nothingavailable

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
hey guys,

I know we're in year 2010 and noone probably even uses the p4t-e mobo anymore...but i am just trying to learn some overclocking techniques...and i've decided to play around with this mobo i had laying around...

anyways my problem is i took out the old 1.6 GHz CPU from this motherboard and switched it with a 2.6 GHz but in order for the mobo to recognize the new cpu i have to update the bios...

I've tried doing this with the flashA that Asus provides...i put this file on a floppy and booted the comp...but i get the "disk not recognized and press any key to continue"

do you know how I can do this? or is there an easier way...

thank you

nothingavailable

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
no i didn't do that...i didn't even know i had to do that...i always thought that DOS was placed in a permanent part of the computer...so where do i get and how do i install a bootable DOS?...and thank you for your quick response

nothingavailable

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
it still says "remove disk or other media. press any key to restart"...maybe i didn't do it right...i downloaded the file from the link you provided it and I copy/pasted it into my floppy disk...could it be something else?

nothingavailable

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
thanks man...i did it with your instructions and the weblink....however i still have a problem with the mobo not recognizing my p4 at 2.6 GHz cpu..i can run it at about 1.7GHz...the multiplier shows as 13x and the max FSB is 133mhz.. Do you have any experience with this board or do you know how I can configure it to work as 2.6Ghz( this would be no overclocking whatsoever)....and I am trying to do this through bios without tweaking the switch and the jumper

nothingavailable

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2010
unfortunately my CPU is not on that list. I have 800 MHz FSB instead of the 400 FSB, L2 cache:512KB....so i guess there is nothing i can do right?...but thanks anyways...you gave me some good advice