Toolbar Item

Somehow, something called Blaze Find has added a search
assistant toolbar to my toolbar on the task manager.
This search assistant loads every time I load my computer
even though I uncheck it every time. My adware and
spybot has removed these Blaze Find files, but the
toolbar still loads upon startup.

How do you completely remove a toolbar from the selection
of toolbars on the task manager?
1 answer Last reply
More about toolbar item

    Hi Mike,

    Type the command in RUN box.
    Regsvr32 /u C:\Windows\System32\omniband.dll

    Then, rename C:\Windows\System32\omniband.dll to old omniband.dll and
    restart Windows.

    IMPORTANT:
    1/ Download all the spyware cleaners and run them.
    2/ Update them before scanning, otherwise it's useless to run them.

    Lavasoft Ad-Aware - www.lavasoftusa.com
    SpyBot S&D - http://www.safer-networking.org/
    CWShredder : http://www.spywareinfo.com/~merijn/files/CWShredder.exe

    On next reboot, you will no longer see Search Assistant toolbar, but the Quick Launch settings may not get retained. In that case, try this:

    Open Registry Editor and navigate to:

    HKEY LOCAL MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
    In the right-pane, change the value of Userinit to
    "C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,"

    Type the above value exactly as given, including the comma - exclude the quotes. Also, change the path to userinit.exe approriately, if Windows is installed in a different drive.

    Close Registry Editor and restart Windows. The Quick Launch settings should be retained now.

    More Information: news:e7BM8UReEHA.1692@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl

    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User
    http://www.mvps.org/sramesh2k

    Windows 2000 Group Policy Registry Table:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/techinfo/reskit/en-us/gp/gpref.asp

    "Mike S." <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:c05101c479f7$0aa75d00$a501280a@phx.gbl...
    Somehow, something called Blaze Find has added a search
    assistant toolbar to my toolbar on the task manager.
    This search assistant loads every time I load my computer
    even though I uncheck it every time. My adware and
    spybot has removed these Blaze Find files, but the
    toolbar still loads upon startup.

    How do you completely remove a toolbar from the selection
    of toolbars on the task manager?

Configuration Microsoft Task Manager Windows XP