Can't open desktop icons.

otoka

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2012
Hello,
Downloaded avast. It knocked out my internet connection and I had to uninstall it to restore the net. Now I can't open desktop icons that are on the net. I have tried all suggetions but nothing works. Please help

Windows restore to date prior to the download of AVAST.

I have installed AVAST, on a few systems, never had this problem. What was the download site ?

Kerbion

Honorable
Feb 16, 2012

Hi,

I have seen this issue before.

About 2 months ago, I was working on a computer for a friend, he had a pretty nasty virus on his computer, when I installed AVAST and his internet connection died right after the install, so I restarted the computer, when it came back up I couldn't even open AVAST, the shortcut would open Window's Media Player instead, so I rebooted in safe-mode with networking, updated the virus definitions, and did a scan, 4 virus's were found, restarted the computer tried to access Avast, and still could not, restarted in safe-made again, scheduled a pre-boot scan, and it cleaned the computer right up.

So moral of the story, install Avast, start in safe mode with networking, update the definitions, schedule a pre-boot scan within AVAST, and you should be taken care of.

TRENDING THREADS