Nice site for Houseplans

Last response: in Video Games
August 24, 2005 3:19:59 PM

If you're into building homes for your Sims... this site has a lot of ideas
and downloadable plans.

http://www.houseoftheweek.com

Enjoy...

More about : nice site houseplans

Anonymous
August 24, 2005 6:04:29 PM

"fëawen" <feawen0704@do-u-yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If you're into building homes for your Sims... this site has a lot of
> ideas
> and downloadable plans.
>
> http://www.houseoftheweek.com
>
> Enjoy...

Thank you!!!

Joy
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 8:23:57 PM

fëawen wrote:
> If you're into building homes for your Sims... this site has a lot of ideas
> and downloadable plans.
>
> http://www.houseoftheweek.com
>
> Enjoy...

Nice site. I like searching by house style, too, so I use this one
sometimes.

http://www.theplancollection.com/

Jeanie
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 8:23:58 PM

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> fëawen wrote:
>> If you're into building homes for your Sims... this site has a lot of
>> ideas
>> and downloadable plans.
>>
>> http://www.houseoftheweek.com
>>
>> Enjoy...
>>

> Nice site. I like searching by house style, too, so I use this one
> sometimes.
>
> http://www.theplancollection.com/
>
> Jeanie

Thanks Jeanie!

Joy
Anonymous
August 24, 2005 9:48:33 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 11:19:59 -0400, "fëawen"
<feawen0704@do-u-yahoo.com> wrote:

>If you're into building homes for your Sims... this site has a lot of ideas
>and downloadable plans.

I like the search thing! Thanks!
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous

"Jeanie" <taureanmoon@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> fëawen wrote:
>> If you're into building homes for your Sims... this site has a lot of
>> ideas
>> and downloadable plans.
>>
>> http://www.houseoftheweek.com
>>
>> Enjoy...
>>

> Nice site. I like searching by house style, too, so I use this one
> sometimes.
>
> http://www.theplancollection.com/
>
> Jeanie

I like eplans.com

http://www.eplans.com/
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 7:17:09 AM

>It's very difficult to come up with a nice home that a brand-new family
>(§20K available) can afford.

I gave up on 20k houses for that very reason. Plus I found them boring
to play. Saving up so you can afford to wallpaper the kitchen isn't
much fun.

80k seems to bare minmiun for a nice house for me.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 10:09:25 AM

"fëawen" <feawen0704@do-u-yahoo.com> wrote:

>If you're into building homes for your Sims... this site has a lot of ideas
>and downloadable plans.
>
>http://www.houseoftheweek.com
>
>Enjoy...

I use http://www.dreamhomesource.com for plans; I've found a bunch of
plans that I like that are buildable in TS2, and have built lots based
on them and uploaded them (usually with a name like "DHS 666 - 1BR 1BA")
to the Sims 2 Lot Exchange. Some have been roaring successes, with over
40 downloads; most have, by now, aged off/been purged by Maxis. Right
now, I have four plans on the exchange - DHS 49148 and DHS 36748 are
high-end lots, §94K and §77K, and DHS 4015 is a good upgrade for a
couple at §24K.

(DHS 36748 was uploaded three times because the first two times, the
upload reported failure/timeout. The "failure" seems to have been
bogus. Total downloads of all three copies is 43, rating ***)

The fourth lot is "Prefab 1", essentially a proof-of-concept for a
non-Sims project I'm working on - the lot is, basically, a 40-foot-by-
10-foot trailer home.

(I don't leave unfinished drywall or plywood floors, but I upload the
lots unfurnished. Bathrooms and kitchens have necessary fixtures and
appliances when uploaded.)

I've discovered that, in practice, when converting house plans from
reality to The Sims, the scale that seems to work best is a
slightly-distorted 2.5-feet-equals-one-square conversion. It makes some
rooms look smaller when furnished than reality, but larger when empty
(because doors and windows are "underrepresented") - but sims appear to
like the results OK. Prices come out a little on the high side, IMO;
it's very difficult to come up with a nice home that a brand-new family
(§20K available) can afford.

--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com

BombayMix wrote:
>>It's very difficult to come up with a nice home that a brand-new family
>>(§20K available) can afford.
>

> I gave up on 20k houses for that very reason. Plus I found them boring
> to play. Saving up so you can afford to wallpaper the kitchen isn't
> much fun.

Gawd, no! It's far too much like real life then! LOL

Jeanie

> 80k seems to bare minmiun for a nice house for me.

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:46:58 PM

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote:

>>It's very difficult to come up with a nice home that a brand-new family
>>(§20K available) can afford.
>
>I gave up on 20k houses for that very reason. Plus I found them boring
>to play. Saving up so you can afford to wallpaper the kitchen isn't
>much fun.
>
>80k seems to bare minmiun for a nice house for me.

No, I've gotten nice houses for a couple or a family with one child for
50K-60K unfurnished. 80K is already getting up into LARGE houses - 3
and 4 bedrooms, usually with large living rooms and/or great rooms, and
probably even some real landscaping work. The 50Ks tend to be mid-range
DHS plans, done to the 2.5' square scale.

I'm beginning to think that at that scale, an unfurnished house runs
roughly 25K per 1000 sq. ft.

THINGS I'D LIKE TO SEE: Lots that can be placed adjacent to each other,
with widths of one lotbin square (25 ft) and 2 lotbin squares (50 ft),
and able to build right up to the edge of the lot; these would make it
possible to build real row housing or brownstones - the current lots and
restrictions on building force a Sims town to be suburban; you can't do
a small urban area.
--
Jeff Zeitlin
jzeitlin@cyburban.com