Sign in with
Your question

New computer build problem :P

Last response: in Components
November 29, 2009 6:44:51 AM

So, I found out how to wire the front panel pins, hdd led, etc. But.... Still no avail. I wired everything according to the manual for the motherboard. Even switched the polarity. (Reversed them like 10 times) Anyway, I haven't even been able to turn on my computer yet. if it helps I know my power supply is partially working because the power symbol on the mobo lit up. Meaning the mobo's power led lit up. Bottom right corner of the NF750-G55 if you wanted to know which mobo.

I also heard about Antec's DOA front panel problems. Would this be one of those cases? And if not. How would i narrow down which part isn't working. Help please :( 

More about : computer build problem

November 29, 2009 10:04:11 AM

To test the motherboard and PSU, bypass the case power button by connecting the power pins yourself. If it works, probably the case power button/wiring is bad.
Related resources
a c 248 ) Power supply
November 29, 2009 11:12:27 AM

Just push the power on button located at the bottom right of your motherboard. It's clearly marked. Can't miss it.

Have you even bothered to read your motherboard manual like I told you in the other thread?

There was no need to start another thread. Could have kept it going in the original thread since it's the same problem.
November 29, 2009 3:28:08 PM

JohnnyLucky said:
Just push the power on button located at the bottom right of your motherboard. It's clearly marked. Can't miss it.

Have you even bothered to read your motherboard manual like I told you in the other thread?

There was no need to start another thread. Could have kept it going in the original thread since it's the same problem.

Lol. Yup. Gotta keep them in line. Gotta have rules you know. There's already enough anarchy on this forum.
November 29, 2009 5:17:23 PM

O>O but i already did press the button doesn't work. I read the manual as well... It doesn't help. Sorry i started another thread. :p  If tried pressing the Motherboard power button but even that doesnt work. And I've put all the connections the motherboard says is required but it still doesnt work....
November 29, 2009 6:27:46 PM

In addition to the 24 pin power connector, is the 4 pin power connector plugged in?
November 29, 2009 6:31:09 PM

I meant -> ATX 24-pin to power connector
ATX 4-pin 12V CPU to power connector
Are both of these connected to your PSU?

Are you sure the CPU is properly seated?
November 29, 2009 7:10:06 PM

Yep, and it is indeed properly seated. :p  I have unconnected and reconnected everything but no avail. I'm going to get some replacements so.... I'll see what happens when i get those new parts.
November 29, 2009 7:48:07 PM

Have you completed all the checks and procedures listed in the link I posted above?

How many sticks of RAM do you have in ? Have you tried using only one stick? Is the memory on the mobo's compatibility list? I suggest only using one stick until you are able to boot.

Does you mobo or case have a small speaker for the mobo so you can hear the warning beeps for error messages? If so, do you get any beeps? If not can you obtain and connect the small speaker -even borrow one from another system?

Does the mobo have warning/error lights on the mobo? If so what do they report?

Please provide a complete list of system components, preferably with a link to their newegg page so we can review specs.

!