For experts only Installation Problem

G

Hi all, I've been trying to setup win2k as my secondary OS and I have had same problem over and over again. You know when u setup win2k, it asks you to press F6 to load raid or scsi .. Well, i don't have raid setup but since my mobo supports raid,i have to load the file oemsetup.txt which i did. It says that there was an error in line 1121 and error loading oemdisk.c in my CD rom drive. I used to run win2k but decided to re install it because it slowed up. When i installed it for the 1st time, i loaded the oemsetup.txt and i encountered another problem that i do not remember, somehow i did something and got it to work, Anywyaz, can anyone help me? Thanks

G

well, heres an idea.....

Im pretty sure that .txt file is an unattended installation file that is telling the windows installer how to configure windows 2000 on your pc. apparently, there are some problems with the instructions on the file. I would obtain drivers for my hardware from the manufacturers and install win2k without the OEM disk, o rht esetup file.

ignore everything i say

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
I had the same problem with loaded a raid driver before the gui screen. I also go an error, I just gave up and installed it the rest of the way. I loaded the driver after the setup was complete. If this were an option for you I would do that. Good Luck!

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

TRENDING THREADS