Temprature phenom 965

donkeywax

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
ive overclocked my 965 to 4014mhz and want to know whether my temps are ok, without telling you what mine are can any give me temp range i should stay within,

ive read quite a few threads on subject and opinion seems to vairey quite a lot,
any help really appretiacted,

sorry about the spelling thanks

Onlyusemeisaac

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2011
I have a 965, and you don't want to be going any higher than 58 - 60C really. I run about 45C while gaming, but I have a pretty good cooler: http://noctua.at/main.php?show=productview&products_id=31&lng=en. As long as you're sub 58C at all times (eg under load), you're pretty much okay.

donkeywax

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
ive only got stock cooler, prime95 levels off at 75c,
realworld desktop internet between 40-45,
is there a way i can moniter temps during gaming im a real neeb at overclocking,

donkeywax

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
after a bit more research i know your going to tell me my temps are to high,
could you please recomend a cooler,
ive got three exhaust fans and one intake at the front of my case,
not sure what cpu cooler best fit with this,
thinking either air cooler fan blowing direction of air flow,
or somthing like h70,
but where would i mount radiator fit with my system layout,
thankyou

donkeywax

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
i know ive posted three times, but have checked out your link and i think your cooler looks perfect, i know what im buying for christmas thankyou,
still can you please tell me how i check my temps during gaming,
and why when i test cpu speed its higher when im not running any other programmes,
the difference about 50mhz

Considering the H70 price range I'll recommend this cooling solution, Now let me explain why.

I am right now running an AMD 965BE overclocked to 3900mhz running the Noctua NH-D14 in passive mode, meaning the only airflow the heat sink is getting is case airflow at 56C load.

Adding it's cooling fans back to the Noctua NH-D14 drops that load temperature by 11C with a 23C ambient room temperature, additionally you can use higher CFM fans and replace the stock fans for even better cooling.

This is one CPU cooler that higher CFM fans do yield better cooling as some coolers do not.

My 2 cents on the subject.

donkeywax

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2011
thanks for your help, ive put my bios settings back to normal,
and will buy a new cooler before trying again,
i was actually thinking 212 evo as its a lot cheaper and i see saint19 got a 212+
saint19 have you bought extra fan for it, if so what did you go with,
thanks again for your help

I had it with single fan, temps was good at load (47ºC i think). Easy mount and excellent price/performance, if you want go with another fan for push/pull, go with one of this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103060