Your question

Timings for 800 MHz DDR2 RAM at 1 GHz

Tags:
  • Memory
  • Overclocking
Last response: in Overclocking
November 25, 2011 4:47:48 PM

Ello everyone,

In order to garner a little bit more performance, I've increased my computer's FSB from 200 MHz to 250 MHz as my motherboard does not allow me to overclock the processor directly.

This has, of course, overclocked my RAM as well, pushing it from 800 MHz to 1 GHz. I've experienced occasional BSODs, as well as voice acting misbehaving in Skyrim(Basically, when I'm engaged in dialogue, the next sound file for the character will play a second or so early, right as the character is finishing up the previous phrase. Not game-breaking by any means, but annoying. It's also caused WoW to periodically run into memory errors and crash.). What would I be aiming to set my timings at to eliminate the BSODs and the glitches?

It's two 2 GB sticks of DDR2, with base timings of 6-6-6.

Thank you oh so very much for any assistance and insight that can be provided!

Oh, and I'm sure I've probably left out some information that will be needed, but I'm not quite sure what you would want... I apologize.

More about : timings 800 mhz ddr2 ram ghz

November 25, 2011 7:58:54 PM

Or, an even better idea: What programs can allow me to set back my memory multiplier? If I could set it from 2.0 to 1.6 my memory would work at normal speeds. Any advice in that department? I've been looking around but haven't found any programs.
November 26, 2011 12:46:23 AM

Please help. I've been looking for nearly eight hours now and I've found absolutely nothing.
a b } Memory
a b K Overclocking
November 27, 2011 2:58:37 AM

Can you bump up the dram voltage? Usually when you increase the speed of the ram it doesn't hurt to give it a little more voltage. Something like 0.05v. Not much.
Related resources
!