Nightlife cheats & codes

WOW! thanks Guardian for these sites. I've not been looking lately, so
now I'm getting more excited!

Joy

> http://www.gamepro.com/computer/pc/games/cheats/46490.shtml
>
> Some look very interesting, such as slowmotion, and
> lotInfoAdvancedMode. I wonder if this can show lot cost in realtime.
> --
>

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and
> beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

>Some look very interesting, such as slowmotion, and
>lotInfoAdvancedMode. I wonder if this can show lot cost in realtime.

Am I the only one curious that there are cheats for Nightlife BEFORE
the games released!!

Time to let the conspiracy theorist loose.

The only new one I can see is:

social_debug

Oh and 'clear' though it strikes me that that will not be all that useful.

slowMotion you can have already - it's one of the film-making commands and
I'm not sure about lotInfoAdvancedmode. What do you mean 'show lot cost in
real time'? Oh wait, I just tested that one - it just brings up the lot
information automatically when you click on an inhabited lot in the
neighbourhood view - instead of the family screen (the other screen in the
lot dialogue box). But you can get the information yourself just by
pressing the information button on the lot dialogue box.

Anyway, this list is a long way from being complete even before the new EP
is released - there are a lot of commands missing from it, e.g.
setHighestAllowedLevel or deleteAllCharacters or changeLotZoning.

Best wishes
maxon

On 23 Aug 2005 02:16:20 -0700, "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk>
wrote:

>Am I the only one curious that there are cheats for Nightlife BEFORE
>the games released!!
>
>Time to let the conspiracy theorist loose.

Hehe, well, the prima guide comes out on september second. These codes
probably come from either Maxis themselves, who have published them,
or someone, possibly a reporter, who's gotten a promo copy of the
game.
--

Maxon wrote:
> The only new one I can see is:
>
> social_debug

That's one of the things available through the boolprop
testingcheatsenabled cheat we already have.

> Oh and 'clear' though it strikes me that that will not be all that useful.

You've already got that one, too. It comes in handy if you've been
using the above mentioned cheat because it sometimes throws a lot of
error messages into your cheat box window.

Jeanie

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
> >Some look very interesting, such as slowmotion, and
>>lotInfoAdvancedMode. I wonder if this can show lot cost in realtime.
>
> Am I the only one curious that there are cheats for Nightlife BEFORE
> the games released!!
>
> Time to let the conspiracy theorist loose.

I think, the cheat codes are there for the programmer's benefit, not ours.
That we can use them is a bonus.

You get quite enough debugging in a smaller program to drive you crazy.
Imagine the testing that is needed on a game the size of Sims2.
Ugh...

Though I might be wrong, and if so I will soon be told.

>>>Some look very interesting, such as slowmotion, and
>>>lotInfoAdvancedMode. I wonder if this can show lot cost in realtime.

>> Am I the only one curious that there are cheats for Nightlife BEFORE
>> the games released!!

>> Time to let the conspiracy theorist loose.

>I think, the cheat codes are there for the programmer's benefit, not ours.
>That we can use them is a bonus.

>You get quite enough debugging in a smaller program to drive you crazy.
>Imagine the testing that is needed on a game the size of Sims2.

>Ugh...

>Though I might be wrong, and if so I will soon be told.

Heard that argument before but working in IT is doesn't stand up if
you ask me. A lot of the cheats have little testing value and if they
are for testing why aren't they taken out for the final retail
version?

They are deliberately put in for people to find and use and the
companies tell people about them. Although most companies will deny
that if asked.

Getting back to the website, looks like they are just update themselves
for the pending EP. They have jumped the gun a bit though.

OK - so none of those cheats are new - I did wonder since I recognised most
of them. I tend not to use testingcheatsenabled.

Best wishes
maxon