Solved

Windows xp does not detetect plantronics bt

Plugging bluetooth receiver for Plantronics Calisto headset into windows XP does not trigger detection and the stack does not load. (Control panel doesn't have bluetooth icon) Trying to manually load driver does not work - system can't find it and plantronics website doesn't have it nor is it present on the CD that comes with the headset. Vista did not have any problem with this headset and I have swapped in other Calisto headsets and receivers for this XP computer and the wincom stack just won't load. Any suggestions?

Should have specified that this is SP3 updated XP system
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about windows detetect plantronics

1. Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

No Bluetooth in Control Panel? Do you have Service Pack 2 installed? Go Start>Run and type in btcpl.cpl and hit |Enter. What happens?

2. Hello and welcome to Tom's Hardware Forums.

No Bluetooth in Control Panel? Do you have Service Pack 2 installed? Go Start>Run and type in btcpl.cpl and hit |Enter. What happens?

Thank you for your query. When I run that command, nothing discernible happens. Momentary hour glass. I went looking in the control panel to see if the bluetooth icon would now be there but it isn't. So I connected the Plantronics again and tried the hardware wizard but still, it notes the presence of Plantronics BT, searches and can't find a driver. Device manager flags the device with yellow.

This is Windows XP Pro with service pack 3.
  3. Best answer

Does the CD have filenames with extensions such as .inf and .sys? If it does, manually install the driver by going to Update Driver then select the option to browse to the location of the disk then point to the relevant folder.

4. Does the CD have filenames with extensions such as .inf and .sys? If it does, manually install the driver by going to Update Driver then select the option to browse to the location of the disk then point to the relevant folder.

Having the Installation wizard search the CD for drivers didn't work; all that APPEARS to be on the disk is proprietary software programs but I will gratefully take your suggestion and investigate the file extensions for a possible driver. Thank you.
  5. Best answer selected by ransomnote.
Ask a new question

Read More

Plantronics Gaming Headsets Windows XP