Need suggestion for buying pc

chahcha

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
hi friends, i m planning to update my cpu(motherboard, processor & ram). my budget is around 20K. i am using the system for architectural rendering purpose... need ur help. plz help me with it... :)

Well let's start with telling us what you currently have, followed by what you feel could use improvement. Telling us you have a 20k budget will get you very wicked system (CPU A.K.A. processor, motherboard, RAM).

Also this usually goes without saying, but seeing as how you labeld what you thought a CPU was... When replacing CPU &/or motherboard, it is best to reformat (completely erase) the hard drive (which stores all of your architectural rendering data).

If you don't already have an IT dept to turn to (which stands to reason, hence you asking here), take your current system to someone or someplace that can perform a back up for you to retrieve after the upgrade.

chahcha

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
@ T_T

i have backed up my data... i plan to go for amd phenom II quad core 955 BE & MSI 790fx-gd70. i m confused with which graphics card will suit for this config... can u help me out...

chahcha

Distinguished
Feb 8, 2010
@ Jack

first thank u JackNaylorePE.
i want to build a workstation system for architectural rendering. can u help me out for it...

One of the ways I figured out what to put in my early CAD builds was to go to the web sites of outfits that built CAD machines and copy their parts lists....why don't ya check out that pre-built system and see where you can do from there.

I build a lot of CAD boxes for engineering design but none spend much time on rendering.