Motherboards

wick4577

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
Im trying to replace mb in an hp pavilion a1133w. I removed all the screws, but it seems like the 2 (digital audio in & Out) R holding the board in???
Thanx in Advance
PS Saw old article about this MB (Asus Goldfish 3) missing PCI Express slot, mine is also missing this slot. My question is can U just find the slot & solder it in place 2 enable MB's PCI-E 16X capability???

wick4577

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2010
I got it, thanks anyway.

just to clarify.... I didn't mean the audio CABLES, I meant the audio Jacks that stick out the back of the I/O plate.

It felt like there was a screw or something under those audio I/O's (Not Visible) that was holding MB in place after removing MB screws???

But I think it (MB) was just getting hung up on one of those little bent pieces of sheet metal on the old I/O plate. Just afraid to yank it w/out being sure???

New boards in.....Yipeee Skipeee!!!

Thanks!

Not a good idea. If you check where the slot should be, you will find that the holes are filled with solder (from when they wave soldered the board on the production line.

So first, you need to clean out all those holes well enough to insert a PCIe-X16 socket - without damaging the multi-layer board. Then you need to insert the socket and solder it in - without damaging the multi-layer board.

This is virtually impossible to do with hobbyist equipment at home.

TRENDING THREADS