HD 4670 users (plz visit here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vinay_cool88

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
hi frnds,
This thread is for all 4670 users ( any brand) and i would like u to plz help in discussing problems related to this card !

The major problem i discovered(and my frnds) with this card is the monitor going blank while playing certain games and till now no accurate solution is there.

the games creating problems are namely :

1. call of juarez : bound in blood
2. X-Men: Wolverine Origins
3. Gears of War
4. Batman Arkham Asylum
5. bionic commando
6. urt 3 and few other games !

so if u have experienced the same problem plz mention it here along with ur card brand and the solution u did (if u were successful).
It will be a great help for all of us in getting the actual the problem !

Till now i have 6 confirmed cases of same problem by people across country with different hardware but same card ( sapphire 4670 512 mb(hdmi on board)) ! :sweat:

vinay_cool88

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Are you talking about the "AtiKmdag error". "Your display driver has stopped working and has recovered?"

If so, it has nothing to do with your 4670 or ATI's drivers, this is a problem with both Nvidia and ATI cards with both XP and Vista and its very common. There is no one solution but a combination of solutions that will work for most users.

I never see this error in written but few times in urt3 i get error like vpu recovery has recovered the problem.
And yes the problem is that in between the mentioned games ,the monitor suddenly lost signal and on restarting the pc everything becomes absolutely fine and also no problem at all with high end games like gta4 ,crysis ,warhead,grid,re5 etc
Is this the error u have mentioned ?

vinay_cool88

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
Well you still haven't told us the exact error your getting or what operating system your running.
What is the make and model of your power supply?

well i never able to see the error as once the screen goes blank it wont return without restarting and so i never abel to get the error and also i think in havent update my windows xp sp3 for long time .
i have a local 450 w smps with 18 A on 12 V rail

G

hi,

I have Radeon HD 4670, windows 7, all latest drivers and updates and I am getting the same problem. PS is 650W.

The bug manifests as gameplay suddenly stopping for 15-20 seconds, and then resuming with a 'no signal' warning from the monitor.

About 10% of the time the entire system freezes and I have to reset at the box (ctl+alt+del doesnt work even).

There is no error message in either case.

This only happens playing newer games (magesty2, company of heros, demigod so far).

Any help appreciated!

abdmaster

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2009
Hey,

Well after reading this, I think its a problem with 4670.

I bought it on may 2009.. I installed the game "Sherlock holmes vs Jack the Ripper". This was the 1st game which turned down the monitor signal off after 40mins of gameplay. I confirmed it testing 3 times and same thing happened. At that time I was sure that it was due to PhysicX...

But recently, I started to face it again. This time happened with The Sims 3 and DiRT 2. though when I started the game after the problem, the problem didn't occured just then. then After playing straight 7-8 hours, it occured again.

I think putting it into stress makes it go off...!!!

Here's my system
Core2Extreme QX6850
Intel Media Series DP35DP
2GB RAM 800MHz
Sapphire ATi 4670 512mb
Windows Vista SP2 32-bit
Driver Version 9.10

vaughn2k

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
To guys with problem with ATI HD 4670. I would not like to sound that I am an AMD fan, but hey, the cheapest card than 9600GT with better performance. :love:

I have a pentium4 FSB 400 socket 478 setup with 2.6ghz speed and I do not have the problem,
I have 2 more computers with same video card also do not have the problem.

I changed one of the monitors from LCD to CRT, and there is where I experience the problem..

Might be:
1. Refresh rate
2. Resolution
3. monitor capability

I think it is not a problem of the video card.

:sol:

asahel

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2009
I have a HIS 4670 and I haven't come across any of these problems and I play SF4, Advanced Fighters 2, MW2, HAWX, Batman Arkham Asylum, GTA4, Prototype, GTASA, and DMC4. I'm thinking that the problem is not card but something that you guys are doing, like what are your settings and are you doing anything different like OC because I OC my card and still nothing, and if you guys have found what the problem is and found the solution I would like to know what you guys id to fix it.

akurzym

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2010
Just installed the HIS 4670 a few days ago. I am not having any problems with my PC crashing or anything. However, I am having problems with my web browsers displaying correctly, and also the descriptions for all my desktop icons are highlighted all the time...can't figure this one out. I just upgraded my PSU also 550w 30A@+12v rail, should be more than enough. I have an older Gateway system 1.5 Gig RDRAM, Pentium 4 - 2.66ghz
Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks

kushagra_5

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010

the problem u stated might be a bug in the OS....

kushagra_5

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2010
i have a ASUS Radeon version of hd 4670 and it is a really satisfactory card!!!! i can play crysis warhead with 25 to 47 fps with only a minor stuttering problems..!!! i can even play gta4 with fps from 29 to 45 with everything on very high, except for the drawdistance.
i didnt have any problem with this card till now.. believe me!

grewal630

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2010
I have same problem with my new XFX hd4670 1gb ddr3.My conf: AMD athlon X4 630 2.8, 2gb ram,320 hdd,ecs 785g mobo,450watt Atx ,22inch samsung monitor. My system crashes while playing heavy graphic games.But now its working like breeze... what i did was just by luck i install steam software then run it couple of times to play small games then i go to settings and check for update.. it ask for AMD DRIVER UPDATE and i click ok ..it downloaded suitable drivers and install by itself and restart system. Now i got new catalys controll center and able to play all games without any problem.hope it works for others 4670 users also.

Status
Not open for further replies.