Sign in with
Your question
Closed

9800 GX2 Driver Issue (Code 43)

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
September 26, 2009 9:19:23 PM

After a fresh install of Windows and a driver installation from the original disk, I still cannot get my GX2 running again. The problem started as a simple crash, but after rebooting Windows would not recognize the card.

Now I'm getting this error under device manager:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I've tried Driver Sweeper to completely remove old drivers and registry files, and I've even wiped my whole primary drive clean after a second install of Windows. I'm still getting that same error.

I've tried the newest driver, the newest beta drivers, as well as the drivers off the disk that came packaged with the video card. Still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Best solution

October 22, 2009 9:46:02 PM

Sounds like you have to return that card, that's what I'm doing right now. I think it was related to the Nvidia drivers that came out Sept 27 2009, but I don't know for sure. Seems like more people have had problems with these cards now
February 2, 2010 3:42:42 PM

Zacharia said:
After a fresh install of Windows and a driver installation from the original disk, I still cannot get my GX2 running again. The problem started as a simple crash, but after rebooting Windows would not recognize the card.

Now I'm getting this error under device manager:

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

I've tried Driver Sweeper to completely remove old drivers and registry files, and I've even wiped my whole primary drive clean after a second install of Windows. I'm still getting that same error.

I've tried the newest driver, the newest beta drivers, as well as the drivers off the disk that came packaged with the video card. Still no luck.

Any suggestions?

Hey there,
I am having the EXACTLY same problem with my XFX 9800GT.
Tried Driver Sweeper and latest drivers from nivida site but still getting "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)" in device manager.
Since your post seems to be a little old, id like to know how you've dealth with it?
Score
Related resources
March 19, 2010 8:32:27 PM

Hello! This post will certainly make someone's day :)  I've discovered a way to make our 9800gx2 cards work! How? Well, after numerous BSODs, flickerings, artifacts, reboots and whatnot, i've rolled back to the manufacturer's drivers for my respective card - i've got gigabyte GeForce 9800gx2, so i went and downgraded my drivers to

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/VGA/Driver_Model.asp...

Note that downgrading to the supplied DVD drivers failed, as did newer drivers.

The code 43 dissapeared and the card works properly. This proves it that (in my case), it's not hardware fault, but messy drivers - shame on you, Nvidia! :) 

This will help the owners of the Gigabyte model 9800gx2 cards, using the link above, on windows 7 - it may help on other windows builds too, but i haven't tried it.

Right now i'm toggling reinstalation of the newer drivers for newer games, and when they fail (and they do), i rollback manually to the above mentioned drivers - rinse and repeat.

Score
a c 272 U Graphics card
a b \ Driver
October 21, 2010 4:24:56 PM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!