I7 System build question

I am having a problem with a system I just built. Here is a list of components

i7 920 2.66mhz processor
6gb OCZ memory
Crucial 64gb SSD
Asus P6T mobo
Sony AD-7240S-0B DVD burner

I've made sure all my hardware connections are good.

This is the sequence.

1. I power on the system.

2. Asus mobo window BOIS comes up.

3. A screen that says;

"JMicron Technology Corp. PCIE-to-SATAII/IDE RAID Controller BIOS v1.06.78P
Copyright (C) 2005 JMicron Technology. http://www.jmicron.com

HDD): CRUCIAL_CT64M225 64 GB

Press any key to continue...

(Without hitting any keys or buttons)

4. After that I get a message that says;

"Reboot and select proper boot device
or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key"

What are some settings to check in the BIOS. All the SATA listings say auto next to them. I have not changed anything except for the time in the BIOS.

Any help would be appreciated!
7 answers Last reply
More about system build question
  1. hit del as you power on to enter the BIOS [ probably del , but it does vary ]

change the boot order to be dvd as first drive

put a windows disk in the drive and then hit the reset button
  2. Outlander_04 said:
    hit del as you power on to enter the BIOS [ probably del , but it does vary ]

change the boot order to be dvd as first drive

put a windows disk in the drive and then hit the reset button

Tried that with the same results.
  3. maybe you have your system set to boot from the raid. disable the raid and make sure the first boot device is your cd-rom or hard drive.
  4. Let me ask this. I have both the DVD and HD connected to the bright orange SATA connections on the motherboard. Should they both be connected to the same bank of connections or at all? I saw a little sticker on those connections(SATA 0 and 1) and I think it has something on there about RAID. I don't have the board in front of me at the moment and I'm trying to download the manual on a very slow connection at work.ing
  5. Yes, it can make a difference. I'm guessing you have them plugged into the RAID connectors on the board. I would reconnect them to the other SATA connectors (normally, I've seen them as the black ones)
  6. yup...
  7. Moving the connection to the other ports got it working and let me tell you this machine is screaming. I kind of rushed through building this system for my friend. I figured they(the motherboard man.) were helping me out by making the ports to connect your primary and secondary drives to ports 0 and 1 on the orange set but there are other ports labeled 0 and 1. I just over looked them. OOOOPS! My bad. Thanks for your help guys. I feel like an idiot. ; )
Ask a new question

Read More

New Build Intel i7 Systems