Nightlife Preview at Gamespot

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims2nightlife/preview_6131177.html

Check it!

Interesting screens... I doubt the large buildings are playable. Which
frankly seems kind of silly... I'd rather replace them with some
playable highrises of my own.

On the turnon screen it seems your sim can have vampires as a turnon
hehe
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

Oh way to go - you can change a sim's aspiration with a new object. Thank
god for that.

Best wishes
maxon

> http://www.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/thesims2nightlife/preview_6131177.html
>
> Check it!
>
> Interesting screens... I doubt the large buildings are playable. Which
> frankly seems kind of silly... I'd rather replace them with some
> playable highrises of my own.
>
> On the turnon screen it seems your sim can have vampires as a turnon
> hehe
> --
>

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005 02:42:51 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Just what I feared.
>
>Looks to be terrific....and a frame-stopper!

LOL, luckily, there are codes you can use to decrease the graphical
intensity.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

>>>Just what I feared.

>>>Looks to be terrific....and a frame-stopper!

>> LOL, luckily, there are codes you can use to decrease the graphical
>> intensity.

>What good is that if it decreases how good it looks?

less detail = less stress on your pc = game runs faster

I'm assuming Maxis have made some improvements to the graphic engine to
allow for backgrounds. Else the game probably would run less smooth on
lower end PCs and that will upset many people.

On 25 Aug 2005 02:01:17 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
wrote:

>I'm assuming Maxis have made some improvements to the graphic engine to
>allow for backgrounds. Else the game probably would run less smooth on
>lower end PCs and that will upset many people.

Well either way, it's certainly a good thing that they add the OPTION,
no? So that those of us with fairly powerful computers can run it. I
for one have yet to hit a low framerate in the game, even with 12
people, max edge smoothin, 1280x1024 etc.
--

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> On 25 Aug 2005 02:01:17 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
> wrote:
>

>>I'm assuming Maxis have made some improvements to the graphic engine to
>>allow for backgrounds. Else the game probably would run less smooth on
>>lower end PCs and that will upset many people.
>

> Well either way, it's certainly a good thing that they add the OPTION,
> no? So that those of us with fairly powerful computers can run it. I
> for one have yet to hit a low framerate in the game, even with 12
> people, max edge smoothin, 1280x1024 etc.

Right now my machine runs the program fine with max resolution unless I
have a lot of people over for a big party. I once invited over the
entire neighborhood and was that a mistake! Was getting about one frame
every five seconds! Took me an hour (in real time, not sim time) to
send everyone home. But for most reasonable scenarios, my houses run okay.

--
--Cuth