Installing nvidia 9600 gt

w4rpath

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
hi guys i am new to this forum. a good friend sent me an nvidia 9600 gt and i cant seem to make it work. I installed the card d/l the drivers when the pc is powering up it shows on the black screen that the card is being read , but i log into windows i head to device manager and it is not picked up, so if i try installing the drivers it does not work because its detecting the onboard video i suppose.

now i install my old ati card back in , everything works perfect even tho i had deleted its drivers. i don't have to mess with bios or anything just plug and play.

im on vista 32 bit

mother board is mcp61pm-gm

card is a pci-e

any advice is appreciated

this is the card

http://cgi.ebay.com/512-MB-nVidia-GeForce-9600-GT-PCI-E-Video-Card-S-Video_W0QQitemZ260482236075QQcmdZViewItemQQptZPCC_Video_TV_Cards?hash=item3ca5f37eab&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

can't wait to get this baby fired up.

w4rpath

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
ok tried the sweeper , still nothing . i reinstalled the geforce and the device manager shows standard vga graphics adapter.

tried installing nvidia drivers , they keep telling me i dont have vista 32bit.and i do.

and when i go into the bios i don't see any onboard video disable option , if its called something else in vista bios plz let me know because i don't see anything named remotely close.

w4rpath

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
it very well may have but has no signs of damage , i wanna thank everyone for their help , im sending this card back to my homie! hes gonna figure something out hehe.