Gigabyte's BIOS is killing me. Where is my Vcore

stephanisk

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hello,

I am a real fan of Gigabyte's motherboards, but for the first time they are killing me with their GA-Z68AP-D3 rev. 2.0.

I have been tuning and OC'ing my system for the past hours BUT i have one remaining terrible issue. How to get a read on my Vcore in their BIOS. As you can imagine CPU-Z is not supporting my board, i am now running at 4.8 Ghz and it shows as core voltage: 1.056, i guess that is toooo good to be true. ( yes it is, i guess my vcore is around 1.37 for the moment.)

In their Intelligent Tweaker section i will get a read on my vcore and the only place i can actually change my vcore is called Dynamic Vcore in the advanced voltage settings tab. There i can only choose butween + or - 0.000, 0.005, 0.010, and so on.

The fact is nowhere i can really read what my actual Vcore is set too, i have been trial and error and when i set it to + 0.000 and i reboot it gives me vcore 1.3000 ok, so i assume it is my basic setting for gigabyte so i overclock ( i5 2500k) from 3.3 to 3.8 keeping at 1.3000 i reboot and have a look and it states 1.3000, i keep going and OC to 4.5 Ghz i reboot and check and it says 1.32000, but what the HELL i kept the dynamic Vcore on +0.000, i even disabled CLL, and everything else that might switch the Vcores automatically.

Does ANYBODY faced the same problems with gigabyte, and how the h... do i solve this issue, what is my Vcore.

I am now oc'ing to 4.8 with a dynamic Vcore of +0.060 and this seems to be quite stable at a temp of the 4 cores of 63, 68, 63, 61). Rather sad that the second one is jumping higher than the rest, How much higher do you think we can go on this one core? 72 degrees?

Thanks for any input on this matter, it is driving me mad. I have looked and found a youtube movie of a Z68 gigabyte motherboard, where the bios was completely differnt and it clearly stated the Vcore voltage.

Hope to read my solution here. :bounce:

benikens

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2011
I have a x68x-ud7 and to find my vcore its under the MIT section then the voltages section, however mine is like what you describe in the youtube video it clearly states Vcore and i can directly change it's value. Have you tried updating bios? elsewise i think you have to adjust it using the offset value you've found.

jmacphee9

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
i have the same issue with my z68x ud3h b3. its really weird but ive been playing around with all of my voltage settings and rebooting just to test what it is actually effecting in hwmonitor:/ ill report anything i find..