Memtest is always giving errors the 3rd instance i am running

stephanisk

Distinguished
Nov 11, 2011
Hi,

I am running memtest to check for stability of my ram, strange thing is that when i run the 3rd instance of memtest, that one is always producing errors in my ram, even when i clock down from 1600 to 1333. I have 4 cores so as memtest says run 2047Mb in the first instance and run 4 instances until 100% of ram is used. So i take about 1700 Mb per memtest instance, times 4 + running windows takes about 98% of my ram.

The first, second and fourth instance of memtest keep running fine but the 3rd one gives errors, one after the other.(even with timings of 13 13 13 30 2T on 1333Mhz.)

Anybody faced similar problems? Is my Ram faulty or is this just incorrect. When i clocked down everything Prime 95 blend test seems to keep working without BSOD'ing me like it did before.

Any help please? Thx

suteck

Distinguished
Try putting just 1 stick of ram in at a time to test each memory stick individually to make sure they all pass. That should rule out bad memory sticks. If they all pass then try it with just 2 sticks of ram in the correct slots. See if that passes. You might have a bad stick of ram or one of your memory slots might be bad. And I would run the memory at stock settings first. Just to rule out an overclock fault.

When it BSOD on you what was the fault code? Something like 0x05? That might help in determining the problem.