Toshiba 4600 line in?

Last response: in Laptops & Notebooks
Share
May 20, 2004 11:04:33 AM

I need to get at the stereo line in on the Toshiba 4600.

Although the machine only has a mono mic input, the docking station
adds stereo line in and out, so I'm guessing that it exists on the
expansion connector.

Does anyone know where it can be picked up internally, or has anyone
got the pin-out for the expansion connector that would give me the
information?

Jim

More about : toshiba 4600 line

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 20, 2004 8:10:05 PM

Your best bet is an external USB sound card.

Jim wrote:
> I need to get at the stereo line in on the Toshiba 4600.
>
> Although the machine only has a mono mic input, the docking station
> adds stereo line in and out, so I'm guessing that it exists on the
> expansion connector.
>
> Does anyone know where it can be picked up internally, or has anyone
> got the pin-out for the expansion connector that would give me the
> information?
>

> Jim
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
May 20, 2004 11:08:27 PM

On Thu, 20 May 2004 16:10:05 GMT, Barry Watzman
<WatzmanNOSPAM@neo.rr.com> wrote:

>Your best bet is an external USB sound card.
>

>Jim wrote:
>> I need to get at the stereo line in on the Toshiba 4600.
>>
>> Although the machine only has a mono mic input, the docking station
>> adds stereo line in and out, so I'm guessing that it exists on the
>> expansion connector.
>>
>> Does anyone know where it can be picked up internally, or has anyone
>> got the pin-out for the expansion connector that would give me the
>> information?
>>

>> Jim

Any recommendations on something cheap & cheerful?

I only need it for telecoms grade audio (~3.5KHz) so just about
anything will do.

Jim
!