Sign in with
Your question

Pre-Built from Cyberpower - $1200

Last response: in Systems
September 8, 2009 9:43:51 PM

Hello Guys,

I decided to go with a prebuilt because I don't really have the time/patience to figure out putting one together myself. This is what I put together over at www.cyberpower.com. I assume they wouldn't let me put imcompatable parts together but I wanted to let you guys run take a look at it it first.

The first question, are any of these parts going to cause a significant bottleneck in the system?

I am worried about the motherboard, that's the part I know the least about.

I know the I5 can be overclocked like crazy, what about the GPU's? Would OCing them be necessary? And the RAM?

I have selected two GPU's and will be using them in Crossfire.

* CASE: Azza Orion Gaming Mid-Tower Case with See-Thru Side Panel (Black with Red Lightning)

* Neon Light Upgrade: NONE

* Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Maximum 120MM Case Cooling Fans for your selected case

* POWER SUPPLY Upgrade: Corsair Power Supplies (750 Watts CMPSU-750 TX - Quad SLI Ready)

* CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-750 2.66 GHz 8M L2 Cache LGA1156

* Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking

* COOLING FAN : Xigmatek Dark Knight-S1283V Gaming CPU Cooling Fan (Double layer H.D.T. technology for maximum cooling)(Venom Boost Extreme OC Certified)

* MOTHERBOARD: [CrossFireX] Asus P7P55D LE Intel P55 Chipset DDR3 LGA1156 ATX Mainboard w/ 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB2.0, SATA-II RAID, 2 Gen2 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 3 PCI

* MEMORY: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module (Corsair or Major Brand)

* VIDEO CARD: ATI Radeon HD 4870 PCI-E 16X 1GB DDR5 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

* VIDEO CARD 2: ATI Radeon HD 4870 PCI-E 16X 1GB DDR5 Video Card (Major Brand Powered by ATI)

* MULTIPLE VIDEO CARD SETTINGS: Xtreme Performance in SLI/CrossFireX Gaming Mode Supports Single Monitor

* HARD DRIVE: Extreme Performance (RAID-0) with 2 Identical Hard Drives (500GB (250GBx2) SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD)

* Optical Drive: LG 22X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Dual Layer Drive (BLACK COLOR)

Overall this is coming out to $1116 with a mouse, keyboard and cardreader. I think this about fair :) 

What do you think? Would I really save that much building on my own?

* NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
September 8, 2009 9:56:28 PM

time and patience to put it together , it takes what, 3hrs tops to put it together and then another hr for windows

give me a few minutes to put this together on newegg
September 8, 2009 10:00:49 PM

I already built him a very nice < $1,000 build in his other thread. Apparently the OP has given up on the idea of building his own PC for some reason.
Related resources
September 8, 2009 10:03:24 PM

Really? I read some horror stories about putting together your own rig. I very much like your build shortstuff.
September 8, 2009 10:06:35 PM

Putting your own computer together is very easy if you can read a manual and take your time.
September 8, 2009 10:07:34 PM

well for the price, its not horrible, though building it yourself you can choose exactly what parts you want

though the total i have is around $1100, you wouldn't save a lot, though you wouldn't have to go with the horrible raid-0 of 250GB drives, the samsung spinpoint F3 is 500Gb/platter (faster transfers than the 250GB/platter you would be getting0
September 9, 2009 12:09:37 AM

Well man to be honest with you CyberPowerPC seems to forget to do somethings or test everything. I got a pc from them a couple years ago where the driver on the dvd/cd burner was so old it wouldn't even burn cd's!! I had to find it and update it myself. Recently though I spent about $900 and built my onw pc for the first time and had no problems at all!! And I'm a guy who does not OC at all, totally clueless when it comes to that. You seem to know a good bit about OCing though and can probably build your own pc easy.

FYI my build was:

mobo - EVGA x58 SLI LE
cpu - i7 920
ram - 6gb Corsair XMS3
video - XFX Radeon HD 4870 1gb
psu - Corsair 520hx (520 watts)
Case - Cooler Master Storm Scout
heatsink/fan - Cooler Master V8
320gb hdd
Samsung cd/dvd burner

Sure it takes time but since it's your pc you put more love and care into it getting the wires just how you want them and everything. OH and another thing, I see you got 2 sticks of ram. Make sure your motherboard is dual channel then and not triple channel. For instance mine is triple channel so I just have 6 1gb sticks.
!