Solved

SSD Question

Hello,
I have a Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H Mobo and have two internal mechanical drives. I would like to replace my C: drive for a OCZ 120GB Vertex3 Sata 111 6.0GB SSD. I would like to use the 120GB Vertex SSD for the Window's 7 64bit boot and Premiere Elements. First off, is this a good choice for my Mobo, and would it be better to do a clean install of Window's 7 or use a "Easeus" image of the C: drive? Thank you.
7 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about question
  1. If you do a clean install, you will also have to re-install ALL of your other applications and programs. Not doing a clean install could cause some of your already installed programs to fail due to changes in drive letter assignments when adding the SSD as C:
  2. Even if the installed programs are already on drive C: in the image?
  3. The programs should work in that case, unless you put the data on the other drive.
  4. Yes, I have some data on my storage D: drive.
  5. I would be using the storage D: drive with the new SSD drive. However, if a clean install is the way to go, then so be it.
  6. Best answer
    A clean install is typically always your best option, if an option for you. Otherwise, a cloned drive is the next best option for making the switch :)
  7. Best answer selected by reddace.
Ask a new question

Read More

Hard Drives SSD Storage