AFTER SELECTING LOGON PC REBOOTS 5 TO 6 TIMES BEFORE
LOGGING ON , IT HAS A FRSH INSTALL OVER WINDOWS ME, DOES
THIS OCCASIONALLY. APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE.

THANK YOU.

RWCROW1@cox.net

On Wed, 4 Aug 2004 11:02:09 -0700, "RWCROW1"
>AFTER SELECTING LOGON PC REBOOTS 5 TO 6 TIMES BEFORE
>LOGGING ON , IT HAS A FRSH INSTALL OVER WINDOWS ME, DOES
>THIS OCCASIONALLY. APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE.

Do you actually mean an UPDATE over ME?

John Thomas Smith
http://www.direct2usales.com
http://www.pacifier.com/~jtsmith

ok i don't want this to sound like i trying to invade your personal privacy
by asking you these question ok.
1.) When you did the fresh install of windows xp from Windows ME did you
pick the Upgrade option when you installed it?
2.) did you upgrade from windows 98 to Windows ME? If you did you should
have went into the "add and remove programs" and uninstalled windows ME
because when you first upgraded it changed files and if you did another
upgrade to Windows XP that is where the problem could be.
But when Windows ME was made it was done very poorly and that is were some
of the problems are is windows XP and windows me are not very friendly to
each other because windows me is just very unstable and Windows XP has to
change some of the system files that are there and when some of them are
changed and some of them are just let alone that is where a conflict and
accore.
You might also have a virus that could be in the MBR-> "Master Boot Record"
so if you don't get rid of the MBR you will not be able to get rid of the
virus that is causeing the problem. and if it is a virus in the MBR you will
have to do a clean install of the Windows Operating System and you will have
to delete partitions that are on the computer and then you will have to
procede with the Windows Installation then.

"RWCROW1" wrote:

> AFTER SELECTING LOGON PC REBOOTS 5 TO 6 TIMES BEFORE
> LOGGING ON , IT HAS A FRSH INSTALL OVER WINDOWS ME, DOES
> THIS OCCASIONALLY. APPRECIATE ANY HELP YOU CAN PROVIDE.
>

> THANK YOU.
>
> RWCROW1@cox.net

TRENDING THREADS