Can a lexmark printer crash a laptop?

surfdog

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2012
In the past two weeks I have had two laptops crash and the common thread seems to be that I experienced printer issues the day of the crashes. I have a Lexmark Pinnacle Pro901 all in one printer and laptop 1 is a Lenovo, only 1.5 years old, Windows 7 os. My printer jammed a stack of about 20 sheets from the feeder and it seemed like a surge occurred on my laptop...almost a brightness of light from it. The laptop froze and I've had to get the hard drive backed up and send the laptop in or service. I hooked the printer up to my 6yr old+/- Dell inspiron laptop about 1.5 weeks ago, and yesterday I was printing again and got a couple of messages saying the laptop/printer communication was not happening. Eventually the printer worked, but was extremely slow. But I got the job done. Last night I turned on the laptop and it did a major system chkdsk run, then wouldn't allow me to boot it up. Now it looks like it will boot, then turns to a blue screen with the error messagestop:

c000007b {bad image} The application or DLL \ ??\c:\windows\system32\user32.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette.

Have I lost my hard drive? Any thoughts from anyone? Can this be because of the printer?

Thank you for your help.