Sign in with
Your question

First Build! Cooling System & Case ideas For Core i5-2500K

Last response: in Overclocking
November 24, 2011 6:47:36 PM

I'm very new to this whole scene but I've been reading reviews, forums, articles, etc across multiple sites. Tom's Hardware as been the most helpful and has brought a great concern to my attention. The first thing I should be considering is a compatible cooling system that works with the motherboard and CPU I've decided to go with. Which is:

CPU: Core i5-2500K
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3

I am trying to create a great gaming build but I've also taken up an interest in a hobby. I want to design an xbox 360 game. The hobby is what attracted me to this site and all I've learned. Making my own build is another crazy idea of mine, but I feel as long as I do the research it'll pay off. So I'm looking for gaming build that can also handle some 3D design software as well as graphics software, fully compatible with directX 11 and hardware 3D acceleration. Also I will developing XNA framework for xbox 360.

My main question (based on an article stating that a cooling system and chasis to support it should be the first thing to consider):

What cooling systems and case would work well for ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 and Core i5-2500K?

Any other answers or advice would be great and appreciated!

(I am trying to keep my budget reasonable but there are components I refuse to cheap out on. So options are good too)
November 25, 2011 11:09:53 AM

tman0013 said:
I'm very new to this whole scene but I've been reading reviews, forums, articles, etc across multiple sites. Tom's Hardware as been the most helpful and has brought a great concern to my attention. The first thing I should be considering is a compatible cooling system that works with the motherboard and CPU I've decided to go with. Which is:

CPU: Core i5-2500K
Motherboard: ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3

I am trying to create a great gaming build but I've also taken up an interest in a hobby. I want to design an xbox 360 game. The hobby is what attracted me to this site and all I've learned. Making my own build is another crazy idea of mine, but I feel as long as I do the research it'll pay off. So I'm looking for gaming build that can also handle some 3D design software as well as graphics software, fully compatible with directX 11 and hardware 3D acceleration. Also I will developing XNA framework for xbox 360.

My main question (based on an article stating that a cooling system and chasis to support it should be the first thing to consider):

What cooling systems and case would work well for ASRock Z68 Extreme7 Gen3 and Core i5-2500K?

Any other answers or advice would be great and appreciated!

(I am trying to keep my budget reasonable but there are components I refuse to cheap out on. So options are good too)

Don't cheap out on the monitor or PSU.
m
l
!