Windows media player 11

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Media Player
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Windows XP
February 15, 2012 7:57:07 PM

Hello,
My first post hope i'm in the right place. i run wndows media player 11on a XP, pc. my problem is that i have i tunes in the my music folder. and now the wife has got a sony ipod, i installed WMP11, and all the songs and photo's from the my music folder ended up in WMP 11, is there anyway i can keep WMP11 folder somewhere else to stop this happening. and how do i configure WMP 11 to do this, thanks in advance, oh and will it be easy to do.
Regards Gunner :) 

More about : windows media player

February 16, 2012 2:55:28 PM

Sony does not have an iPod, Apple does. Like using Kleenex for everything you blow your nose in.

So your question is.. you use windows media player 11, then you installed windows media player 11, and your music is now in windows media player 11, and you want windows media player 11 to be separate from the windows media player 11 files?

I may be wrong, but that's what I got from reading what you put in.

WMP 11 will read your My Music folder automatically, you can change that though, just go into options and select a different folder for your library. I think it's in Tools - Options - Media Library
February 16, 2012 7:30:33 PM

Hello Again .
Sorry i should have put Sony walkman, the reason i am asking is that for some reason WMP 11 lost all the songs from it's library, then when i clicked add to library, it downloaded the WMP 11 songs, plus all the songs from the itunes library and all the photo's. is there any way i can put WMP 11 somewhere else instead of in my music, and how could i make WMP 11 recognise just that one folder, i hope this makes sense. thank you for any help,
Regards Gunner (clueless O.A.P)
February 16, 2012 7:41:43 PM

Check the place I listed in Tools. You can have it index in any directory you like. It just defaults to "My Music".
!