$2000 enthusiast build

TommyV

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010
Forgive me if I didn't post this in the right area. I thought about it for two days and this seemed like the right place to post :/

In the $2000 enthusiast build they use 2 A-data 64g Sata II's, this really confuses me since the Corsair Sata III's are the same price. Is there a reason why the Sata II is used instead of Sata III?

My knowledge of SSD is quite limited. I don't own an SSD right now, but plan on ordering one this friday.

Big thanks for anyone who can sort this out for me, it is just one of those things that will drive a dude crazy.

TommyV

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2010

I messed up, it was a crucial and not a Corsair.
Here is the 64g Sata III Crucial for $120
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820148441

I am just not understanding why they used Sata II, instead of Sata III in raid 0 which is the same price.

I just had a second look at the Adata, and it writes at over twice the speed as the Crucial, but reads at almost half the speed of the Crucial heh, man that just seems weird to me.

Crucial 64g Sata III Read: 415 Write: 95
A-data 64g Sata II Read: 280 Write: 270

I guess they went with the A-data for the faster write speed :??:

tecmo34

Administrator

It seems like a reasonable conclusion on the faster write speeds over the Crucial drives. I personally would still go with a single SATA III drive (OCZ Vertex 3 Max IOPS for example) over the RAID setup.