My computer will not recognize that i am the administrator in windows xp pro

Lineonetech

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
I am trying to load drivers into a newly reformated XP Pro Computer. It keeps telling me that I need to be loged in as an administrator. I am the administrator. I have even reveild the hidden administrators profile and loged into that. How do I get this computer to recognize me as the administrator?

Give this a read - possibly might be infected, also.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-security/cannot-log-in-as-administrator-because-it-does-not/54e74e70-1f44-4ad3-99e2-5184e0ded738

Lineonetech

Honorable
Feb 17, 2012
its not that I cant log in its that even though I am logged in it still does not recognize that I am the administrator. I unlocked the admistrator profile plus I have created two other administrative accounts. I have also tried chancing one of the accounts to a Limmited account then back again to an admin account to no avail.the computer just keeps telling me that I have to be loged on as an administrator when I try to apply the new drivers. It accepts everything else just not the drivers. It took all of the updates and I am able to load programs just not any of the new driver updates. Help Please its on a XP Pro Platform. thank you.

Repair-install your OS with booting from Windows CD.