Low profile graphic card ?

avozetta

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Hi!

Hope to get some help to find a low profile graphic card to my DELL Optiplex GX620, 2PCI and 1 PCI Express 16x slot available. Primary not used fore gaming but my son wants to play multiplayer from time to time. No need for monster performance!

Tried to play Dawn of War but the video test complains about T&M (Transform & Lightning) for the built in graphic card.

How do I now that a graphic card supports T&M?
Any graphic card suggestion would be nice!

avozetta

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009

Tanks, but I do not find any card in that series in my stores. How ever, the 9600 GT series are available. Could not be worse?

Yes, slim case is probably another word fore the same thing.

Forgotten to say that the power supply is on 270W. Will there be a limit in what card I choose because of that?

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
270W sucks and so does "slim line", you'll be lucky if you can get any card to work at all, there is a 300W slim line PSU for sale that can support a HD 4650 or 9600GT Low Profile if they fit in your case, that's the best you're gonna get.

Don't buy a slim line if you ever plan on upgrading anything!

avozetta

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Tanks for all tips! I visited the local store and they told me that the T&M support almost never is supported by built in graphic cards. But this card does, ASUS EAH3450, and its works just fine for me. The Dawn of War game is now playable with "good enough" settings :D .

Gulli

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008

That's one poor excuse for a graphics card, but at least it beats integrated graphics...