Wedding Arch issues

I have a couple who's engaged and I keep trying to get them married. I try
to do everything right. I have the arch, some chairs, some wine to toast
with, the cake, the balloon, music, friends, etc...., BUT no matter how
duddish the wedding, or how great the party is going, the wedding arch has
no interactions available. No "get married", no nothing. I've tried
reading every walkthrough I can find, google with every senario possible,
ModtheSims2.com, I can't find a single thing that addresses this issue.
HELP!! My 9 year old is addicted to the saga of the college sweethearts and
wants the formal wedding. LOL She went to bed depressed that I couldn't
get them to do it for her. LOL I told her hopefully someone might have an
answer. Thanks in advance guys.

Happy Homemaker
48 answers Last reply
More about wedding arch issues

    Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
    > I have a couple who's engaged and I keep trying to get them married. I try
    > to do everything right. I have the arch, some chairs, some wine to toast
    > with, the cake, the balloon, music, friends, etc...., BUT no matter how
    > duddish the wedding, or how great the party is going, the wedding arch has
    > no interactions available. No "get married", no nothing. I've tried
    > reading every walkthrough I can find, google with every senario possible,
    > ModtheSims2.com, I can't find a single thing that addresses this issue.
    > HELP!! My 9 year old is addicted to the saga of the college sweethearts and
    > wants the formal wedding. LOL She went to bed depressed that I couldn't
    > get them to do it for her. LOL I told her hopefully someone might have an
    > answer. Thanks in advance guys.
    >
    > Happy Homemaker

    The only thing I can think if is that you might have the arch placed in
    there backwards and the sims can't get inside it to get married. Are
    there plants close by? Is it right at the edge of the lot or is the
    ground unlevel under it?

    Jeanie

    "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > The only thing I can think if is that you might have the arch placed in
    > there backwards and the sims can't get inside it to get married. Are
    > there plants close by? Is it right at the edge of the lot or is the
    > ground unlevel under it?
    >
    > Jeanie

    (I know some groups don't like top posting, and some don't like bottom
    posting, let me know this groups preference and I'll try to remember.) Now
    onto the issue at hand. It may have been backwards, but I wasn't sure. I
    don't think anything was blocking, maybe one of the trees were too close,
    I'll delete it temporarily and try again. I've had 3 wedding partys so far.
    Each one has bombed tremendously. Normally my sims have decent parties, but
    for some reasons her guests were going upstairs to entertain themselves. I
    cured that by deleting her front, and only door. LOL After the party was
    over, I put it back in. Do you cut the cake before or after the "get
    married"? Since they had nothing better to do with no "get married"
    function, I just had them cut the cake anyway. LOL My poor sim keeps
    bombing her parties and bawling afterwards. I want to try your tip now but
    if I get married without my daughter in audience, she'll be so irritated
    with me and ask why all day long driving me nuts, so it looks like I'm
    waiting till morning. LOL Thanks again for the tip.

    Happy Homemaker

    Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>The only thing I can think if is that you might have the arch placed in
    >>there backwards and the sims can't get inside it to get married. Are
    >>there plants close by? Is it right at the edge of the lot or is the
    >>ground unlevel under it?
    >>
    >>Jeanie
    >

    > (I know some groups don't like top posting, and some don't like bottom
    > posting, let me know this groups preference and I'll try to remember.)

    Personally, I don't care for top posting. It breaks up the "flow" of a
    thread for me. And it drives me nuts when people don't leave part of
    the original post when they reply. If I have my newsreader set to only
    display unread posts, then I haven't got a clue who they are talking to
    or what the hell they are talking about. But that's just me.
    Everybody's different. And I usually chop a reply up (like this one!)
    and add my two cents where they do the most good. LOL

    Now
    > onto the issue at hand. It may have been backwards, but I wasn't sure. I
    > don't think anything was blocking, maybe one of the trees were too close,
    > I'll delete it temporarily and try again. I've had 3 wedding partys so far.
    > Each one has bombed tremendously. Normally my sims have decent parties, but
    > for some reasons her guests were going upstairs to entertain themselves. I
    > cured that by deleting her front, and only door. LOL After the party was
    > over, I put it back in. Do you cut the cake before or after the "get
    > married"? Since they had nothing better to do with no "get married"
    > function, I just had them cut the cake anyway. LOL My poor sim keeps
    > bombing her parties and bawling afterwards. I want to try your tip now but
    > if I get married without my daughter in audience, she'll be so irritated
    > with me and ask why all day long driving me nuts, so it looks like I'm
    > waiting till morning. LOL Thanks again for the tip.
    >
    > Happy Homemaker

    Some hints for a good wedding party, as I've experienced and learned
    through experimentation:

    1. Before entering the lot, use the cheat code "intProp
    maxNumOfVisitingSims 20" in the neighborhood screen. This way, you will
    get to invite up to 20 people. Some won't come, for whatever reason,
    but you'll have a good crowd. Slower computers might not function real
    well with a lot of sims on the lot, but having as many guests as
    possible helps insure that they will chat with each other and help the
    party go better. If the maid or gardener happen to be there, they'll
    change into formal wear and attend the party, too, jumping up afterwards
    to continue their work.

    2. Have the person with the most friends do the inviting, and only
    invite people who like the sim doing the calling.

    3. Have all the family sims on the lot in as good a mood as possible
    and try not to throw parties when there are babies or toddlers about.
    They will invariably need attention right at the crucial moment and
    screw everything up.

    4. You don't need to bother with the buffet table if you have the cake,
    nor will you need a bar and bartender if you have the champagne bottle.

    5. Make sure you have enough tables and chairs for all the people at
    the party, and enough toilets to go around. You can even build a small
    cabana-type building to house a few of the bathroom stalls to avoid
    bottlenecks. You can sell them back and tear it down afterwards and if
    you do it before midnight, you get a full refund. Actually, all you
    need is one wall to attach the stalls to.

    6. Have a stereo nearby and turn it on BEFORE the party starts so
    guests can dance.

    7. Set up the wedding arch, tables, chairs, etc. before inviting the
    guests. Make sure that the arch is facing the right way (green arrows
    to the front) and that there is at least one square clear on all four
    sides of it. Don't worry about getting your family into formal wear,
    they'll do that automatically when the ceremony is about to begin.
    Chairs for the guests to sit in and watch the wedding aren't necessary,
    but they look nice. If they don't have chairs, they will simply gather
    around the arch and watch.

    8. Have a separate table for the cake and another for the bottle of
    champagne. Make sure there is lots of room around the champagne table
    because there will be a number of sims clustered there all through the
    party. That bottle just never seems to go dry, so you only need one
    bottle, no matter how many guests you have. It's like the Wedding at
    Cana where the water turned to wine. <g>

    9. After the guests are invited, have the sims go outside to greet as
    many of the guests as possible, but cut short the chit chat or time will
    run out on you and everybody will start milling around finding something
    interesting to do, like pouring soap in your fountain or watching the
    game on TV.

    10. Make either the bride or the groom the active sim, click on the
    arch and choose "Get married." The other partner will get into wedding
    duds and join them there. Even if she/he jilts the hopeful sim, they
    will do it under the arch. A successful wedding party has to include an
    actual marriage. (Likewise, a successful birthday party must include
    someone making an age transition. Sports parties and house parties are
    more "iffy" and that's where your bar and bartender, buffet table, or a
    big screen TV come in handy.)

    11. After the wedding takes place, if you have other controllable sims
    on the lot, have one of them go to the champagne bottle and make a
    toast. All sims on the lot will suddenly have a glass in their hands
    and the drinking will start. Sims like champagne. There is apt to be
    one toast after another once you get them started. If all you can
    control is the bride and groom, have one of them get the nectar flowing.
    Though, usually one of the guests will start hitting that bottle on
    their own.

    12. If no one has started dancing yet, have the bride or groom start
    dancing with a guest. You can cancel that action as soon as the other
    sims start dancing. Usually, there will be at least one sim dancing
    throughout the whole party.

    13. Now's a good time to cut the cake. Have the bride or groom do it
    and the other will join them. They'll feed each other cake and then
    take a piece and go sit down. Your idea for removing the house doors is
    a good one because that will keep all the guests in the yard where they
    belong and not inside the house eating chips at the kitchen counter or
    puking in the master bathroom. But make sure they all have a place to
    sit (preferably at a table) or they won't eat.

    14. Allow the time to tick by and don't try to say goodbye to any of
    the guests. Just mingle and schmooze here and there. At the end of the
    party, a limo will arrive to whisk the happy couple away for a one hour
    honeymoon (at some motel with "nap rates" apparently) and as soon as it
    arrives, the guests will leave on their own accord. When the happy
    couple return, all their needs will be green and they are ready for some
    serious woohooing. LOL

    I've not had a bad party yet, using these or similar guidelines. Good luck!

    > 7. Set up the wedding arch, tables, chairs, etc. before inviting the
    > guests. Make sure that the arch is facing the right way (green arrows to
    > the front) and that there is at least one square clear on all four sides
    > of it.

    I have placed potted plants to the immediate right/left of that arch without
    problems but that isn;t why I posted.

    What about a nice red carpet under the arch and down the isle?
    Looks nice in the garden, that does.

    Has anybody made alternative arches yet?

    Happy Homemaker29 wrote:

    > I have a couple who's engaged and I keep trying to get them married.

    You are sure they aren't accidently married already? You must be
    careful with the "Propose" option. If you "Propose... marriage" they
    marry there and then, so you shouldn't go beyond "Propose...
    engagement". But since you already went through a couple of weddings,
    that probably isn't it.

    As for not wanting to spoil things for your daughter, you can try
    everything you want and then simply not save.

    T.

    Veronica L wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>7. Set up the wedding arch, tables, chairs, etc. before inviting the
    >>guests. Make sure that the arch is facing the right way (green arrows to
    >>the front) and that there is at least one square clear on all four sides
    >>of it.
    >

    > I have placed potted plants to the immediate right/left of that arch without
    > problems but that isn;t why I posted.

    I have, too, but since the OP was having trouble getting her sims to the
    arch, I thought leaving a space all around free would be a good idea.

    > What about a nice red carpet under the arch and down the isle?
    > Looks nice in the garden, that does.

    I've never thought of that, but it sounds nice. Pity the bride doesn't
    walk down the aisle. Instead they saunter, sidle, slink, slump or
    stagger in from the side (all depending upon their attitude towards the
    marriage, I suppose).

    > Has anybody made alternative arches yet?

    I've not seen any yet. A nice brass one would be nice, I think.

    Jeanie

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message

    > You are sure they aren't accidently married already? You must be careful
    > with the "Propose" option. If you "Propose... marriage" they marry there
    > and then, so you shouldn't go beyond "Propose... engagement". But since
    > you already went through a couple of weddings, that probably isn't it.
    >
    > As for not wanting to spoil things for your daughter, you can try
    > everything you want and then simply not save.
    >
    > T.

    If they were married, he'd be joined to the household right? So far that
    I've seen in the past with other sims, that hasn't happened yet. (I've had
    arch issues since I've started this addicting game, therefore all my past
    sims have had to get married without it.

    Happy Homemaker

    "Taemon" <Taemon@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
    > Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
    >
    >> I have a couple who's engaged and I keep trying to get them married.
    >
    > You are sure they aren't accidently married already? You must be careful
    > with the "Propose" option. If you "Propose... marriage" they marry there
    > and then, so you shouldn't go beyond "Propose... engagement". But since
    > you already went through a couple of weddings, that probably isn't it.
    >
    > As for not wanting to spoil things for your daughter, you can try
    > everything you want and then simply not save.
    >
    > T.

    ARGH!!! Ok now the party is going along greatly, good time rating, but
    wedding arch with nothing near is is STILL non-clickable. What is the deal!
    And my fiance doesn't even have a propose marriage option but all my guests
    have a stay the night option or move in option. This is really getting on
    my nerves. I want the big wedding. WAH!!!! I'm ready to give up here.

    Happy Homemaker

    "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message

    > Some hints for a good wedding party, as I've experienced and learned
    > through experimentation:
    >
    > 1. Before entering the lot, use the cheat code "intProp
    > maxNumOfVisitingSims 20" in the neighborhood screen. This way, you will
    > get to invite up to 20 people. Some won't come, for whatever reason, but
    > you'll have a good crowd. Slower computers might not function real well
    > with a lot of sims on the lot, but having as many guests as possible helps
    > insure that they will chat with each other and help the party go better.
    > If the maid or gardener happen to be there, they'll change into formal
    > wear and attend the party, too, jumping up afterwards to continue their
    > work.

    (I keep getting a "no such cheat" message) and the arch, with nothing near
    it, still isn't clicking. Everyone is having a good time at my party but
    during the last minute, because the arch won't marry them, the party bombs.
    Driving me batty.

    Happy Homemaker

> [...]
    > piece and go sit down. Your idea for removing the house doors is a good
    > one because that will keep all the guests in the yard where they belong
    > and not inside the house eating chips at the kitchen counter or puking in
    > the master bathroom. But make sure they all have a place to sit
    > (preferably at a table) or they won't eat.
    >
    > 14. Allow the time to tick by and don't try to say goodbye to any of the
    > guests. Just mingle and schmooze here and there. At the end of the
    > party, a limo will arrive to whisk the happy couple away for a one hour
    > honeymoon (at some motel with "nap rates" apparently) and as soon as it
    > arrives, the guests will leave on their own accord. When the happy couple
    > return, all their needs will be green and they are ready for some serious
    > woohooing. LOL
    >
    > I've not had a bad party yet, using these or similar guidelines. Good

    Happy Homemaker29 said

    > ARGH!!! Ok now the party is going along greatly, good time rating,
    > but wedding arch with nothing near is is STILL non-clickable. What
    > is the deal! And my fiance doesn't even have a propose marriage
    > option but all my guests have a stay the night option or move in
    > option. This is really getting on my nerves. I want the big
    > wedding. WAH!!!! I'm ready to give up here.

    College sweethearts you said. And something else that suggested he
    wasn't yet living on the lot.
    Is he definitely an Adult and not still a Young Adult? Try the
    Propose - Move In action first, see if he ages, if he does then you
    should get the Get Married option on the arch. That was something I had
    happen.

    --
    kat

    kat wrote:
    > Happy Homemaker29 said
    >

    >>ARGH!!! Ok now the party is going along greatly, good time rating,
    >>but wedding arch with nothing near is is STILL non-clickable. What
    >>is the deal! And my fiance doesn't even have a propose marriage
    >>option but all my guests have a stay the night option or move in
    >>option. This is really getting on my nerves. I want the big
    >>wedding. WAH!!!! I'm ready to give up here.
    >

    > College sweethearts you said. And something else that suggested he
    > wasn't yet living on the lot.
    > Is he definitely an Adult and not still a Young Adult? Try the
    > Propose - Move In action first, see if he ages, if he does then you
    > should get the Get Married option on the arch. That was something I had
    > happen.

    Oh yeah! That's very true. Forgot about that. That happened to a few of
    my sims too. this also eliminates the "is there room in the family"
    stupid question.

    -georg

    "kat" <kat@ntalk.org> wrote in message

    > College sweethearts you said. And something else that suggested he wasn't
    > yet living on the lot.
    > Is he definitely an Adult and not still a Young Adult? Try the Propose -
    > Move In action first, see if he ages, if he does then you should get the
    > Get Married option on the arch. That was something I had happen.
    >

    > --
    > kat
    > >^..^<

    Aha! Ok, I'll go back to "college" and see if he is still in there. If so,
    I'll graduate and try again and see if it works. Thanks for the heads up!
    I was beginning to think it was a glitch with my game.

    Happy Homemaker

    Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
    > "kat" <kat@ntalk.org> wrote in message
    >

    >>College sweethearts you said. And something else that suggested he wasn't
    >>yet living on the lot.
    >>Is he definitely an Adult and not still a Young Adult? Try the Propose -
    >>Move In action first, see if he ages, if he does then you should get the
    >>Get Married option on the arch. That was something I had happen.
    >>

    >>--
    >>kat
    >> >^..^<
    >

    > Aha! Ok, I'll go back to "college" and see if he is still in there. If so,
    > I'll graduate and try again and see if it works. Thanks for the heads up!
    > I was beginning to think it was a glitch with my game.
    >
    > Happy Homemaker

    Don't go back to college if he's not a controllable sim!

    Just invite him over, and propose move in. As soon as he says yes to
    move in, he graduates and does the age transition. And he's
    controllable. Ta-da, he's ready for the big wedding. You can send him to
    a dresser to get dressed.

    -georg

    Happy Homemaker29 said

    > "kat" <kat@ntalk.org> wrote in message
    >
    >> College sweethearts you said. And something else that suggested he
    >> wasn't yet living on the lot.
    >> Is he definitely an Adult and not still a Young Adult? Try the
    >> Propose - Move In action first, see if he ages, if he does then you
    >> should get the Get Married option on the arch. That was something I
    >> had happen.

    > Aha! Ok, I'll go back to "college" and see if he is still in there.
    > If so, I'll graduate and try again and see if it works. Thanks for
    > the heads up! I was beginning to think it was a glitch with my game.

    You don't need to graduate him, just invite him over, then if you can
    get Move In, do it and see what happens. He'll automatically graduate
    when he ages. He won't age until he leaves Uni anyway.

    --
    kat

    > Veronica L wrote:
    >> "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >>
    >>>7. Set up the wedding arch, tables, chairs, etc. before inviting the
    >>>guests. Make sure that the arch is facing the right way (green arrows to
    >>>the front) and that there is at least one square clear on all four sides
    >>>of it.
    >>

    >> I have placed potted plants to the immediate right/left of that arch
    >> without problems but that isn;t why I posted.
    >
    > I have, too, but since the OP was having trouble getting her sims to the
    > arch, I thought leaving a space all around free would be a good idea.
    >>
    >> What about a nice red carpet under the arch and down the isle?
    >> Looks nice in the garden, that does.
    >
    > I've never thought of that, but it sounds nice.

    Oh, I went over the top when I discovered, like the poster of this thread,
    how to get them married.
    Little pairs of chairs with a plant at the isle edge of each one.
    Venus, to the right and left of the main seating area with bamboozle behind
    her. Oh, so pretty.

    huh! That didn't last long.

    Pity the bride doesn't
    > walk down the aisle. Instead they saunter, sidle, slink, slump or stagger

    Strewth!!!!

    Have any been dragged, yet? 8))

    in from the side (all depending upon their attitude towards the
    > marriage, I suppose).
    >>
    >> Has anybody made alternative arches yet?
    >>
    > I've not seen any yet. A nice brass one would be nice, I think.

    A plain tree, would be nice. 8))
    or for some types, under a brick railway arch....
    Them Gothic arches... Oh yes.
    Or even a marry-me boozer's bar.

    'Do you take this woman to be..'
    'Ho yush! Hic!'

    Happy Homemaker29 wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >

    >>Some hints for a good wedding party, as I've experienced and learned
    >>through experimentation:
    >>
    >>1. Before entering the lot, use the cheat code "intProp
    >>maxNumOfVisitingSims 20" in the neighborhood screen. This way, you will
    >>get to invite up to 20 people. Some won't come, for whatever reason, but
    >>you'll have a good crowd. Slower computers might not function real well
    >>with a lot of sims on the lot, but having as many guests as possible helps
    >>insure that they will chat with each other and help the party go better.
    >>If the maid or gardener happen to be there, they'll change into formal
    >>wear and attend the party, too, jumping up afterwards to continue their
    >>work.
    >

    > (I keep getting a "no such cheat" message) and the arch, with nothing near
    > it, still isn't clicking. Everyone is having a good time at my party but
    > during the last minute, because the arch won't marry them, the party bombs.
    > Driving me batty.
    >
    > Happy Homemaker

    Are you sure you are typing it in correctly? It's case sensitive. I
    have it included in my userStartup cheat file in Config, with an alias
    so all I have to do is type in "party". You can make that last number
    anything you want. The cheat guides all suggest using 8. I've got mine
    set to 50, but have never invited more than 15.

    As for the arch, I have no idea what the problem is. Have you tried
    putting it in different areas of the lot? Tried it in another household
    on a different lot altogether? It's possible that you have a corrupted
    lot on your hands. That happens and nobody seems to know what or what
    to do about it. I just move everybody out, bulldoze and start over.
    Sometimes it's actually a corruption in that part of the neighborhood
    and you just can't put a lot there anymore.

    Jeanie

    Veronica L wrote:
    > "Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Veronica L wrote:

    >>>Has anybody made alternative arches yet?
    >>>

    >>I've not seen any yet. A nice brass one would be nice, I think.
    >>

    > A plain tree, would be nice. 8))
    > or for some types, under a brick railway arch....
    > Them Gothic arches... Oh yes.
    > Or even a marry-me boozer's bar.
    >
    > 'Do you take this woman to be..'
    > 'Ho yush! Hic!'

    Hey, leave my wedding out of it!

    -georg

    "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    > Veronica L wrote:

    >> A plain tree, would be nice. 8))
    >> or for some types, under a brick railway arch....
    >> Them Gothic arches... Oh yes.
    >> Or even a marry-me boozer's bar.
    >>
    >> 'Do you take this woman to be..'
    >> 'Ho yush! Hic!'
    >
    > Hey, leave my wedding out of it!

    And here comes the bride now, crawling up the isle, being chivvied along by
    her Maid of Honour... Wait.. Ah, she is giving the bride a nip of gin from a
    flask held under a very fetching blue garter. They are on their way again
    now and the Best Man and.. er, the Bride's Father, I think, are getting the
    groom into a standing position...

    This, Ladies and Gentlemen, quite the poshest wedding of the Social
    Season...
    After the reception the happy couple are off on honeymoon touring the
    whiskey distilleries of Scotland.
    I am sure you will join with me in wishing the Scotland the very best of
    luck.

    V >8^p

    Veronica L wrote:
    > "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>Veronica L wrote:
    >

    >>>A plain tree, would be nice. 8))
    >>>or for some types, under a brick railway arch....
    >>>Them Gothic arches... Oh yes.
    >>>Or even a marry-me boozer's bar.
    >>>
    >>>'Do you take this woman to be..'
    >>>'Ho yush! Hic!'
    >>
    >>Hey, leave my wedding out of it!
    >>

    > And here comes the bride now, crawling up the isle, being chivvied along by
    > her Maid of Honour... Wait.. Ah, she is giving the bride a nip of gin from a
    > flask held under a very fetching blue garter. They are on their way again
    > now and the Best Man and.. er, the Bride's Father, I think, are getting the
    > groom into a standing position...
    >
    > This, Ladies and Gentlemen, quite the poshest wedding of the Social
    > Season...
    > After the reception the happy couple are off on honeymoon touring the
    > whiskey distilleries of Scotland.
    > I am sure you will join with me in wishing the Scotland the very best of
    > luck.
    >
    > V >8^p

    No, no, no! I was the sober one who went to the early service! He was
    the one that dodged the cops around 3 am, was tossed out of an all night
    diner around 4 am, and opened the bar where we were having the reception
    about 8 am... he only managed a nap. And he did need help getting
    dressed and to the church on time. He still expresses amazement the
    church wasn't struck by lightening with him inside.

    >> V >8^p
    >
    > No, no, no! I was the sober one who went to the early service! He was the
    > one that dodged the cops around 3 am, was tossed out of an all night diner
    > around 4 am, and opened the bar where we were having the reception about 8
    > am... he only managed a nap. And he did need help getting dressed and to
    > the church on time. He still expresses amazement the church wasn't struck
    > by lightening with him inside.

    And so are we all!

    I'd like to see you manage to fit that into a Sims scenario.

    Veronica L wrote:
    > "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
    >
    >>>V >8^p
    >>
    >> No, no, no! I was the sober one who went to the early service! He was the
    >>one that dodged the cops around 3 am, was tossed out of an all night diner
    >>around 4 am, and opened the bar where we were having the reception about 8
    >>am... he only managed a nap. And he did need help getting dressed and to
    >>the church on time. He still expresses amazement the church wasn't struck
    >>by lightening with him inside.
    >>

    > And so are we all!
    >
    > I'd like to see you manage to fit that into a Sims scenario.

    Well, maybe with Nightlife, it might be possible to manage the whole
    wild weekend. ... Ye gods. Glad we survived the wedding. Can't believe
    it be 9 years in 2 months or so.

    -georg

    > Are you sure you are typing it in correctly? It's case sensitive. I have
    > it included in my userStartup cheat file in Config, with an alias so all I
    > have to do is type in "party". You can make that last number anything you
    > want. The cheat guides all suggest using 8. I've got mine set to 50, but
    > have never invited more than 15.
    >
    > As for the arch, I have no idea what the problem is. Have you tried
    > putting it in different areas of the lot? Tried it in another household
    > on a different lot altogether? It's possible that you have a corrupted
    > lot on your hands. That happens and nobody seems to know what or what to
    > do about it. I just move everybody out, bulldoze and start over.
    > Sometimes it's actually a corruption in that part of the neighborhood and
    > you just can't put a lot there anymore.
    >
    > Jeanie

    Kat nailed the arch issue on the head! Doofus was still in college! I had
    no idea. I'm helping him graduate as we speak. Hopefully after he
    graduates all arch issues will be done with! LOL I'll make sure I copied
    the cheat right and try again. Thanks for everyone's help.

    Happy Homemaker

    > Don't go back to college if he's not a controllable sim!
    >
    > Just invite him over, and propose move in. As soon as he says yes to move
    > in, he graduates and does the age transition. And he's controllable.
    > Ta-da, he's ready for the big wedding. You can send him to a dresser to
    > get dressed.
    >
    > -georg

    Thanks Kat and Georg. So far the move in option doesn't show up with him
    but it does with my old sorority sisters/wedding guests. Go figure. I'll
    keep trying with him.

    Happy Homemaker

    Happy Homemaker29 said

    > Kat nailed the arch issue on the head! Doofus was still in college! I
    > had no idea. I'm helping him graduate as we speak. Hopefully
    > after he graduates all arch issues will be done with! LOL I'll make
    > sure I copied the cheat right and try again. Thanks for everyone's
    > help.

    I'd had a similar problem, except I didn't realise the age of the Sim I
    was trying to marry mine to, because she initially picked him up as a
    walkby Townie in her home neighbourhood. They had got quite friendly
    and I thought he might be The One and pushed it up to an engagement
    while she was at college. When she got home she invited him over and
    planned the wedding, but - no options on the arch. She could ask him to
    move in so I did that and he promptly aged, and gained a degree. Must
    have been at one of the other colleges. ;-)

    Hope yours works out.

    --
    kat

    "Happy Homemaker29" <pcorbett1@twcny.rr.com> wrote in message

    > Thanks Kat and Georg. So far the move in option doesn't show up with him
    > but it does with my old sorority sisters/wedding guests. Go figure. I'll
    > keep trying with him.
    >
    > Happy Homemaker

    I couldn't get him to move in, so I continued him getting his degree while
    she waited for her love to become her age so she was no longer robbing a
    cradle. LOL He graduated with somewhat honors and moved out. He called
    his lady love once he moved into his new home and asked her to move in.
    They rekindled their love and I immediately bought the arch and all the fun
    shmoola that went with it. I invited 10 people (got the cheat to finally
    work, there was a space that was missing in the word). While the party was
    in swing (with good ratings), I clicked the arch and SUCCESS!! They are now
    expecting a little bundle. Weird thing though, they're both secret society
    abductees, and when the husband went to do the secret handshake on the wife,
    she rejected him. Go figure! LOL Thanks everyone for their help. You
    saved my (becoming) severely depressed sim. LOL

    Happy Homemaker

    > I'd had a similar problem, except I didn't realise the age of the Sim I
    > was trying to marry mine to, because she initially picked him up as a
    > walkby Townie in her home neighbourhood. They had got quite friendly and
    > I thought he might be The One and pushed it up to an engagement while she
    > was at college. When she got home she invited him over and planned the
    > wedding, but - no options on the arch. She could ask him to move in so I
    > did that and he promptly aged, and gained a degree. Must have been at one
    > of the other colleges. ;-)
    >
    > Hope yours works out.
    >

    > --
    > kat
    > >^..^<

    Aha! She is no longer robbing the cradle now that's he graduated and found
    a home of his own. The wedding arch worked perfectly and all guests were
    happy with the ceremony. My college sweethearts are now expecting a little
    bundle of joy. (What's weird is he didn't want the relationship originally
    but I kind of forced him into it. Now his fear is cheating on her and
    getting caught. I love these dang things and cannot WAIT for Nightlife. It
    is just not getting here soon enough for me. Thankfully next Thursday is
    payday and since I have 10% for registering both University and original,
    I'm going to preorder it then. I've waited a year for this addicting game
    after getting hooked on Sims 1. I was finally able to get 2 for my birthday
    the 4th of this month, and with payday Aug 1st, I bought University to go
    with it. (Yes, I know 1st is before 4th but hubs has a very hard time
    waiting to give me gifts and I'm just as bad at Christmas with him. Hehehe)
    Since I bought a new computer and gave my old to my daughter, I also gave
    her my Sims 1. I keep the computer in the kitchen with no internet access
    so I know she's ok. Now she's hooked on the game and because my new Sims
    seems so much better than the old, I have to let her play on it for an hour
    a day. LOL I gave her Strangetown, that way she doesn't destroy any of my
    families in the other towns. I'm so evil. LOL Thanks again for all your
    help. You, Georg, Jeanie, everyone. Thanks again guys.

    Happy Homemaker

    Happy Homemaker29 said

    > his fear is cheating on her and getting caught. I love these dang
    > things and cannot WAIT for Nightlife. It is just not getting here
    > soon enough for me. Thankfully next Thursday is payday and since I
    > have 10% for registering both University and original, I'm going to
    > preorder it then. I've waited a year for this addicting game after
    > getting hooked on Sims 1. I was finally able to get 2 for my
    > birthday the 4th of this month, and with payday Aug 1st, I bought
    > University to go with it. (Yes, I know 1st is before 4th but hubs
    > has a very hard time waiting to give me gifts and I'm just as bad at
    > Christmas with him. Hehehe) Since I bought a new computer and gave
    > my old to my daughter, I also gave her my Sims 1. I keep the
    > computer in the kitchen with no internet access so I know she's ok.
    > Now she's hooked on the game and because my new Sims seems so much
    > better than the old, I have to let her play on it for an hour a day.
    > LOL I gave her Strangetown, that way she doesn't destroy any of my
    > families in the other towns. I'm so evil. LOL Thanks again for all
    > your help. You, Georg, Jeanie, everyone. Thanks again guys.

    I started with Sims 1 early this year after listening to friends
    chattering about Sims2. The original hapened to be in the house. Then
    a couple of weeks later I managed to break the cd! My son had Sims2 and
    icalled him, and got hold of that - he'd stopped playing at the time,
    and now I don't know when he'll get it back. I bought Uni, I have some
    birthday money burning a hole in my pocket waiting for Nightlife. But if
    he does, I have since managed to replace Sim1 and got all the EPs,
    second hand. I prefer Sims2 but it's too much for my old laptop and
    even this desktop struggles with a big lot. At least I have choices.

    Glad your Sims got it sorted out.:-)

    --
    kat

    --
    kat
    >^..^<

    I always imagine the Lich gate is going to fall on me when I go in. Godless
    heathen that I am.

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message

    > No, no, no! I was the sober one who went to the early service! He was
    > the one that dodged the cops around 3 am, was tossed out of an all night
    > diner around 4 am, and opened the bar where we were having the reception
    > about 8 am... he only managed a nap. And he did need help getting
    > dressed and to the church on time. He still expresses amazement the
    > church wasn't struck by lightening with him inside.
    >
    > -georg

    This is just a thought, but you didn't by any chance
    select the 'Propose Marriage' interaction *before*
    you started the party, did you? When I first started
    playing, I did that, thinking that 'Propose Marriage'
    meant exactly that--*propose* marriage, not *get married.*
    So my sims exchanged a couple of rings, and I thought,
    "Great, they're engaged, now let's get 'em married."
    Threw a party, set up an arch, and had the same problem
    you're having, because I didn't realize my sims were
    already married. Somehow I must have missed the 'Propose
    Engagement' action.

    Anyway, it's just a possibility I thought of.

    Laura

    > Aha! She is no longer robbing the cradle now that's he graduated and found
    > a home of his own. The wedding arch worked perfectly and all guests were
    > happy with the ceremony.

    Ah, well I should have read further before posting, but
    maybe my suggestion can help someone else <g>

    Laura

    "Laura Castellano" <laurita_castellano@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > This is just a thought, but you didn't by any chance
    > select the 'Propose Marriage' interaction *before*
    > you started the party, did you? When I first started
    > playing, I did that, thinking that 'Propose Marriage'
    > meant exactly that--*propose* marriage, not *get married.*
    > So my sims exchanged a couple of rings, and I thought,
    > "Great, they're engaged, now let's get 'em married."
    > Threw a party, set up an arch, and had the same problem
    > you're having, because I didn't realize my sims were
    > already married. Somehow I must have missed the 'Propose
    > Engagement' action.
    >
    > Anyway, it's just a possibility I thought of.
    >
    > Laura

    Actually I did have that problem previously with another couple but
    eventually realized that the arch wasn't supposed to be there for good looks
    only. LOL

    Happy Homemaker

    >> I'd like to see you manage to fit that into a Sims scenario.

    > Well, maybe with Nightlife, it might be possible to manage the whole wild
    > weekend. ... Ye gods. Glad we survived the wedding. Can't believe it be 9
    > years in 2 months or so.

    I'll raise you 29 yrs and... um..hold on... . =11 months.. hold on.. no -
    28 and 11 months less..
    I'll raise you 20 yrs and 2 months and I am holding a 37 yr old son in
    reserve.

    BTW, how is your cat?

    Granny

    Granny Something wrote:

    > Tut! One doesn't cry, one either chases the nearest available male or one
    > starts lecturing on something really obscure and high-tech (sounding)
    > That's the trouble with you youngsters you are bad at hiding the fact you
    > are pissed as a newt.
    > It takes skill.. and a crafty, devious nature - and somewhere to hide the
    > bottles.
    > And a damn good excuse to tell everyone when the ambulance comes to take you
    > away.

    Given the two males around were my spouse and yon friend from
    Alburquerque, that wasn't much of an option. And no ambulance was
    needed, nor do I ever need to hide the booze. I make plenty- no point in
    hiding it. But if this house ever catches fire they'll have serious
    issues trying to put it out! We did have one heck of an argumentative
    discussion though.

    > Oh crumbs. Is that tablets or do you inject? I know which I would
    > prefer.Cat-depending, of course.

    He's getting all tablets, the good boy. I have to hold him by pinning
    him to my chest and grabbing his scruff and Jazz has to shove the pills
    down. He doesn't argue as much as he could; I think the poor dear is
    getting accustomed. And there's the treats after and that always helps.

    > Improvement maintained then? 8) By a whisker.
    > I been asking about on the lines of your cat's fat-camp idea, but nobody I
    > know wants to bully a fat grey cat for a year and I am SURE he has found
    > another food source.

    I'd hunt out the other food sources. Perhaps a collar that says DON'T
    FEED ME.

    -georg

    Laura Castellano wrote:

    > This is just a thought, but you didn't by any chance
    > select the 'Propose Marriage' interaction *before*
    > you started the party, did you? When I first started
    > playing, I did that, thinking that 'Propose Marriage'
    > meant exactly that--*propose* marriage, not *get married.*
    > So my sims exchanged a couple of rings, and I thought,
    > "Great, they're engaged, now let's get 'em married."
    > Threw a party, set up an arch, and had the same problem
    > you're having, because I didn't realize my sims were
    > already married. Somehow I must have missed the 'Propose
    > Engagement' action.
    >
    > Anyway, it's just a possibility I thought of.
    >
    > Laura

    I just subscribed to the newsgroup, so please be patient with me. This
    is the particular problem that brought me here.

    So the wedding rings in the Lifetime line mean that the sims are already
    married?

    My sims were both still in college when they got married (I thought they
    were getting engaged). Of course, there are other issues with my wedding
    arch, according to other posts I've read in this thread, including
    placement--the little courtyard in the dorm doesn't allow enough room
    for proper movement.

    Now Mack has graduated. Sean is about to finish up his junior year.
    They're in the same household--started out that way. But they don't
    appear as married on the relationship tree.

    As for a wedding party, there was no option on the Throw Party list on
    the phone. Only sports party, party, and graduation party (that was for
    Mack after he graduated). Sean only has the option of throwing a party
    or a sports party.

    If they're already married, does that mean I won't be able to throw a
    wedding party? No reception? They'll have to settle for a regular party?
    Or does having a wedding cake make it a wedding party?

    Thanks!

    Morgan

    What - wait a minute. Are you saying you are having trouble getting young
    adult students at University to marry?

    Well, I'm not surprised - young adult students can't marry. They can only
    get engaged. You have to wait until they become adults before they can use
    the wedding arch. (Unless you use a hack - I haven't seen one for Young
    Adults but there might be one out there).

    Best wishes
    maxon

    "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
    > Laura Castellano wrote:
    >
    > > This is just a thought, but you didn't by any chance
    > > select the 'Propose Marriage' interaction *before*
    > > you started the party, did you? When I first started
    > > playing, I did that, thinking that 'Propose Marriage'
    > > meant exactly that--*propose* marriage, not *get married.*
    > > So my sims exchanged a couple of rings, and I thought,
    > > "Great, they're engaged, now let's get 'em married."
    > > Threw a party, set up an arch, and had the same problem
    > > you're having, because I didn't realize my sims were
    > > already married. Somehow I must have missed the 'Propose
    > > Engagement' action.
    > >
    > > Anyway, it's just a possibility I thought of.
    > >
    > > Laura
    >
    > I just subscribed to the newsgroup, so please be patient with me. This
    > is the particular problem that brought me here.
    >
    > So the wedding rings in the Lifetime line mean that the sims are already
    > married?
    >
    > My sims were both still in college when they got married (I thought they
    > were getting engaged). Of course, there are other issues with my wedding
    > arch, according to other posts I've read in this thread, including
    > placement--the little courtyard in the dorm doesn't allow enough room
    > for proper movement.
    >
    > Now Mack has graduated. Sean is about to finish up his junior year.
    > They're in the same household--started out that way. But they don't
    > appear as married on the relationship tree.
    >
    > As for a wedding party, there was no option on the Throw Party list on
    > the phone. Only sports party, party, and graduation party (that was for
    > Mack after he graduated). Sean only has the option of throwing a party
    > or a sports party.
    >
    > If they're already married, does that mean I won't be able to throw a
    > wedding party? No reception? They'll have to settle for a regular party?
    > Or does having a wedding cake make it a wedding party?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Morgan

    Well, I suppose it's just as well. Sean does have to finish school.
    Mack's all over him all the time as it is. ;-)

    Thanks,
    Morgan

    Maxon wrote:
    > What - wait a minute. Are you saying you are having trouble getting young
    > adult students at University to marry?
    >
    > Well, I'm not surprised - young adult students can't marry. They can only
    > get engaged. You have to wait until they become adults before they can use
    > the wedding arch. (Unless you use a hack - I haven't seen one for Young
    > Adults but there might be one out there).
    >
    > Best wishes
    > maxon
    >

    > "Morgan" <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote in message
    >
    >>Laura Castellano wrote:
    >>

    >>>This is just a thought, but you didn't by any chance
    >>>select the 'Propose Marriage' interaction *before*
    >>>you started the party, did you? When I first started
    >>>playing, I did that, thinking that 'Propose Marriage'
    >>>meant exactly that--*propose* marriage, not *get married.*
    >>>So my sims exchanged a couple of rings, and I thought,
    >>>"Great, they're engaged, now let's get 'em married."
    >>>Threw a party, set up an arch, and had the same problem
    >>>you're having, because I didn't realize my sims were
    >>>already married. Somehow I must have missed the 'Propose
    >>>Engagement' action.
    >>>
    >>>Anyway, it's just a possibility I thought of.
    >>>
    >>>Laura
    >>
    >>I just subscribed to the newsgroup, so please be patient with me. This
    >>is the particular problem that brought me here.
    >>
    >>So the wedding rings in the Lifetime line mean that the sims are already
    >>married?
    >>
    >>My sims were both still in college when they got married (I thought they
    >>were getting engaged). Of course, there are other issues with my wedding
    >>arch, according to other posts I've read in this thread, including
    >>placement--the little courtyard in the dorm doesn't allow enough room
    >>for proper movement.
    >>
    >>Now Mack has graduated. Sean is about to finish up his junior year.
    >>They're in the same household--started out that way. But they don't
    >>appear as married on the relationship tree.
    >>
    >>As for a wedding party, there was no option on the Throw Party list on
    >>the phone. Only sports party, party, and graduation party (that was for
    >>Mack after he graduated). Sean only has the option of throwing a party
    >>or a sports party.
    >>
    >>If they're already married, does that mean I won't be able to throw a
    >>wedding party? No reception? They'll have to settle for a regular party?
    >>Or does having a wedding cake make it a wedding party?
    >>
    >>Thanks!
    >>
    >>Morgan

    > I just subscribed to the newsgroup, so please be patient with me. This
    > is the particular problem that brought me here.

    Hells, and welcome!

    > So the wedding rings in the Lifetime line mean that the sims are already
    > married?

    Be sure you aren't confusing wedding rings with engagement rings. Look
    at their memories. It should tell you. Also, look at their
    relationship section and see what kind of rings show up on the partner's
    picture. Engagement rings have a diamond on them. Wedding rings are
    just gold bands.

    > My sims were both still in college when they got married (I thought they
    > were getting engaged). Of course, there are other issues with my wedding
    > arch, according to other posts I've read in this thread, including
    > placement--the little courtyard in the dorm doesn't allow enough room
    > for proper movement.

    Young adults at University cannot get married. They also cannot try for
    baby or get pregnant. They can only become engaged and must wait until
    they get back to the neighborhood to get married.

    > Now Mack has graduated. Sean is about to finish up his junior year.
    > They're in the same household--started out that way. But they don't
    > appear as married on the relationship tree.

    That's because they cannot get married at University. Teens can't get
    married, either. Only adults and elders.

    > As for a wedding party, there was no option on the Throw Party list on
    > the phone. Only sports party, party, and graduation party (that was for
    > Mack after he graduated). Sean only has the option of throwing a party
    > or a sports party.

    That's all you can have at University. Sims cannot get married in that
    life stage.

    > If they're already married, does that mean I won't be able to throw a
    > wedding party? No reception? They'll have to settle for a regular party?
    > Or does having a wedding cake make it a wedding party?
    >
    > Thanks!
    >
    > Morgan

    If your sims are already married, they can still have a party with the
    wedding cake, buffet and champagne bottle. The sims arriving won't be
    in formal dress, though, and there will be no wedding gown. I don't
    know if you still get all the interactions with the wedding cake if it
    isn't a wedding party -- never tried that. You also wouldn't get the
    limo arriving at the end to whisk the newlyweds off for a 20 minute
    honeymoon. <g>

    It sounds to me like your sims aren't married yet. When they are both
    together and back on a neighborhood lot, click on one and see if you get
    the Propose marriage option. DON'T choose it, just see if it's there.
    If it is, you can pause the game, decorate for a wedding party and
    invite your friends.

    Just FYI, before you have a party, exit back to the neighborhood screen,
    open the cheat box and type in intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20. This
    will allow you to invite more sims. My computer only allows me to
    invite two without using this cheat, but with it, I've invited as many
    as 15 and the computer handled it. Makes it harder to have a great
    party, though, when you have a lot of sims to worry about. 8 is a good
    number to invite, but sometimes some won't come if their relationship
    score isn't high enough. It's a good idea to have the sim with the most
    friends be the one to actually use the phone to Throw Party. That way,
    you'll get a better turn out.

    Jeanie

    Jeanie wrote:

> [...]
    > together and back on a neighborhood lot, click on one and see if you get
    > the Propose marriage option. DON'T choose it, just see if it's there.
    > If it is, you can pause the game, decorate for a wedding party and
    > invite your friends.
    >
    > Just FYI, before you have a party, exit back to the neighborhood screen,
    > open the cheat box and type in intProp maxNumOfVisitingSims 20. This
    > will allow you to invite more sims. My computer only allows me to
    > invite two without using this cheat, but with it, I've invited as many
    > as 15 and the computer handled it. Makes it harder to have a great
    > party, though, when you have a lot of sims to worry about. 8 is a good
    > number to invite, but sometimes some won't come if their relationship
    > score isn't high enough. It's a good idea to have the sim with the most
    > friends be the one to actually use the phone to Throw Party. That way,

    Okay, I think I've got it now.

    These are definitely engagement rings, so the guys aren't married yet.
    Mack's in the sim bin, Sean's about to finish his junior year. I think
    the next step, when Sean is about to graduate, is to put Mack on a
    neighborhood lot, then put Sean there, build enough of a house to have a
    wedding and cool party, then do that.

    I think I may have their parents give them some money for graduation and
    wedding presents.

    Um, they'll have to adopt if they want kids, won't they? Which they do,
    or at least, Mack does, having the Family Aspiration. (Sean's Knowledge
    Guy.)

    Thanks for the guest number cheat, too! My husband and I had
    seventy-five people at our wedding, which would be too many for a sim
    wedding, but two guests seems a little small. I can just see it: my
    sisters, for example, chilling the champagne by their mere proximity to
    each other.

    Thank you very much! I'm looking forward to this wedding!

    Morgan

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:53:20 -0400, Morgan
    <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote:

    >I just subscribed to the newsgroup, so please be patient with me. This
    >is the particular problem that brought me here.

    Welcome, please stick around :-)
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    Guardian Pegasus wrote:

    > On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 11:53:20 -0400, Morgan
    > <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote:
    >

    >>I just subscribed to the newsgroup, so please be patient with me. This
    >>is the particular problem that brought me here.
    >

    > Welcome, please stick around :-)

    Thanks. I'll probably lurk a lot. Real life and all that. ;-)

    Morgan

    While on the topic of weddings. I had a fun one the other night. I'd
    used the testingcheatsenabled codet and clicked on the mailbox to
    "invite all neighbors". There were about 40 people present!

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:14:32 GMT, Greg P
    <curly@removethis.insightbb.com> wrote:

    >While on the topic of weddings. I had a fun one the other night. I'd
    >used the testingcheatsenabled codet and clicked on the mailbox to
    >"invite all neighbors". There were about 40 people present!

    Did they bring (and leave) any babies on your lot? LOL
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 22:21:39 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
    <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

    >On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 20:14:32 GMT, Greg P
    ><curly@removethis.insightbb.com> wrote:
    >
    >>While on the topic of weddings. I had a fun one the other night. I'd
    >>used the testingcheatsenabled codet and clicked on the mailbox to
    >>"invite all neighbors". There were about 40 people present!
    >
    >Did they bring (and leave) any babies on your lot? LOL

    Yes! Poor little Baby Freddie Freak got left behind! What terrible
    parents Frannie and Frankie are, I tell ya.

    On Sun, 11 Sep 2005 15:49:59 -0400, Morgan
    <morgans@nospamzoom-dsldotcom> wrote:

    >Thanks. I'll probably lurk a lot. Real life and all that. ;-)

    I often overlook this, seing as how I have none LOL
    --

    Supreme Overlord of the Alien Vampire Zombie Ghost Invasion Horde,
    your neighbourhood could be next!

    Now THAT'S the sort of wedding I like.

    Jeanie wrote:

    > I've never had homosexual sims who committed to each other, so I don't
    > even know if marriage is possible without a hack. I think they call it
    > "joining" in the game.

    Yup, it's joining. I set up the party, buffet table, bar and bartender,
    cake and everything, invited the guests, then saved the lot. I clicked
    on "propose joining" and they got married right there in their bedroom
    in their everyday clothes. Too boring, so I backed up and clicked on the
    wedding arch. They changed into tuxedos and did it right. Then I had
    Sean cut the cake. They were very cute. There were many many toasts and
    lots of kisses. Then the party ended, the limousine arrived, zipped
    around the block or whatever, and came back. They were happy and
    refreshed and Sean got up the next morning and went to work. Mack stayed
    home, cleaned the house, puttered with cooking and painting, and called
    the adoption service.

    >> I think I may have their parents give them some money for graduation
    >> and wedding presents.
    >

    > You'll need a hack for that, for sure. Sims can't give other sims money
    > unless they move in with them.

    I was planning to use motherlode to fake the gifts, since I didn't
    create parents for either of them. But I ended up not bothering. With
    the forty thousand they had between the two of them, they were able to
    buy a nice little house and furnish it a little bit. They were even able
    to add a refrigerator, dishwasher and trash compactor. The decor is a
    little dull, but both of the guys paint, so that'll improve.

    Does anyone know of a clever way to transfer funds that a college
    student has from campus to the adult neighborhood? Sean had about
    $16,000 when he graduated, what with the grants he and Mack earned,
    selling their instruments, and all the tips they made playing. And the
    house they bought cost about $16,000. Would have been nice to be able to
    just buy the house with that money and still have the $40,000 to furnish
    it with, throw the wedding, whatever. Or buy a bigger house ... they'll
    need to add on pretty soon. The house is already a bit tight for them
    plus one kid.

    >> Thanks for the guest number cheat, too! My husband and I had
    >> seventy-five people at our wedding, which would be too many for a sim
    >> wedding, but two guests seems a little small. I can just see it: my
    >> sisters, for example, chilling the champagne by their mere proximity
    >> to each other.

    I was able to invite seven guests without adjusting the maximum number
    of visiting sims. There were also two visitors already on the lot, a
    couple of neighbors just hanging out. They didn't change into party
    clothes, just hung around eating chips and watching television.

    > Let us know how it comes out. Take some screenshots and post them over
    > in alt.binaries.games.thesims to share, too.

    I took a few camera snaps. I'm not sure how to post those where people
    can see them. Can someone explain that, please?

    This was pretty neat. My daughter thought it was fun, too. I think my
    husband was half asleep, but weddings are, after all, a family sort of
    thing. (That's my feeling, anyway.)

    Thanks again!

    Morgan

    >>> I think I may have their parents give them some money for graduation
    >>> and wedding presents.
    >>

    >> You'll need a hack for that, for sure. Sims can't give other sims
    >> money unless they move in with them.
    >

    > I was planning to use motherlode to fake the gifts, since I didn't
    > create parents for either of them. But I ended up not bothering.

    IMO, "kaching" is a better cheat for something like that because it
    gives you 1000 simoleons at a time, instead of 50,000. So, it would
    seem like a more reasonable "gift."

    > Does anyone know of a clever way to transfer funds that a college
    > student has from campus to the adult neighborhood? Sean had about
    > $16,000 when he graduated, what with the grants he and Mack earned,
    > selling their instruments, and all the tips they made playing. And the
    > house they bought cost about $16,000. Would have been nice to be able to
    > just buy the house with that money and still have the $40,000 to furnish
    > it with, throw the wedding, whatever. Or buy a bigger house ... they'll
    > need to add on pretty soon. The house is already a bit tight for them
    > plus one kid.

    Well, I guess since they automatically get the $20,000 each, they are
    already money ahead. You can always use the "kaching" cheat 16 times to
    give the money back to them.

    > I was able to invite seven guests without adjusting the maximum number
    > of visiting sims. There were also two visitors already on the lot, a
    > couple of neighbors just hanging out. They didn't change into party
    > clothes, just hung around eating chips and watching television.

    I've noticed that NPCs like the maid and gardener and repairperson
    automatically change into formal duds as the wedding starts if they
    happen to be on the lot at the time. They watch the ceremony and then
    immediately jump up and do their jobs. But they hang around until the
    party is over, schmoozing with the guests, too. I know George the maid
    is especially fond of that champagne bottle. <g>

    >> Let us know how it comes out. Take some screenshots and post them
    >> over in alt.binaries.games.thesims to share, too.
    >

    > I took a few camera snaps. I'm not sure how to post those where people
    > can see them. Can someone explain that, please?

    Check to see if your news server carried the group I named above. If it
    does, subscribe to it. Make a post like any other, then use the
    "attach" function to put your screenshots on the post. I'd limit it to
    three pictures per post, to be kind to our friends on dialup
    connections. Once the post has been sent, exit the group and come back
    to it so your post will show up, then use the "reply" function to post
    more pictures if you have them. You will find the photos in the
    Storytelling folder in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims2 if you don't have
    University. If you do, then the photos you take within the game will be
    stored inside the Neighborhood folder. Go to the right neighborhood
    (1=Pleasantville, 2-Strangetown, 3=Veronaville, then your custom
    neighborhoods will be the other numbers)and look in the storytelling
    folder inside. I use the thumbnail view to be able to find what I'm
    looking for, since the game automatically names the .jpegs.

    Jeanie

    Jeanie wrote:

    > IMO, "kaching" is a better cheat for something like that because it
    > gives you 1000 simoleons at a time, instead of 50,000. So, it would
    > seem like a more reasonable "gift."

    Aha! Thanks, I didn't know about that one.

    >> Does anyone know of a clever way to transfer funds that a college
    >> student has from campus to the adult neighborhood? Sean had about
    >> $16,000 when he graduated, what with the grants he and Mack earned,
    >> selling their instruments, and all the tips they made playing. And the
    >> house they bought cost about $16,000. Would have been nice to be able
    >> to just buy the house with that money and still have the $40,000 to
    >> furnish it with, throw the wedding, whatever. Or buy a bigger house
    >> ... they'll need to add on pretty soon. The house is already a bit
    >> tight for them plus one kid.
    >

    > Well, I guess since they automatically get the $20,000 each, they are
    > already money ahead. You can always use the "kaching" cheat 16 times to
    > give the money back to them.

    There is that, about the twenty thousand. Still, since everybody starts
    with that, whether they go to college or not, I thought it might be cool
    to have the extra.

    > I've noticed that NPCs like the maid and gardener and repairperson
    > automatically change into formal duds as the wedding starts if they
    > happen to be on the lot at the time. They watch the ceremony and then
    > immediately jump up and do their jobs. But they hang around until the
    > party is over, schmoozing with the guests, too. I know George the maid
    > is especially fond of that champagne bottle. <g>

    Interesting. There were no other service people at this wedding.
    Definitely no gardener! I set them up in Viper Canyon, desert terrain.
    Nothing but sand, as far as the eye can see. Not even a cactus. But the
    bartender looked good.

    >>> Let us know how it comes out. Take some screenshots and post them
    >>> over in alt.binaries.games.thesims to share, too.
    >>
    >> I took a few camera snaps. I'm not sure how to post those where people
    >> can see them. Can someone explain that, please?
    >

    > Check to see if your news server carried the group I named above. If it
    > does, subscribe to it. Make a post like any other, then use the
    > "attach" function to put your screenshots on the post. I'd limit it to
    > three pictures per post, to be kind to our friends on dialup
    > connections. Once the post has been sent, exit the group and come back
    > to it so your post will show up, then use the "reply" function to post
    > more pictures if you have them. You will find the photos in the
    > Storytelling folder in My Documents/EA Games/The Sims2 if you don't have
    > University. If you do, then the photos you take within the game will be
    > stored inside the Neighborhood folder. Go to the right neighborhood
    > (1=Pleasantville, 2-Strangetown, 3=Veronaville, then your custom
    > neighborhoods will be the other numbers)and look in the storytelling
    > folder inside. I use the thumbnail view to be able to find what I'm
    > looking for, since the game automatically names the .jpegs.

    Yup, I just subscribed to alt.binaries.games.thesims. I'll try to post
    the pictures sometime today. I'll post here and let you know!

    Thanks!

    Morgan

Video Games