Antec CP850 850w modular PSU - Suitable for i7?

G

I was getting all geared up to buy and then I'm looking around on the internet and i discover that not all PSU's are compatible with i7. I'm going for a p183 case, and with ebuyer there is a deal for a good quiet PSU - the CP850. Is this going to be OK with the 920 i7 and the ASUS p6t SE ix58?
Thanks for any help, Pete

G

sorry, the search function revealed nothing, a but a quick look below in the forum would have revealed that it seems ok.
Sorry guys!
cant seem to delete this thread...

G

4890 for now, then another in crossfire (hopefully!)
Will also be running a creative x-fi.
only the one terrabyte harddrive tho i think (wanna keep as cool and silent as poss)

G

4890 for now, then another in crossfire (hopefully!)
Will also be running a creative x-fi.
only the one terrabyte harddrive tho i think (wanna keep as cool and silent as poss)

slo

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2008
i dont know if you read this but the CP 850 is NOT an ATX PSU:
From Antecs website:
"CP-850 features a unique design with an advanced cooling system, exclusively compatible with some of Antec's most cutting-edge Gamer and Performance One enclosures, including the Twelve Hundred, P183 and P193"

there are only three Antec cases right now that will take a CPX power supply and if you dont have those you cant get this PSU.

G

Yeh, i'm purchasing a p183 - silent and tasty looking!
But will this have a problem with ATX motherboards (p6t SE) and an i7 920?

G

great, cheers guys!
I've purchased everything - now i've just got to build the thing...
the reason i went with 850 is becuase the CP ones come in 650 and 850 varieties - felt giving a bit of headroom would be worth it.