Nightlife Maxis chat summary

Last response: in Video Games
August 25, 2005 12:30:35 AM

Vampires:
*Marryable, Playable sims, creatable in CAS.
*They can bite other sims and turn them into vampires.
*They can turn into bats and fly around the room and under tables and
chairs.
*Their motives don’t go down at night.
*They have a plush coffin.
*Their motive decrease very fast in sunlight [if you take them outside
in the daytime] and replenish in coffin.
*They can have vampire babies.

*Teens can go on dates downtown.

*There is Karaoke and sims with high creativity sound better (like
instruments, same with bowling and body skill, and maybe for cards,
logic?)

*NPC-Matchmaker: You can pay to set your sims up on dates. The more
you pay, the better the date

Over 130 new objects including Perfume that you can buy downtown and
act as one of the new Turn off/on.

You can woohoo in cars

Car types: Sedan, Pickup, sports car, Hatchback (there is supposed to
be one more.. dunno what)

Leather jackets and more men’s hairstyles.

Plenty of new music and stations.

New “townies”. {Better looking than Goopy they say}

There is a “disco light floor”.

You sims can drop their kids off at school.

Unfortunately they did not answer about how vampires are supposed to
make money. I suppose they must either have amassed a fortune already,
get some ghouls(zombies), or familiars(human slaves). I dont think
vampires will be too good at holding normal jobs. According to the
gamespot reviewer they sleep 12 hours a day which implies they are
simply not up at those times. On the other hand, you can connect your
house to a garage, and vamps dont die from sunlight right away, it
just drains their motives... so perhaps they CAN work normally. I
dunno.

One other thing I'd like to see answered is what happens when people
start work at different times. Does a carpool arrive for the other
person? How does it know which one is using the car? Or do you need
several cars?
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous

Guardian Pegasus wrote:
> Vampires:
> *Marryable, Playable sims, creatable in CAS.
> *They can bite other sims and turn them into vampires.
> *They can turn into bats and fly around the room and under tables and
> chairs.
> *Their motives don't go down at night.
> *They have a plush coffin.
> *Their motive decrease very fast in sunlight [if you take them outside
> in the daytime] and replenish in coffin.
> *They can have vampire babies.
>
> *Teens can go on dates downtown.
>
> *There is Karaoke and sims with high creativity sound better (like
> instruments, same with bowling and body skill, and maybe for cards,
> logic?)
>
> *NPC-Matchmaker: You can pay to set your sims up on dates. The more
> you pay, the better the date
>
> Over 130 new objects including Perfume that you can buy downtown and
> act as one of the new Turn off/on.
>
> You can woohoo in cars
>
> Car types: Sedan, Pickup, sports car, Hatchback (there is supposed to
> be one more.. dunno what)
>
> Leather jackets and more men's hairstyles.
>
> Plenty of new music and stations.
>
> New "townies". {Better looking than Goopy they say}
>
> There is a "disco light floor".
>
> You sims can drop their kids off at school.
>

> Unfortunately they did not answer about how vampires are supposed to
> make money. I suppose they must either have amassed a fortune already,
> get some ghouls(zombies), or familiars(human slaves). I dont think
> vampires will be too good at holding normal jobs. According to the
> gamespot reviewer they sleep 12 hours a day which implies they are
> simply not up at those times. On the other hand, you can connect your
> house to a garage, and vamps dont die from sunlight right away, it
> just drains their motives... so perhaps they CAN work normally. I
> dunno.
>
> One other thing I'd like to see answered is what happens when people
> start work at different times. Does a carpool arrive for the other
> person? How does it know which one is using the car? Or do you need
> several cars?
> --
>

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo

===========
I have mine preordered and am trying not to think about it...it hurts
to much!
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 12:32:13 AM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:30:35 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
<nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>Vampires:
>*Marryable, Playable sims, creatable in CAS.
>*They can bite other sims and turn them into vampires.
>*They can turn into bats and fly around the room and under tables and
>chairs.
>*Their motives don’t go down at night.
>*They have a plush coffin.
>*Their motive decrease very fast in sunlight [if you take them outside
>in the daytime] and replenish in coffin.
>*They can have vampire babies.
>
>*Teens can go on dates downtown.
>
>*There is Karaoke and sims with high creativity sound better (like
>instruments, same with bowling and body skill, and maybe for cards,
>logic?)
>
>*NPC-Matchmaker: You can pay to set your sims up on dates. The more
>you pay, the better the date
>
>Over 130 new objects including Perfume that you can buy downtown and
>act as one of the new Turn off/on.
>
>You can woohoo in cars
>
>Car types: Sedan, Pickup, sports car, Hatchback (there is supposed to
>be one more.. dunno what)
>
>Leather jackets and more men’s hairstyles.
>
>Plenty of new music and stations.
>
>New “townies”. {Better looking than Goopy they say}
>
>There is a “disco light floor”.
>
>You sims can drop their kids off at school.
>

>Unfortunately they did not answer about how vampires are supposed to
>make money. I suppose they must either have amassed a fortune already,
>get some ghouls(zombies), or familiars(human slaves). I dont think
>vampires will be too good at holding normal jobs. According to the
>gamespot reviewer they sleep 12 hours a day which implies they are
>simply not up at those times. On the other hand, you can connect your
>house to a garage, and vamps dont die from sunlight right away, it
>just drains their motives... so perhaps they CAN work normally. I
>dunno.
>
>One other thing I'd like to see answered is what happens when people
>start work at different times. Does a carpool arrive for the other
>person? How does it know which one is using the car? Or do you need
>several cars?

Someone posted further down:
"Don't forget the minivan. And each sim can have his/her own car, and
it can be assigned to that particular sim. And if you don't want
vampires in your game, they are avoidable."

Sweet :-)
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Related resources

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:30:35 +0200, Guardian Pegasus
> <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote:

>>One other thing I'd like to see answered is what happens when people
>>start work at different times. Does a carpool arrive for the other
>>person? How does it know which one is using the car? Or do you need
>>several cars?
>
> Someone posted further down:
> "Don't forget the minivan. And each sim can have his/her own car, and
> it can be assigned to that particular sim. And if you don't want
> vampires in your game, they are avoidable."
>
> Sweet :-)

More than one car is Great... and so is avoiding Vampires if desired.
I'm NOT into Vampires! But may change my mind like I did with Uni...
Sage
> --
>

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
> him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:03:57 AM

of course, now that we know vampires have babies, you know what I have
to do.

See if I can have vampire alien babies.

-georg
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 1:23:09 AM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:30:35 +0200 Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> *They can have vampire babies.
awwwww

> You can woohoo in cars
yay!

> Leather jackets and more men’s hairstyles.

Well, THAT's about time!! I had to download so many hairstyles because Maxs
insist that guys can't be sexy...

> New “townies”. {Better looking than Goopy they say}

It's hard for them to look worse than Goopy ;)

> Unfortunately they did not answer about how vampires are supposed to
> make money. I suppose they must either have amassed a fortune already,
> get some ghouls(zombies), or familiars(human slaves). I dont think
> vampires will be too good at holding normal jobs. According to the
> gamespot reviewer they sleep 12 hours a day which implies they are
> simply not up at those times. On the other hand, you can connect your
> house to a garage, and vamps dont die from sunlight right away, it
> just drains their motives... so perhaps they CAN work normally. I
> dunno.

Maybe you can rob your victims when you bite them? *G*

> One other thing I'd like to see answered is what happens when people
> start work at different times. Does a carpool arrive for the other
> person? How does it know which one is using the car? Or do you need
> several cars?

I guess the first who goes will use the car and the rest won't

Dorte
August 25, 2005 1:30:26 AM

"Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
> of course, now that we know vampires have babies, you know what I have to
> do.
>
> See if I can have vampire alien babies.
>
> -georg

NO,NO,NO!!! I haven't even had an Alien baby!
You are Evil... or should that be an Adventuress. ;-))))
Sage
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 2:00:28 AM

Sage wrote:
> "Georg" <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote in message
>
>>of course, now that we know vampires have babies, you know what I have to
>>do.
>>
>>See if I can have vampire alien babies.
>>
>>-georg
>

> NO,NO,NO!!! I haven't even had an Alien baby!
> You are Evil... or should that be an Adventuress. ;-))))
> Sage

I don't have a sim family without aliens at the moment. But then, the
flamingos let them gaze for 3 days straight, and by then they are
abducted. It's not terribly difficult. But it does mean the family tree
doesn't fork. My fun expirament with genetics.

-georg
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 2:14:20 AM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:23:09 +0200, Dorte Schünecke
<schueneckeDELETE@web.de> wrote:

>> *They can have vampire babies.
>awwwww

BLADE! :-D

>> You can woohoo in cars
>yay!

Gotta admit, looking forward to this one... hope it's possible to
drive to "lookout" and "makeout" spots <g>

>Maybe you can rob your victims when you bite them? *G*

Ooh, that's not a bad idea. I hope it's like that. That you get their
funds, provided their single, of course.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 2:37:55 AM

<snip>

Isn't that from the chat that was months ago? The chat is tomorrow, 5 pm
Central Time (my time),
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 3:43:14 AM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:03:57 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:

>of course, now that we know vampires have babies, you know what I have
>to do.
>
>See if I can have vampire alien babies.

I've already bred an army of alien zombie clones :-) Can hardly wait
to make an alien vampire zombie clone army!
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
August 25, 2005 3:43:15 AM

> On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 21:03:57 GMT, Georg <thegeorg@stny.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>of course, now that we know vampires have babies, you know what I have
>>to do.
>>
>>See if I can have vampire alien babies.
>
> I've already bred an army of alien zombie clones :-) Can hardly wait
> to make an alien vampire zombie clone army!

Sounds like you guys will have more fun than I will...
I mostly want the "Stuff".
Sage
> --
>

> I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat
> him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 3:43:44 AM

On 24 Aug 2005 13:33:04 -0700, "JulyRaine" <julyraine@msn.com> wrote:

>I have mine preordered and am trying not to think about it...it hurts
>to much!

That you can't get your hands on it yet, or your wallet? :-)
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 6:31:42 AM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> Someone posted further down:
> "Don't forget the minivan. And each sim can have his/her own car, and
> it can be assigned to that particular sim.

I wonder if teenage sims get the option to ask parents for the car for a
date...

--
--Cuth
Anonymous

>>of course, now that we know vampires have babies, you know what I have
>>to do.

>>See if I can have vampire alien babies.

>I've already bred an army of alien zombie clones :-) Can hardly wait
>to make an alien vampire zombie clone army!

Nearest I've got is a one green skinned girl at uni. I supposed
technically she not an alien as she was made in CAS and changed to be
green skinned via SimPe. She got a tail and pair of angel wings too!

I reckon it be great if you could have a haunted house with all the
zombies and vampires in. The sims could visit it and spend the night.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 7:12:39 AM

>>New "townies". {Better looking than Goopy they say}

>It's hard for them to look worse than Goopy ;)

That's a face only his mother can love! Thank good for SimPe. Only
some of the Maxis kids exist in my custom neighbourhood. Every one else
has been totally changed.

Still a few original ones wandering around uni too. Mainly the blokes
as I haven't found anything decent to change them into. (How come no
one has English footy shirts!!)

It's not only the looks that get go me about the Maxis townies but
the awful clothes. And why do half of them seem identical to the other
half and/or share the same name as another townie?!

I foresee loads more tweaking via SimPe.
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 5:51:22 PM

On Thu, 25 Aug 2005 02:31:42 GMT, Cuthbert Gurdlestone
<chgurdlestone1154@earthlink.net> wrote:

>I wonder if teenage sims get the option to ask parents for the car for a
>date...

Well, you can assign the car to a sim... hopefully you can assign them
to teens too. If not, be sure someone will hack it.
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 5:52:21 PM

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005 22:37:55 -0500, "Jeremy Reaban"
<trancejeremy@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"Guardian Pegasus" <nobody@nowhere.xxx> wrote in message
><snip>
>
>Isn't that from the chat that was months ago? The chat is tomorrow, 5 pm
>Central Time (my time),

I have NO idea. Looks recent enough for me LOL You're right, there's
another chat today, can't wait to see :-)
--

I'm going to corner Miami attorney Jack Thompson in a dark alley and beat him to death with my pink lawn flamingo
Anonymous
August 25, 2005 10:22:16 PM

They do have some posted at ModTheSims2.....

"BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>New "townies". {Better looking than Goopy they say}
>
>>It's hard for them to look worse than Goopy ;)
>
> That's a face only his mother can love! Thank good for SimPe. Only
> some of the Maxis kids exist in my custom neighbourhood. Every one else
> has been totally changed.
>
> Still a few original ones wandering around uni too. Mainly the blokes
> as I haven't found anything decent to change them into. (How come no
> one has English footy shirts!!)
>
> It's not only the looks that get go me about the Maxis townies but
> the awful clothes. And why do half of them seem identical to the other
> half and/or share the same name as another townie?!
>
> I foresee loads more tweaking via SimPe.

Anonymous
August 25, 2005 11:44:38 PM

Guardian Pegasus wrote:

> New "townies". {Better looking than Goopy they say}

I've noticed from University that all NPC sims are created from the
facial templates that you can see when you create a sim. Essentially,
it's one random facial template, a hair style and color, a skin color,
and clothing. Are they adding more facial templates, or have they
changed the way townies are generated?

Because that's the problem right there. A look at the male facial
templates revealed that, in my opinion at least, most of them are
pretty ass-ugly, like 4 out of 5. And for the ones that aren't
necessarily butt-ugly, the sim himself is usually ugly because of a
hideous hairstyle. (Which comprise 2 out of every 3 hairstyles)

So if they haven't changed that, there are still gonna be plenty of
guys with huge lips, pug noses and bad hair.

August 26, 2005 3:33:15 AM

The chat transcipt has been posted:

http://thesims2.ea.com/community/chat_08_25_05.php

I'm off to read it now...
Sage

"bd85tx" <bd85tx@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> They do have some posted at ModTheSims2.....
>

> "BombayMix" <bombaymix@altavista.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>It's hard for them to look worse than Goopy ;)
>>
>> That's a face only his mother can love! Thank good for SimPe. Only
>> some of the Maxis kids exist in my custom neighbourhood. Every one else
>> has been totally changed.
>>
>> Still a few original ones wandering around uni too. Mainly the blokes
>> as I haven't found anything decent to change them into. (How come no
>> one has English footy shirts!!)
>>
>> It's not only the looks that get go me about the Maxis townies but
>> the awful clothes. And why do half of them seem identical to the other
>> half and/or share the same name as another townie?!
>>
>> I foresee loads more tweaking via SimPe.

Anonymous
August 26, 2005 11:27:33 AM

"Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
> The chat transcipt has been posted:
>
> http://thesims2.ea.com/community/chat_08_25_05.php
>
> I'm off to read it now...
> Sage

Jolly good. Did they mention how big it will be once installed?

Worried of Coseley.
August 26, 2005 11:31:50 PM

"Veronica L" <marrowjam@[reallywild]blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Sage" <lbee@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message
>> The chat transcipt has been posted:
>>
>> http://thesims2.ea.com/community/chat_08_25_05.php
>>
>> I'm off to read it now...
>> Sage
>>

> Jolly good. Did they mention how big it will be once installed?

NO... I don't think so. But reading the sys. requirements awhile ago, it
seems the same as the first two. Which is a Minimum that wouldn't or
couldn't work smoothly.(IMHO)
I have lots of room on my HD and not TOO many downloads this time so I
haven't really paid much attention to size.
Sage