I5 build around $600, ordering tonight!

try2catchmike

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Tonight

BUDGET RANGE: $500-$600

SYSTEM USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:Gaming, Internet

PARTS NOT REQUIRED: Mouse, Monitor, Case (Antec 300 Illusion), DVD Drive, PS (Corsair 750watt), Hard Drive (1Tb)

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: newegg.com whatever else is good. Anything without tax to CA is good :)

PARTS PREFERENCES: I5 all the way with ATI Graphics card they seem to be best for the buck.

OVERCLOCKING: Yes

SLI OR CROSSFIRE: In the future.

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1440x900 will be going to Full HD monitor soon.

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: nothing specific.

I already have already selected these parts from Circuitcity.com the reason I selected them is because 15% bing cashback and $20 off 200 paypal order so this will save me about $80.

The items are

Core i5 750

XFX 4890

After cashback and the paypal rebate these will cost around $327 with free shipping and no tax to CA.

Now I just need some RAM, Good Motherboard that will support XFire and some OC and a cheapo keyboard and im ready to buy this thing tonight. Thanks for your help and suggestions.

Thanks,
-Mike

psyco_kitty

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009

try2catchmike

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
Here is what I ended up with. Did not buy it all from newegg though some of it I have bought over the past month through various deals with the exception of the I5 and Mobo. I was waiting to see if I would be going AMD or not.

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/MySavedWishDetail.aspx?ID=16185747

How does it look? I think it should last me until the next generation of consoles come out and developers make the next big jump in graphics. Maybe I will add another 4890 down the road thats about it.

-Mike

try2catchmike

Distinguished
Aug 3, 2009
I have the case, power supply and drive atm and one thing I wish I had done differently was get a bigger case. I like the 300 but looking at it now its gonna be a tight squeeze with 2 GPU's I might end up having to upgrade the case in the future if I go XFire.