Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Tivo is Incredible

Last response: in Home Theatre
Share
Anonymous
May 22, 2005 3:54:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

After my brother in law kept telling me how great Tivo was and why I
should get it, I Finally purchased the Series 2 and have since only
Kept MY VCR to play old tapes. What amazed me the most were the
functions and ease of use that is incoporated into this great machine.
My Favorite is the Suggestions where I look through to see what the
machine thinks I might like. I manually record these because if set to
automatic, TIVO Records shows that I don't want as it's not a perfect
system just yet.
Although other set top boxes do about the same things, tivo really
makes it simple for the novice user and makes watching tv a new
experience.

More about : tivo incredible

May 23, 2005 4:06:33 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

On 22 May 2005 11:54:27 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:

>After my brother in law kept telling me how great Tivo was and why I
>should get it, I Finally purchased the Series 2 and have since only
>Kept MY VCR to play old tapes. What amazed me the most were the
>functions and ease of use that is incoporated into this great machine.
>My Favorite is the Suggestions where I look through to see what the
>machine thinks I might like. I manually record these because if set to
>automatic, TIVO Records shows that I don't want as it's not a perfect
>system just yet.
> Although other set top boxes do about the same things, tivo really
>makes it simple for the novice user and makes watching tv a new
>experience.


How is that HD recording going?

Sean
May 23, 2005 5:07:37 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

<SamuelF566@AOL.COM> wrote in message
news:1116788067.162513.286060@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> After my brother in law kept telling me how great Tivo was and why I
> should get it, I Finally purchased the Series 2 and have since only
> Kept MY VCR to play old tapes. What amazed me the most were the
> functions and ease of use that is incoporated into this great machine.
> My Favorite is the Suggestions where I look through to see what the
> machine thinks I might like. I manually record these because if set to
> automatic, TIVO Records shows that I don't want as it's not a perfect
> system just yet.
> Although other set top boxes do about the same things, tivo really
> makes it simple for the novice user and makes watching tv a new
> experience.
>

Glad you like it :) 
Related resources
May 23, 2005 6:19:18 PM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Tivo will never be perfect at predicting what you like and dont
like, it's just an algorithm that takes into account your thumbs
up and down ratings and your viewing habits. However, there is
no reason to disable it as you might find something you like here
and there and all the space taken up by the suggestions won't
affect the recordings of programs you actually want to record.
Basically you can have a hard drive with lots of blank space,
or one with tivo suggestions, it all amounts to the same thing.


<SamuelF566@AOL.COM> wrote in message
news:1116788067.162513.286060@o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> After my brother in law kept telling me how great Tivo was and why I
> should get it, I Finally purchased the Series 2 and have since only
> Kept MY VCR to play old tapes. What amazed me the most were the
> functions and ease of use that is incoporated into this great machine.
> My Favorite is the Suggestions where I look through to see what the
> machine thinks I might like. I manually record these because if set to
> automatic, TIVO Records shows that I don't want as it's not a perfect
> system just yet.
> Although other set top boxes do about the same things, tivo really
> makes it simple for the novice user and makes watching tv a new
> experience.
>
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 3:49:43 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

Sean <none> writes:
>On 22 May 2005 11:54:27 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
>
>>After my brother in law kept telling me how great Tivo was and why I
>>should get it, I Finally purchased the Series 2 and have since only
>>Kept MY VCR to play old tapes. What amazed me the most were the
>>functions and ease of use that is incoporated into this great machine.
>>My Favorite is the Suggestions where I look through to see what the
>>machine thinks I might like. I manually record these because if set to
>>automatic, TIVO Records shows that I don't want as it's not a perfect
>>system just yet.
>> Although other set top boxes do about the same things, tivo really
>>makes it simple for the novice user and makes watching tv a new
>>experience.
>
>
>How is that HD recording going?
>
>Sean

Don't have HD, don't need HD and don't want HD. So what's your point?

scott
Anonymous
June 3, 2005 3:49:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.video.ptv.tivo (More info?)

In article <rWMne.1679$wy1.783@newssvr13.news.prodigy.com>,
scott@slp53.sl.home says...
> Sean <none> writes:
> >On 22 May 2005 11:54:27 -0700, SamuelF566@AOL.COM wrote:
> >
> >>After my brother in law kept telling me how great Tivo was and why I
> >>should get it, I Finally purchased the Series 2 and have since only
> >>Kept MY VCR to play old tapes. What amazed me the most were the
> >>functions and ease of use that is incoporated into this great machine.
> >>My Favorite is the Suggestions where I look through to see what the
> >>machine thinks I might like. I manually record these because if set to
> >>automatic, TIVO Records shows that I don't want as it's not a perfect
> >>system just yet.
> >> Although other set top boxes do about the same things, tivo really
> >>makes it simple for the novice user and makes watching tv a new
> >>experience.
> >
> >
> >How is that HD recording going?
> >
> >Sean
>
> Don't have HD, don't need HD and don't want HD. So what's your point?

His point is that he's an a**hole who hates tivo and apparently has
nothing better to do than haunt newsgroups and such and slam tivo every
chance he gets. Join the ranks of millions of happy usenetters who have
killfiled this troll...
!