Best cooler for my 1090t or if i upgrade to the 8 core?

mcniglet

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2010
whats the best out there? i really haven't been keeping up with things lately. i'm thinking of going to the new amd chip but have heard mixed reviews. whats the best cooling solution out now? i have a h70 on my 1090t now and i'm getting close to 4100 with hardly changing the volts. i like the current setup i have but if i decide to go with amds news "best" chip what should i cool it with? i want something quite and with good cooling. anyone have links to some test? whats the best sink/fan setup and how does it compare to the h70 or h100. i'm also thinking of going to a waterblock, radiators, etc. i'm out of the loop guys much input would be very appreciated. thx a plenty in advance :)

Here's good link:
www.frostytech.com

That H70 is a pretty good cooler, and you have a good overclock at 4.1Ghz. The coolers that may be slightly better will not be cheap, so I think for the price you have a nice cooler.
The FX series CPUs are going to be coming out with an all in one water cooling solution, and its a fairly good one. Bulldozer has been shown to hit 4.3- 4.4 on air and as high as 4.6-4.8 on water. Just saw a review yesterday where they hit 4.7 without too much trouble on a FX8150 with the bundled water cooler.