voyager84

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Hi Everyone,

I've got a problem, that I hope could find a solution here, since ATI support have not been able to provide me with one.
I've got Radeon X1950PRO and have been using theater mode on a secondary LCD TV. I've had to reinstall Windows XP and since then I cannot use Theater mode. The video would not play on full screen, it is just the same as on the monitor :(

Wolfshadw

Titan
Are you saying that the "Theater Mode" option is not selectable or it just isn't working? When you re-installed XP, did you re-install all of the DotNetFrameworks (and not just the latest)?

-Wolf sends

voyager84

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
Hi,

Theater mode option is selectable, but when I select it, nothing changes, and video plays as in standard dual mode.
I didn't know there's connection between Net Framework and this. Will install all previous versions and will try again.
Thanks for the advice.

voyager84

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
I have tried installing them, but still no luck :(
AMD support are sending me info about Theater Mode and Vista, despite the fact that i have clearly said I am using XP! ... useless.

G

I have the same problem if I use Catalyst drivers higher then 9.1 (9.1 works all higer not)
I have also write to Sapphire but no luck they sad to me that this should work.
I also use Win XP SP3 ENG and 4550 graphic

Theatermode is very good function which I use for years now, but now I realy do not know why this stop
(it has to be some overlay setting)

please for help

G

Sorry I forget to tell that I use HDMI HQ cable and Panasonic Plasma TX P42V10E
4550 have hdmi out direct connected to TV (Windows XP Pro SP3 Eng with all latest frameworks / directx...)
If I use Catalyst 9.1 everithing works fine but if I use 9.10 and 9.11 this function it doesnt work any more
- In display manager you use CLONE
- Under AVIVO VIDEO - Theater Mode -Select The. Mode – In Theater Mode (Full Screen)
- Theater Mode Setting - marked Scale to full Screen

best regards to all and please for help