Overclocking Biostar G31M + E5700

Hi,

I have a Biostar G31M motherboard and an Intel E5700 and for some reason I can't overclock it. I simply can't change the "CPU Frequency Setting" option which seems to be the one I should change in order to overclock my CPU. It is defaulted at 200 and it can't be changed for some reason. The only options in the "Performance" tab that I can actually change are "FSB Voltage" and "Memory Voltage" which I've tried to change and then I couldn't reboot and had to reset the CMOS to get it all back to default settings.

There's another option I'm allowed to change but it's a bit too complicated so I left it alone: "Configure DRAM Timing by SPD [Enabled]". If I disable it a few options show up under it but like I said I left them alone (Enabled).

I've checked Biostar's official site for a Bios flash but they don't recommend doing it, they say it could cause the system to fail or something.

Can anyone pls help?

Thx in advance!
2 answers Last reply
More about overclocking biostar g31m e5700
  1. rafa79 said:
    Hi,

I have a Biostar G31M motherboard and an Intel E5700 and for some reason I can't overclock it. I simply can't change the "CPU Frequency Setting" option which seems to be the one I should change in order to overclock my CPU. It is defaulted at 200 and it can't be changed for some reason. The only options in the "Performance" tab that I can actually change are "FSB Voltage" and "Memory Voltage" which I've tried to change and then I couldn't reboot and had to reset the CMOS to get it all back to default settings.

There's another option I'm allowed to change but it's a bit too complicated so I left it alone: "Configure DRAM Timing by SPD [Enabled]". If I disable it a few options show up under it but like I said I left them alone (Enabled).

I've checked Biostar's official site for a Bios flash but they don't recommend doing it, they say it could cause the system to fail or something.

Can anyone pls help?

Thx in advance!

Ok, I just found the solution for this, I just had to use the + and - keys on the Keypad to change the "CPU Frequency Setting" value instead of the ENTER key which is the default changing key.
  2. Thanks so much for this posting, also had this problem, stupid me, but didn't find the + - keys.

Anyone have any experience updating the bios with these boards?
Ask a new question

Read More

Overclocking Biostar