a job, get laid, get skills, get married, have babies. Repeat.
Only the names and skintones really change. Unless you create sims with
really bizarre personalities, the gameplay seldom changes. After a
couple of generations in one neighborhood, family trees don't fork much
anymore unless you keep creating new sims or marry ugly townies for new
depth in your gene pool.

I love to build houses and then see how well they play within the game.
But after a while, neighborhoods get full. I can always package and
save spectacular lots that work, but then the sims families I create
can't afford to move into them. I usually put families on empty lots,
then motherlode them and build around them.

Occasionally I get inspired to create theme areas in neighborhoods, like
the Bombay area or the fairy village or the alien houses, and sometimes
I play out stories just to sit and watch what happens. But starting
over doesn't bother me much. And with a new expansion pack to play
with, it's good incentive to do a little housekeeping in my downloads
anyway.

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 9:47:08 AM

joyplayer wrote:
> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
> news:D 2njg1hlo07344ac18vr5d9rnd4daa4opj@4ax.com...
>
>>The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
>>Nightlife!
>>
>>My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
>>the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
>>at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
>>irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
>>LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
>>houses :-)
>>
>>What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
>>it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
>>you're gonna do when you get it? :-)
>>
>>Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
>>Vampire Zombie!
>>--
>>

>>I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
>>beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>

> Oh yes, I am very excited! I may even go downtown if I can drive there.
> LOL Waiting on that darn taxi
> was the pits! I'll probably get my computer ready, then just do a clean
> install. LOL I get bored quickly with
> the sims I make so it's no biggie if I just start from scratch again.
>
> Actually though it's 3 weeks and 3 days here in the USA. I know you say
> differently but it ain't so. LOL
>
> Joy

You know, I'm not that enthusiastic about having my sims drive their own
cars. If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school once
they've missed the bus because they were busy jumping on the bed, that
would be nice. But I doubt that's going to happen. I kind of like the
car pool and watching the cars change and the sims go up in prestige at
work, and I really like that helicopter that picks up generals. <g>

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:02:12 AM

>That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game files.
>I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one getting
>started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the Sydney
>Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of time
>recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but we have
>some nice gothic and classical buildings.

Any worse then download loads of lots from TSR then changing them all
to look like mock Tudor houses?! (Ignoring the pagoda this is. I'm
pretty sure they didn't have pagodas in Tudor times!)

I'm currently dreaming up an outdoor dorm with fancy curved roofs.
And thinking of elaborate discos for Nightlife.

Meanwhile I've been changing all the NPCs and making an all girls
dorm (via a hack) and currently working on an all boys dorm. The
boy's dorm looks a bit to clean though!! Need to mess it up a bit and
maybe change the café into a MacDonalds!
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 3:52:13 PM

That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game files.
I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one getting
started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the Sydney
Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of time
recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but we have
some nice gothic and classical buildings.

Best wishes
maxon

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> I probably spend more time "fiddling" with the game then actually
> playing. Was reading the guides on how to make Pagodas and curved roofs
> last night. So, now I want to change all my lots to have one!
>
> Also, started to look at how to make custom meshes.
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 3:56:50 PM

I've just ordered it from play.com - £14.99 plus free postage for us UK
people.

Damn - I was going to wait. I'll blame you then.

Best wishes
maxon

news:D 2njg1hlo07344ac18vr5d9rnd4daa4opj@4ax.com...
> The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
> Nightlife!
>
> My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
> the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
> at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
> irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
> LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
> houses :-)
>
> What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
> it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
> you're gonna do when you get it? :-)
>
> Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
> Vampire Zombie!
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 5:03:44 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 02:44:36 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Doesn't it frustrate you people to spend time making and raising sims
>only to ditch them with a new ex pack comes along? Seems like waste of
>time to me.

Why yes it does! LOL... it's just that from time to time I seem to
screw up my game. Hating that.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 5:04:37 PM

On 23 Aug 2005 00:51:59 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Gosh, and I thought I was excited lol

I have raised the bar <g>
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 5:05:18 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:47:08 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school once

I've never heard of that disease.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 5:27:06 PM

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Cuthbert Gurdlestone wrote:
>> Doesn't it frustrate you people to spend time making and raising sims
>> only to ditch them with a new ex pack comes along? Seems like waste
>> of time to me.
>>
> But that's what this game amounts to, really. A wonderful way to
> waste time. LOL
>
> I can't speak for others, only for myself. But after a while,
> everything gets very repetitious. Grow up, go to school, go to
> college, get a job, get laid, get skills, get married, have babies.
> Repeat. Only the names and skintones really change. Unless you create
> sims with really bizarre personalities, the gameplay seldom changes.
> After a couple of generations in one neighborhood, family trees don't
> fork much anymore unless you keep creating new sims or marry ugly
> townies for new depth in your gene pool.
>
> I love to build houses and then see how well they play within the
> game. But after a while, neighborhoods get full. I can always package
> and save spectacular lots that work, but then the sims families I
> create can't afford to move into them. I usually put families on
> empty lots, then motherlode them and build around them.
>
> Occasionally I get inspired to create theme areas in neighborhoods,
> like the Bombay area or the fairy village or the alien houses, and
> sometimes I play out stories just to sit and watch what happens. But
> starting over doesn't bother me much. And with a new expansion pack
> to play with, it's good incentive to do a little housekeeping in my
> downloads anyway.
>
> Jeanie

I agree! Jeanie, you've inspired me to do some different things, I was
getting bored. LOL
As long as there are people like you, the game will stay fresh. :) )

Joy
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 5:32:54 PM

> joyplayer wrote:
>> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
>> news:D 2njg1hlo07344ac18vr5d9rnd4daa4opj@4ax.com...
>>
>>>The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
>>>Nightlife!
>>>
>>>My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
>>>the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets
>>>they're
>>>at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I
>>>shouldnt
>>>irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
>>>LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
>>>houses :-)
>>>
>>>What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to
>>>get
>>>it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
>>>you're gonna do when you get it? :-)
>>>
>>>Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
>>>Vampire Zombie!
>>>--
>>>

>>>I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
>>>beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>>

>> Oh yes, I am very excited! I may even go downtown if I can drive
>> there. LOL Waiting on that darn taxi
>> was the pits! I'll probably get my computer ready, then just do a
>> clean install. LOL I get bored quickly with
>> the sims I make so it's no biggie if I just start from scratch again.
>>
>> Actually though it's 3 weeks and 3 days here in the USA. I know you
>> say differently but it ain't so. LOL
>>
>> Joy
> You know, I'm not that enthusiastic about having my sims drive their
> own cars. If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school
> once they've missed the bus because they were busy jumping on the bed,
> that would be nice. But I doubt that's going to happen. I kind of
> like the car pool and watching the cars change and the sims go up in
> prestige at work, and I really like that helicopter that picks up
> generals. <g>
>
> Jeanie

Oh, I agree about that helicopter. The first time I heard it, I actually
got up and went to
look out the window. LOL It was loud!!

Joy
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 7:31:50 PM

Maxon wrote:
> That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game files.
> I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one getting
> started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the Sydney
> Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of time
> recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but we have
> some nice gothic and classical buildings.
>
> Best wishes
> maxon

Have you seen the Sydney Opera House that's at TSR? It's awesome.
Search for it in community lots, using "opera house" as your search
criteria. Amazing stuff.

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 7:31:51 PM

> Maxon wrote:
>> That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game
>> files.
>> I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one
>> getting
>> started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the
>> Sydney
>> Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of
>> time
>> recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but
>> we have
>> some nice gothic and classical buildings.
>>
>> Best wishes
>> maxon
>>
> Have you seen the Sydney Opera House that's at TSR? It's awesome.
> Search for it in community lots, using "opera house" as your search
> criteria. Amazing stuff.
>
> Jeanie

Thanks Jeanie, I haven't seen it.

Joy
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 7:33:58 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 05:47:08 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school once
>

> I've never heard of that disease.
> --

Having raised four kids, I have to say it's rather rampant about this
time of year as a rule. <g>

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 9:37:19 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 11:56:50 GMT, "Maxon"
<jen.magson@NOSPAMntlworld.com> wrote:

>I've just ordered it from play.com - £14.99 plus free postage for us UK
>people.
>
>Damn - I was going to wait. I'll blame you then.

S'ok, most of the people on this group do :-P hehe
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 9:59:45 PM

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 15:33:58 GMT, Jeanie <taureanmoon@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>>>If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school once
>>

>> I've never heard of that disease.
>> --
>
>Having raised four kids, I have to say it's rather rampant about this
>time of year as a rule. <g>

How in the heck do you pronounce it, and what does it mean? Reluctant?
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 9:59:46 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>>>I've never heard of that disease.
>>>--
>>
>>Having raised four kids, I have to say it's rather rampant about this
>>time of year as a rule. <g>
>

> How in the heck do you pronounce it, and what does it mean? Reluctant?
> --

One of my favorite sites: http://www.onelook.com
"marked by stubborn resistance to and defiant of authority or guidance"

Think of the toddler lying on the floor screaming about abuse when all
you are trying to do is put a coat on him and get him out the door.

-georg
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 9:59:47 PM

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:

>>>Having raised four kids, I have to say it's rather rampant about this
>>>time of year as a rule. <g>
>>

>> How in the heck do you pronounce it, and what does it mean?
>> Reluctant?
>> --
>
> One of my favorite sites: http://www.onelook.com
> "marked by stubborn resistance to and defiant of authority or
> guidance"
>
> Think of the toddler lying on the floor screaming about abuse when all
> you are trying to do is put a coat on him and get him out the door.
>
> -georg

Thanks georg, that is a great site!! I have it as a shortcut now.

Joy
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:03:12 PM

Indeed. I am pondering restarting Pleasantview simply because I think
I let Cass Goth and Brandi Broke go a little overboard with their
babymaking. And some of my messing with SimPE to get Bella back. I've
got a cute, pink Bella-ghost floating around Alexander and Meadow
Goth's house (a clone of the Sims 1 Goth house).

(I deleted the 'I am Dead' token in SimPE, and added relationships
between her and her family, used the teleport shrub to move her into
Alexander's home, then used boolprop to kill her from fright (seemed
reasonable, after being locked up by aliens for so long) after she had
a chance to cuddle her grandson Julius. Meadow tried to plead with
Grim, but to no avail. I then used the Paranormal career reward to
resurrect Mortimer, just long enough for him to be scared by Bella's
ghost - I have a great shot of that - and sent him back to the land of
the hula dancers). Sadly, Julius wanted to resurrect Bella, but
despite having the 'met Bella' memory from being cuddled by her, Grim
thinks that he doesn't know anyone who's died. Poor kid. He's pretty
upset about the (2nd) death of Mortimer, too.

But, but, some of my best CAS sims are in there. The Riff-Raffs, the
Pips', the Mills'. Waah. And it's apparently a BAD IDEA to move sims
from one neighbourhood to another....

Hang on, I made a back up of the neighbourhood before doing the Bella
restoration. *ponders*

Oh well. If the game doesn't implode when I install NL, I'll keep
going. Just no family sims for a while.

~*~
vecki
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:44:18 PM

>>Occasionally I get inspired to create theme areas in neighborhoods,
>>like the Bombay area or the fairy village or the alien houses, and
>>sometimes I play out stories just to sit and watch what happens. But
>>starting over doesn't bother me much. And with a new expansion pack
>>to play with, it's good incentive to do a little housekeeping in my
>>downloads anyway.
>>
>>Jeanie
>

> I agree! Jeanie, you've inspired me to do some different things, I was
> getting bored. LOL
> As long as there are people like you, the game will stay fresh. :) )
>
> Joy

Oh, goodie! It's nice to know I'm good for something. LOL

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 23, 2005 10:56:15 PM

>That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game files.
>I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one getting
>started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the
>Sydney
>Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of time
>recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but we
>have
>some nice gothic and classical buildings.

Any worse then download loads of lots from TSR then changing them all
to look like mock Tudor houses

Yes! Taking a perfectly happy 1970s style house and adding Tudor doors and
windows!
Like round here! Agh!
Hate it!
Like to chase double-glazing salesmen with a meat-axe. Some of their samples
should have been left in their cars.

A-hem. As you were.

I suppose you could build a whole Sim neighbourhood in vulgar style. I agree
so much about horrid victorian style black and white look Tudor as suburbian
residential. Now the old, grey, bleached wood look.. Ah... Now you are
talking.
But not stuck on a modern style house.
Grrrr. Snap!

August 24, 2005 2:08:14 AM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On 23 Aug 2005 18:03:12 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:
> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

That wouldn't happen to be one of my stupid little flmigos,would it?
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 6:56:18 AM

>>That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game files.
>>I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one getting
>>started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the
>>Sydney
>>Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of time
>>recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but we
>>have some nice gothic and classical buildings.

>Any worse then download loads of lots from TSR then changing them all
>to look like mock Tudor houses

>Yes! Taking a perfectly happy 1970s style house and adding Tudor doors and
>windows!
>Like round here! Agh!
>Hate it!
>Like to chase double-glazing salesmen with a meat-axe. Some of their samples
>should have been left in their cars.

>A-hem. As you were.

>I suppose you could build a whole Sim neighbourhood in vulgar style. I agree
>so much about horrid victorian style black and white look Tudor as suburbian
>residential. Now the old, grey, bleached wood look.. Ah... Now you are
>talking.
>But not stuck on a modern style house.
>Grrrr. Snap!

Woooooo calm down there!!!

It's not like I'm a big fan of the style just I think it looks very
nice in the neighbourhood view when all the buildings match. I was
going to have a Tudor, modern and South American area in my
neighbourhood. But I've only got round to doing the Tudor area.

I'm tempted to make an art deco area for Nightlife. Now that's a
style I really do like.
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 7:16:01 AM

On 23 Aug 2005 18:03:12 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Indeed. I am pondering restarting Pleasantview simply because I think
>I let Cass Goth and Brandi Broke go a little overboard with their

Oh no, I can't even *play* normal maps... too space inefficient! I can
never squeeze enough sims in! Nope, I've got my own map, with roads
filling the whole thing, and I've edited the camera to allow me to see
the whole thing, edges including... I call it, SIMTROPOLIS! LOL

Right now it's in a sorry state though... that is to say, nonexistant,
because I deleted everything to prepare for Nightlife. I like starting
ove, with each new EP. Mostly because I have so much custom content it
screws it up completely. But also because I hate redoing everything...
garages, cars.. and I have my own 'rule set' for certain things. Maybe
I'm obsessive, I don't know, I just like the idea of my sims having
'their own lives' and lifestyles. I don't want to decide too much and
have to be too creative. I'm an industrial simmer :-)
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 1:46:21 PM

Ah - another dictionary. Good.

You can never have too many.

Best wishes
maxon

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> >>Having raised four kids, I have to say it's rather rampant about this
> >>time of year as a rule. <g>
> >

> > How in the heck do you pronounce it, and what does it mean? Reluctant?
> > --
>
> One of my favorite sites: http://www.onelook.com
> "marked by stubborn resistance to and defiant of authority or guidance"
>
> Think of the toddler lying on the floor screaming about abuse when all
> you are trying to do is put a coat on him and get him out the door.
>
> -georg
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 4:07:59 PM

On 23 Aug 2005 22:08:14 -0700, "gnohmon" <gnohmon@panix.com> wrote:

>Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> On 23 Aug 2005 18:03:12 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>
>That wouldn't happen to be one of my stupid little flmigos,would it?

Lemme borrow it for a few days... if the police ask, I needed it
for... eh... hippo hunting.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 5:08:54 PM

gnohmon wrote:
> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>
>>On 23 Aug 2005 18:03:12 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>

> That wouldn't happen to be one of my stupid little flmigos,would it?

I am a big fan of your flamingos.

-georg
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 6:51:37 PM

"gnohmon" <gnohmon@panix.com> wrote in message

> Guardian Pegasus wrote:
>> On 23 Aug 2005 18:03:12 -0700, "vecki" <vecsta02@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
>> beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>
> That wouldn't happen to be one of my stupid little flmigos,would it?

Hey gnohmon!! I've been wondering about you!! Glad to see you post
again, I've missed you.
Where have you been?

Joy
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 8:03:38 PM

> It's not like I'm a big fan of the style just I think it looks very
> nice in the neighbourhood view when all the buildings match. I was
> going to have a Tudor, modern and South American area in my
> neighbourhood. But I've only got round to doing the Tudor area.
>
> I'm tempted to make an art deco area for Nightlife. Now that's a
> style I really do like.

I notice that I build a lot of craftsman bungalows. I live in one and
they are so easy to build and look so homey. MTS2 has a lot of mission
style furniture and it goes so well in those houses.

Jeanie
Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:27:44 PM

joyplayer wrote:
> Hey gnohmon!! I've been wondering about you!! Glad to see you post
> again, I've missed you.
> Where have you been?

I haven't started the game up since May, at least. Got simmed out.

Sorry about that.
Anonymous
August 27, 2005 11:27:35 AM

gnohmon wrote:
> joyplayer wrote:
>
>>Hey gnohmon!! I've been wondering about you!! Glad to see you post
>>again, I've missed you.
>>Where have you been?
>

> I haven't started the game up since May, at least. Got simmed out.
>
> Sorry about that.

Never apologize for burnout. That's understandable. I have burnedout on
games before.

I'm very happy to see you here, as a huge flamingo fan. I am curious to
know if the flamingos need to be updated, and if so, where will you post
them, now that there is no more Living-it-up net. Meanwhile I have
burned copies to CD to keep.

-georg
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 12:02:24 AM

That's what I like to do! Keep the neighborhood sort of organized by style.
An Italian style villa section. The modern art deco section. The
fabulously wealth enormous mansion section. The trailer trash section and
so on..

BD

>>>That's what I do most of the time I think - fiddling with the game files.
>>>I'm doing the curved roofs too - I have a really ambitious one getting
>>>started based on a real building in Australia (not, I should say, the
>>>Sydney
>>>Opera House but a library in a university). I've also spent a lot of
>>>time
>>>recreating my own university which I think is possibly a bit sad but we
>>>have some nice gothic and classical buildings.
>
>>Any worse then download loads of lots from TSR then changing them all
>>to look like mock Tudor houses
>
>>Yes! Taking a perfectly happy 1970s style house and adding Tudor doors and
>>windows!
>>Like round here! Agh!
>>Hate it!
>>Like to chase double-glazing salesmen with a meat-axe. Some of their
>>samples
>>should have been left in their cars.
>
>>A-hem. As you were.
>
>>I suppose you could build a whole Sim neighbourhood in vulgar style. I
>>agree
>>so much about horrid victorian style black and white look Tudor as
>>suburbian
>>residential. Now the old, grey, bleached wood look.. Ah... Now you are
>>talking.
>>But not stuck on a modern style house.
>>Grrrr. Snap!
>
> Woooooo calm down there!!!
>
> It's not like I'm a big fan of the style just I think it looks very
> nice in the neighbourhood view when all the buildings match. I was
> going to have a Tudor, modern and South American area in my
> neighbourhood. But I've only got round to doing the Tudor area.
>
> I'm tempted to make an art deco area for Nightlife. Now that's a
> style I really do like.

Anonymous
August 28, 2005 12:09:24 AM

Yes, I get a kick out of the sports car and limo and 'copter too!

You think that maybe they can ditch the cars and go back to the carpool once
they make the big time??

BD

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> joyplayer wrote:
>> "Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
>> news:D 2njg1hlo07344ac18vr5d9rnd4daa4opj@4ax.com...
>>
>>>The countdown continues! I'm freaking out! LOL... three weeks til
>>>Nightlife!
>>>
>>>My neighbourhood is back to square one! Deleted the whole thing, once
>>>the autolevel function had screwed up so many lots and streets they're
>>>at almost a 90 degree curve... it just looks stupid. I know I shouldnt
>>>irritate myself over such things, but it looks like I'm starting over
>>>LOL... so in the meantime, I'm gonna spend time building starter
>>>houses :-)
>>>
>>>What about ya'll? Are you getting nightlife? When do you expect to get
>>>it in your country? Doing anything to prepare? What's the first thing
>>>you're gonna do when you get it? :-)
>>>
>>>Me, I'm gonna make an alien vampire! And then zombify it! Alien
>>>Vampire Zombie!
>>>--
>>>

>>>I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
>>>him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
>>

>> Oh yes, I am very excited! I may even go downtown if I can drive there.
>> LOL Waiting on that darn taxi
>> was the pits! I'll probably get my computer ready, then just do a clean
>> install. LOL I get bored quickly with
>> the sims I make so it's no biggie if I just start from scratch again.
>>
>> Actually though it's 3 weeks and 3 days here in the USA. I know you say
>> differently but it ain't so. LOL
>>
>> Joy
> You know, I'm not that enthusiastic about having my sims drive their own
> cars. If it were possible to drive a recalcitrant child to school once
> they've missed the bus because they were busy jumping on the bed, that
> would be nice. But I doubt that's going to happen. I kind of like the
> car pool and watching the cars change and the sims go up in prestige at
> work, and I really like that helicopter that picks up generals. <g>
>
> Jeanie
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 7:44:09 AM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:02:24 -0500, "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote:

>That's what I like to do! Keep the neighborhood sort of organized by style.
>An Italian style villa section. The modern art deco section. The
>fabulously wealth enormous mansion section. The trailer trash section and
>so on..

Hehe, I started doing that too... I have sections: Hightech, roman,
spanish, old world, alien colont, castles, and a trailer park... LOL
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 28, 2005 7:46:27 AM

On Sat, 27 Aug 2005 20:09:24 -0500, "bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Yes, I get a kick out of the sports car and limo and 'copter too!
>
>You think that maybe they can ditch the cars and go back to the carpool once
>they make the big time??

Damn... it's too bad you can't buy the hummer, limo, helo etc. :-( And
yes, I'm sure of it. Just unassign the car your sim is assigned to and
the carpool will show up.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 31, 2005 10:28:26 PM

Georg wrote:
> gnohmon wrote:
> > joyplayer wrote:
> >
> >>Hey gnohmon!! I've been wondering about you!! Glad to see you post
> >>again, I've missed you.
> >>Where have you been?
> >
> > I haven't started the game up since May, at least. Got simmed out.
> >
> > Sorry about that.
> >

> Never apologize for burnout. That's understandable. I have burnedout on
> games before.

I've burned out on many a game, starting with CIV 1, way back in the
previous millenium. Sometimes I can get back into it after a year or
so.

> I'm very happy to see you here, as a huge flamingo fan. I am curious to
> know if the flamingos need to be updated, and if so, where will you post
> them, now that there is no more Living-it-up net. Meanwhile I have
> burned copies to CD to keep.

Those stupid little flamingoes, ppl love them so much! :-) So simple
compared to most of the things I did for sims1, but making recoded
objects for sims2 was so, so difficult compared to sims1, at least back
when I was doing it. From what I read, most of the work on simpe has
been for changing appearances, not for changing the code, so it's still
probably hard. Meanwhile, I never understood why other people were
creating objects you had to click on, when the algorithm for "do this
to all people every so often" was widely known (If you were really
scrupulous, you could even find an example of how to do it in the
mailbox code rather than copying it from somebody else's "hacked
object".)

The idea of having the flamingo of contentment for your Needs and the f
of whatever for your Aspiration bar, that was at least a bit more
sophisticated an idea than the f of ecstasy (I had already come up with
this idea for sims1, of course). In practice, I almost always used the
f of ecstasy and the f of "gold aspiration". (I already forget the
names of the objects!)

Note that you have to delete the flamingo of ecstasy before the
headmaster arrives, otherwise you won't get the food points added to
your score. That was an amusing problem with the object :-)

In sims1, where coding the objects was easy, I'd have made the flamingo
avoid changing the Food bar of headmaster NPCs. In sims2, it was such a
drag to work with it that I just never bothered; besides, I was already
80% simmed out by the time i made the flamingoes.

Pardon my rambling on so long.
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 2:05:05 AM

> Georg wrote:
>> gnohmon wrote:

>> > I haven't started the game up since May, at least. Got simmed out.
>> >
>> > Sorry about that.
>> >

>> Never apologize for burnout. That's understandable. I have burnedout
>> on
>> games before.
>
> I've burned out on many a game, starting with CIV 1, way back in the
> previous millenium. Sometimes I can get back into it after a year or
> so.
>
>> I'm very happy to see you here, as a huge flamingo fan. I am curious
>> know if the flamingos need to be updated, and if so, where will you
>> post
>> them, now that there is no more Living-it-up net. Meanwhile I have
>> burned copies to CD to keep.
>
> Those stupid little flamingoes, ppl love them so much! :-) So simple
> compared to most of the things I did for sims1, but making recoded
> objects for sims2 was so, so difficult compared to sims1, at least
> back
> when I was doing it. From what I read, most of the work on simpe has
> been for changing appearances, not for changing the code, so it's
> still
> probably hard. Meanwhile, I never understood why other people were
> creating objects you had to click on, when the algorithm for "do this
> to all people every so often" was widely known (If you were really
> scrupulous, you could even find an example of how to do it in the
> mailbox code rather than copying it from somebody else's "hacked
> object".)
>
> The idea of having the flamingo of contentment for your Needs and the
> of whatever for your Aspiration bar, that was at least a bit more
> sophisticated an idea than the f of ecstasy (I had already come up
> with
> this idea for sims1, of course). In practice, I almost always used
> the
> f of ecstasy and the f of "gold aspiration". (I already forget the
> names of the objects!)
>
> Note that you have to delete the flamingo of ecstasy before the
> headmaster arrives, otherwise you won't get the food points added to
> your score. That was an amusing problem with the object :-)
>
> In sims1, where coding the objects was easy, I'd have made the
> flamingo
> avoid changing the Food bar of headmaster NPCs. In sims2, it was such
> drag to work with it that I just never bothered; besides, I was
> already
> 80% simmed out by the time i made the flamingoes.
>
> Pardon my rambling on so long.

Hi gnohmon! I've missed you too.
That's what I always liked about you, your ramblings as you say, for
they were very helpful. :)
Anonymous
September 1, 2005 6:10:59 AM

gnohmon wrote:
> Georg wrote:
>
>>Never apologize for burnout. That's understandable. I have burnedout on
>>games before.
>

> I've burned out on many a game, starting with CIV 1, way back in the
> previous millenium. Sometimes I can get back into it after a year or
> so.

I've burned out on Eamon. :)  I do know. :)

> Those stupid little flamingoes, ppl love them so much!

Yes, and I've *always* loved them since I first saw them! /em waves more
pompoms for the flamingos, and then blushes and tucks them away.

Given that I felt a huge sense of accomplishment changing the mesh color
to get my silver framed yellow glasses like I normally wear in real
life, I sincerely think hacking is beyond my meager skills.

I do tend to prefer the gold aspiration and contentment myself- because
some challenge is still good, while I go ahead and plunge on with what I
want the blighters to get on with. :)

> The idea of having the flamingo of contentment for your Needs and the f
> of whatever for your Aspiration bar, that was at least a bit more
> sophisticated an idea than the f of ecstasy (I had already come up with
> this idea for sims1, of course). In practice, I almost always used the
> f of ecstasy and the f of "gold aspiration". (I already forget the
> names of the objects!)
>
> Note that you have to delete the flamingo of ecstasy before the
> headmaster arrives, otherwise you won't get the food points added to
> your score. That was an amusing problem with the object :-)

I did not know this. Perhaps that is why I never got into private
school. I just gave up after the third time or so, and let them go to
public school. It was good enough for me, it was good enough for the
sims. I will have to try that.

> In sims1, where coding the objects was easy, I'd have made the flamingo
> avoid changing the Food bar of headmaster NPCs. In sims2, it was such a
> drag to work with it that I just never bothered; besides, I was already
> 80% simmed out by the time i made the flamingoes.
>
> Pardon my rambling on so long.

Ramble on. I learned something. That's not wasted.

What are you playing now, if you don't mind me asking?

-georg
Anonymous
September 13, 2005 12:52:51 AM

Georg wrote:
> I've burned out on Eamon. :)  I do know. :)

I remember Eamon, so there, nyaah nyaah!

> I do tend to prefer the gold aspiration and contentment myself- because
> some challenge is still good, while I go ahead and plunge on with what I
> want the blighters to get on with. :)

Because of this thread, I fired up the Sims for the first time in a
long time. Cloned the happy table and made an end table of contentment,
sims1 tools are such a joy to work with! I also made a door for
Downtown that only you and your date can use. (You can imagine what
it's for :-)

> Ramble on. I learned something. That's not wasted.
>
> What are you playing now, if you don't mind me asking?

This and that. Got tired of homm3 after a couple of months, and before
that, I just went through a lot of games, sort of in rotation, Alpha
Centauri, Deadlock, RCT Deluxe (I'm halfway through corkscrew follies,
love the Flying Coaster. You can go platform, corkscrew, one piece of
chain while upside-down, finish the corkscrew, and be going 29MPH at
platform level with no stupid 5mph lift hill! (This could also be done
with steel corkscrew 8-car train, the platform pushes the train out so
it falls through the corkscrew, and if you have the "half-loop" track
available, what fun you can have with no lift hill!)).

And for the last few days I've been playing some Sims. I have 3
installs of sims1 (one with just the original, no EPs, mostly used for
testing objects -- the game starts up in just a few seconds; one with
HD, starts fairly quickly, can test more objects; one with everything).
And I do think that Sims1 with all the EPs is better and more
interesting than Sims2 with no EPs.

Even so, after a couple of dozen Sim-days or a couple of realtime days
you get to the impasse -- nothing meaningful to do with that Sim
(except perhaps playing in bed with every other Sim in the game, but
that gets boring as well -- it's a goal I've never accomplished). Once
you have all the skills and learn all the spells and get gobs of money,
nothing left to do. I've tried and tried to think of an object that
would give advanced Sims something to do. GnoGnomon didn't quite do it,
it adds just a Sim-day or two to the interest of the game.

Baseball would be good, a huge project and I couldn't do the animations
at all; you'd give the Sims hidden abilities so that one would be a
great shortstop, another an outfielder, the human player could choose
up the teams and watch the game to see who wins. It would be bigger
than the average sims1 EP.

Sims2 has instead the generational thing that can keep you going for a
while; but if you don't murder your Sims2 Sims (by denying them the
Elixir they could so easily afford), the neighborhood fills up and
becomes unplayable -- Plato was right about that. And after a while,
bearing and raising new Sims also gets boring.

If Sims can drive, can they also crash? Back into the driveway and
smash the dollhouse? Knock down a tree that falls and smashes the roof?
Run down the papergirl? Why can't two Sims pick up a sofa and move it
to a different place? (Why can't kid Sims put the dollhouse in the
driveway?) Why can't Sims *walk* next door to visit the neighbors?

Most important, would any of these things make the game interesting for
longer?
!