Low 3D Mark Vantage Score! Choppy Performance! Hardware Problem?

Xear

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2011
Hello im new to this community,

first i have to say i am really sorry if i have posted this in the wrong section. I was wondering a long time about my pc and its faulty performance.
Many games are stuttering, even with high frames the gaming experience is just choppy and not smooth. Well, today i decided to take a benchmark of my system, and guess what? I only got like 21k points..... with my system i should easily get above 30k, even more. I mean ***? We are talking about 10k+ points that are missing?

System specs are:

I7 2600K @ 4.4 Ghz
GTX 590 POV Ultra Charged @ 670 Mhz
Asrock P67 Pro Fatal1ty
G.Skill 8 GB DDR3 1600 Ripjaws X Dual channel
1000W Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Series M-1000 80+ Gold
100 GB Revodrive X2 (System)
1 TB Samsung Spinpoint F3 HD103SJ (Data)
1 TB Samsung (External)

I have new drivers for everything, even reinstalled the whole system.
As i mentioned above performance is really choppy in most of the games... so no fun in gaming. Sole exception is World of Warcraft, it runs at a steady 60 frames v-synced, everything at ultra. Every other game with some new and "fresh" graphics is just bleh.

Best example is Battlefield 3, benchs are like 100 Fps+ @ high/ultra with my card non oc! I have to set it to low to even play it stutter free. When i set it to high i got like 30-40 Fps.

I almost tried every driver/bios setting/tweak you can imagine, i dont know what else i can do....maybe i should light that thing up and get rid of it.

Well, similar systems are performing a lot better, so im just curious whats going on with my system? Any advice or solution? Any help is really appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Xear

viper_69

Distinguished
May 24, 2011
just wanted to add to anyone who knows nvidia...Im havin the same problem with my asus 580 cuda 2...I would recommend unistalling everything that has to do with yuour card...clean it then re install it...it didnt work for me but it might for you....if you have not done that already.....did you recently change to the 590? if so from what?

HugoStiglitz

Distinguished
do you have 1 or 2 590's

ur first post says 1, but the vantage link shows 2 cards.

if vantage is wrongly thinking you have 2 cards it could explain why ur mark shows "lower" than simmular systems because its comparing you against people that really do have 2x 590's