Which anti statis wristband?

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Which anti static wristband should i get? Also how do i attack the band to the PSU, im guessing im going to have to connect the PSU to the power outlet, and just connect the wristband, should be it, right?

renegeek

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2008
or if u want live dangerlessly, u could take an old computer power cord, and cut off the HOT and Neg, pegs off, and only have the ground plug still sticking out... and plug that into the outlet ground... and at the other end, strip off the wire, and attach the ground wire to u,... that will ground ya...

(NOW CAREFUL, MAKE SHURE YOUR GROUND, ON THE HOUSE IS CORRECTLY GROUNDED, I DONT WANT U TO KILL YOUR SELF...)

that is what i did, to ground, and discharge CRT monitors, before i worked on them...

ohiou_grad_06

Distinguished
What I personally do at work, I took an old cord, twisted a couple of paperclips around, and rammed them into the ground plug of the PC power cord, then taped off the positive and negative ports on the plug so no metal ends could touch, then wrap the ends of the paper clip around themselves, clip your wrist strap to that, and good. Perfect ground. We actually used to have a plug on our old wrist strap that plugged us into only the ground plug until the strap broke. Too bad as that was an awesome wrist strap. Next best thing imo.