Your question

PLZZZ HELP AGAIN!!

Tags:
  • Computer
  • Power
  • Components
Last response: in Components
November 30, 2009 7:46:58 PM

I already said this before, my computer turns on for like 1-3 seconds then turns off. BUT if i keep on pressing the power button the computer turns on after about 5 tries. Some people said it is the PSU so i got new one and nothing changed, then people said it could be power button and told me to SWITCH it will reset button and i JUST did that and it did NOT work..

SO WOULD YOU SAY THAT MY MOTHERBOARD IS BROKEN?

More about : plzzz

November 30, 2009 8:40:28 PM

Did you try the screwdriver trick?
m
l
November 30, 2009 9:01:57 PM

crazy359 said:
I already said this before, my computer turns on for like 1-3 seconds then turns off. BUT if i keep on pressing the power button the computer turns on after about 5 tries. Some people said it is the PSU so i got new one and nothing changed, then people said it could be power button and told me to SWITCH it will reset button and i JUST did that and it did NOT work..

SO WOULD YOU SAY THAT MY MOTHERBOARD IS BROKEN?

I had the same problem...well, somewhat. Does your motherboard make any sound (the little beeping noise)? Does it boot to bios, or just start and not make it that far? You've really got to be more specific, because just about anything can be wrong with it. It could be the motherboard, ram, CPU...the more info you give, the better chance someone will be able to answer your question.
m
l
Related resources
December 1, 2009 12:01:08 AM

jamezrp said:
I had the same problem...well, somewhat. Does your motherboard make any sound (the little beeping noise)? Does it boot to bios, or just start and not make it that far? You've really got to be more specific, because just about anything can be wrong with it. It could be the motherboard, ram, CPU...the more info you give, the better chance someone will be able to answer your question.

well no strange sounds, no bios, turns on for about 1 second then turns off, then again 2-3 more times and then it turns on fine and works like before PERFECTLY.

AND no i did not try the screwdriver trick because inst it same thing as swithing reset button with power button? and i did that and it did not work
m
l
December 1, 2009 12:10:56 AM

crazy359 said:
AND no i did not try the screwdriver trick because inst it same thing as swithing reset button with power button? and i did that and it did not work

I would have tried it anyway just to make sure but if you are convinced that it would make no difference then it's time to start throwing cash at the problem by replacing stuff.
m
l
December 1, 2009 1:38:41 AM

Mousemonkey said:
I would have tried it anyway just to make sure but if you are convinced that it would make no difference then it's time to start throwing cash at the problem by replacing stuff.

i have warranty.......i just dont wonna drive there
m
l
December 1, 2009 6:02:11 AM

I've no answers for you on this one. Was it working fine before, and then one morning just stopped? Did it smoke at all? If not, the only thing I can say is you've got it under warranty, so get it fixed.
m
l
December 1, 2009 2:08:49 PM

Be more specific. Powering on like cold boot or from standby? Also, you might be holding down the power button "making it stick" so to speak abd by doing so the motherboard thinks you're doing a manual shutdown.
m
l
December 1, 2009 7:13:42 PM

guys thankss so much but ill take ur advice and give it in for warranty, im writing this form that computer cuz it stars eventually, its like kick starting it lol, i just don wonna ruin it
m
l
!