Overclocking E7500

hello.i have a c2d e7500 i am able to overclock it upto 4.2 ghz using gigabyte g31m-es2l only with a vcore of 1.32 and i am using thermalright ultima 90i .the problem is that i am unable to post at 4.3ghz even at 1.4vid .and my temps always remain in 50's.what should i do??
4 answers Last reply
More about overclocking e7500
  1. What should you do? Be very happy that you have a cheap system that runs past 4 GHz.

Intel's upper thermal limit for the Wolfdale CPU's is a little over 70 C, so 50 C is good.

If you are using the stock cooler, get a better one.
  2. jsc said:
    What should you do? Be very happy that you have a cheap system that runs past 4 GHz.

Intel's upper thermal limit for the Wolfdale CPU's is a little over 70 C, so 50 C is good.

If you are using the stock cooler, get a better one.

As i have already said i have a thermal right i90(cooler).which mobo would you recommend to overclock higher then this?
  3. Oops. I missed the cooler. :(

You are either close to or at the limits of the CPU. A better motherboard would not be worth the cost.

My E7500 cannot run higher than 4.11 GHz. It is 24 hour Prime95 stable though.
  4. very nice oc.
    great job, its just enough or as stated bu jsc, the cpu might be at its limit
Ask a new question

Read More

CPUs Overclocking Thermalright Gigabyte